Daniel Cormier vs Gus

DC got undressed by Jones he pressures straight up the middle he not only looks soft in the middle he truly is. Gus would punish him in the gut with kicks and punches and slow any chances to employ his base wrestling. DC best do some ab works and core strength training.

DC had a very distinct advantage at HW, and that was speed. Now he's at LHW and doesn't hold that kind of edge at all against the top guys. Fedor pretty much always had a speed advantage too against most of his opponents. Once you take that away it means you have to compensate for relying on it previously and develop better timing and footwork.

Gustafsson would keep him on the outside, eventually (sooner than later) DC would get in and they'd clinch fight. If Gustafsson starts unloading uppercuts or knees (if he wanted to risk getting taken down or slammed) then he could hurt and possibly stop DC, who was wobbled by a punch from Jones last night (Jones isn't a heavy hitter either). Gustafsson has a sick chin and if DC couldn't knock Jones out in a clinch battle dirty boxing clinic then I doubt he'll be able to do it to Gus.

DC would come pressing forward and Gus would look to try and pick him apart from the outside at first. Gustafsson can actually fight off of his back foot and has even hurt and dropped guys there (Thiago Silva for instance) so he'd be capable of finishing even while being moved backwards / with most of his weight on the back foot.

Gus_1.png

I'd predict Gustafsson by T/KO inside 2 or 3 rounds. He'll be trying to get him out of there early due to his punching power and wrestling ability.

Dude, Jones won because of his wrestling. He couldn't keep DC on the outside to save his life. What makes you think Gus would be able to, the same Gus that clearly was out struck and lost to an overwhelmingly under-prepared and unmotivated Jones? Trust me, I want Gus to win but I'm not going to let my emotions cloud my judgement and try and pervert the truth with quasi factual information.

You are delusional if you think losing a close fight to JJ means that DC can't hang with any top 205'er. If anything, it proves DC is super elite because he went tit for tat with the best, most motivated Jones we have ever seen.

Which 205'ers do you think take DC atm? Would you be willing to account bet or put money down if you are so confident . DC would be betting favorite against anyone not named Jon Jones or Cain Velasquez. Losing to only Jon Jones or Cael Sanderson in their respective crafts merely means you are better than everyone else in the world except one person. This weak minded banana dicked mentality that if you lose once at the highest level, you are a weak, pathetic, puny little girl and it is absolutely back wooded, inbred, small peckered, passive aggressive and has no place among more highly evolved primates.

I think it's a little bit of bull shit that Gus can still be considered the number one contender. He lost to the champ ages ago, had one "keep busy" fight against Jimi Manuwa almost a year ago and he's done nothing since.

The only way I can make sense of it is if I think about the PPV: Rumble needs a win over Gus to create some sort of hype for a Jones fight, obviously beating the guy that nearly beat the champ serves that purpose. I guess Gus needs to beat Rumble because he hasn't had a fight in ages, and the division is moving on without him. One thing I do know is Gus is bloody lucky that LHW is ridiculously thin right now.

I respectfully disagree. The Gus vs Jones fight was so close it deserved a rematch. Now Gus fighting jimi manuwa as a keep busy fight was off. Gus should of taken a top tear guy down.(as the first title defence of the peoples championship)

Dude, Jones won because of his wrestling. He couldn't keep DC on the outside to save his life. What makes you think Gus would be able to, the same Gus that clearly was out struck and lost to an overwhelmingly under-prepared and unmotivated Jones? Trust me, I want Gus to win but I'm not going to let my emotions cloud my judgement and try and pervert the truth with quasi factual information.

