Daniel Cormier vs Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson..

bump bc i still wanna see this fight. don't let bones puss out vs Gus. give the man his rematch, let DC continue to earn/prove his place on deck. If DC can't beat rumble, he has no business in the cage with JBJ. 2 wins in the division (over a geriatric hendo and idk who the other guy even is) and a bunch of wins in his back pocket over top 10 (not top 5) hw's doesnt equal world beater IMO. He may turn out to be one, but as of now he still needs to prove himself. let him earn his shot by taking on Rumble, and if he can get past him and then JBJ, hats off to DC and all doubts officially erased. I'm not saying DC is bad, he's actually been pretty flawless. But he's yet to fight a top level opponent who's in their prime. That's all I'm asking. Has he fought big names? Absolutely. Has he ever been an underdog? Maybe vs bigfoot or barnett, but in hindsight, he should have been favored. Let his gloves do the talking...petitioning for a title shot is for the birds...

There aren't enough legitimate contenders at 205 to make a match up like this.

Thats exactly the fight to make.

I love DC and i think he already deserves a title shot, but having him sit back and wait till next year is plain stupid.

Some nuthuggers here are beyond delusional.

There aren't enough legitimate contenders at 205 to make a match up like this.

i think this is exactly why you need to make this fight TO legitimize the division. enough with people limping or backing into matchups vs jones by beating a few people barely in the top 10 if in it at all, then cherry picking the next one to get clobbered by jones. let the best fight each other, then the best of the best fight jones. if the division gets cleaned out, so be it. jones will get bored, be declared the LHW GOAT, move up and the division will start over.. as opposed to people bickering over who they think could beat who or who they think the best is. but this shit that's been going on the past 2-3 years is stupid, it's made LHW go from the premier division to the most boring division. say HYPOTHETICALLY dc beats rumble in a close match, then knocks out jones... rumble is still relevant. remember when HW was on the edge of extinction, then they made a 4 man tourney to determine the champ... IMO the way they forced the best to all fight for the title saved that division. let's have some legitimate matches with the best of the best already, and quit trying to protect fighters. This is professional fighting for christ's sake.

Back