Well, here's one for starters. Gus actually has a jab. He actually has one of the best, if not the best, jabs in MMA. He also has superior footwork compared to Jones and DC and his use of lateral movement means that you have to catch him, but you'd have to cut him off first. And even if you could cut him off or trap him against the fence, how long do you really think he'd stick around? He's always sticking and moving these days and will dance around guys that just walk straight at him, which DC did to Jones a lot lost night. He followed Jones around like a puppy dog on a leash extended out straight. Gustafsson was also never "clearly" outstruck and the Jones excuses are lame at best. You guys need to stop saying that Jones was unprepared and unmotivated, it's completely ridiculous. Jones can say he was unmotivated but there's evidence that he was plenty motivated on his Instagram account talking about breaking his personal best strength & conditioning records from previous fight camps.

You are delusional if you think losing a close fight to JJ means that DC can't hang with any top 205'er. If anything, it proves DC is super elite because he went tit for tat with the best, most motivated Jones we have ever seen.

Which fight do you think was closer, DC's fight with Jones or Gus? And once again, get out of here with the unmotivated and motivated shit. Jones didn't look amazing last night and he's already admitted it. He acknowledged that he still has a lot of work to do. He's right, he does have a lot.

Which 205'ers do you think take DC atm? Would you be willing to account bet or put money down if you are so confident . DC would be betting favorite against anyone not named Jon Jones or Cain Velasquez. Losing to only Jon Jones or Cael Sanderson in their respective crafts merely means you are better than everyone else in the world except one person. This weak minded banana dicked mentality that if you lose once at the highest level, you are a weak, pathetic, puny little girl and it is absolutely back wooded, inbred, small peckered, passive aggressive and has no place among more highly evolved primates.

DC lost in wrestling to more than just Sanderson, DC has lost matches nationally and internationally. He was never even the best wrestler in the world for his weight division, and he's certainly not the best in the world at the moment in MMA either. Jones beat him last night, Gus would very likely beat him, and Johnson would have a good shot at beating him too. If he fights like the way he did last night then he isn't going to be walking through AJ's and Gus' strikes to get inside like he did against Jones, he'll get dropped or knocked out on the spot. Jones, who has hardly any power in his hands, was able to stagger him with a punch. Think about that for a second. He was able to stagger and hurt the guy.

I respectfully disagree. The Gus vs Jones fight was so close it deserved a rematch. Now Gus fighting jimi manuwa as a keep busy fight was off. Gus should of taken a top tear guy down.(as the first title defence of the peoples championship)

At the risk of killing this argument with politeness and manners (we also must assume Gus beats Rumble), I can submit to the theory that the title fight deserved a rematch. I personally don't think so, but when you compare it to say Henricks/Lawler III you can't really argue.

It's pretty shitty for Jones though, if you compare each guys road back to each other since the first fight, Jones drew the short straw.

DC needs more than 1 win to get another shot at JBJ. I'd take DC over Alex tho, I'm sure it'd be a great fight.

Where are you getting that from?

It's a self-defense mechanism Jones "fans" are using these days to cope with the beating that Jones went through in the Gustafsson fight. They have no evidence, no proof, no facts, they're just typing it on a message board (this one) with nothing to back it up. They can't elaborate on it because they know they're using a lame excuse to give their fighter a pass on his "off night".

It's sad. If they had actual evidence to support it then it'd be worth taking a look into, but they don't.

DC would win, but his next fight should be against the Evans vs Teixeira loser or Davis vs Bader... winner?

Hold up. Phil davis is the dark horse right now. While everyone was making a dick out of him he has imrpoved dramatically.

That being said, Gus and DC are both dangers for John. Though now obviously, and painful for me to say, Gus is the bigger danger. That depends on the rumble fight, and Ill reserve my opinion for after that fight happens. Thank god though, hopefully that fight wont suck.

now, I don't know if gus can beat Cormier, it is a toss up just like Jones/DC was.

whoever loses should not fight coRMIER. Cormier should fight the loser of Gus/Rumble, who in turn should fight the winner of Davis/Bader. OSP should fight rashad.

so it was said, so it shall be done maybe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There have not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weightclas

If and when Gus loses to Rumble they should then feed Gus to Cormier or Rampage.

Back