Daniel Cormier vs Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson..

Would make sense, but seeing as how DC is the next hope to dethrone Jones, everyone on here will throw a giant tantrum at the idea of it.

I like this fight. But after DC gets his title shot. Would be interesting. Both of them fight at rumble weight.

Rumble scares the shit out of me. He's an animal. You might lose to DC, but at least you get to keep your soul.

All he did against Davis was shrug off takedowns and land grazing punches. Davis wasn't hurt once. I'll admit Rumble looks scary against Charlie Brenneman and Mike Kyle but he beat Davis via activity and should have lost to Arlovski.

Doesn't mean Rumble can't be an animal in the future but as of right now, he doesn't look so scary against top competition.

Cormier will step in and face rumble once lil nog pulls out with another injury... LOL

Cormier is 35. He should be getting a title shot naow.

All he did against Davis was shrug off takedowns and land grazing punches. Davis wasn't hurt once. I'll admit Rumble looks scary against Charlie Brenneman and Mike Kyle but he beat Davis via activity and should have lost to Arlovski.

Doesn't mean Rumble can't be an animal in the future but as of right now, he doesn't look so scary against top competition.

Should've lost against Arlovski? What fight were you watching?

sure :redface:. please explain to me your reasons for such a statement.

i think rumble has more powerful strikes than jones, he's faster than jones, and he showed amazing tdd vs davis. Jones is flat footed, rumble isn't

What do you have against Rumble?

huh?

also i think that rumble/cormier each need this fight...both are relatively new to the division. Gus should have fought recently, but he did earn a rematch... which as far as i know is already set up. cormier is more than due a shot with his record...but im in the school of thought that likes no1 contender fights...if they 'deserve' a title shot, they'll earn it in the cage. i know chael/vitor weaseled their way into lhw title shots, but that was bc nobody would fight jones. the division has reloaded itself, to a degree, from where it was... and neither of those fights should have happened, IMO. i think these are 3 fights that need to happen...for the fans..and for the division to re-establish itself as what it once was

LHW needs contenders, don't waste them on eacother. DC should get winner of Jones/Gus, and do Rumble versus anyone.

I think this is the problem at LHW - contenders are dwindling quick as guys drop out of the division to face champs who aren't jones. Hell, Jones had to pad his record with two freakshows that should never have been sanctioned (vitor, chael) due to issues with a lack of LHW challengers.

big problem imo

Should've lost against Arlovski? What fight were you watching?

I watched Rumble stall for literally all of the last two rounds. He did nothing but clinch and fail TD's. Arlovski defended and peppered him with shots.

I watched Rumble stall for literally all of the last two rounds. He did nothing but clinch and fail TD's. Arlovski defended and peppered him with shots.

Yet Arlovski came out of the fight with a broken jaw....

DC should have 1 big test before a titleshot. Yes, he's looked great. Yes, he's 35. so what...He only has 2 fights in the division. if he is that great, he'll prove it once again. nobody should ever petition for or be handed title fights, they should get in the cage, do work, and dana will give it to them if they do their part. Gus BEAT jones IMO. give the man his rematch and if he loses, gus falls off the map and everyone gets off jones' back over the first fight. The 2 that waltzed into the division and got title shots (vitor, chael)...dont even get me started, they never should have even been in the same ring. reminds me of the don king boxing days where the matchups made no sense, except to the man with the hair, who got the money.

they're saying DC will sit and wait on the jones/gus winner. that's fucking bullshit. if you're a contender, you shouldnt be able to call the shots like that. you're talking about a 9+ month layoff while the freaking champ has to go out and fight. if the champ isnt given the same amount of time off, the challenger shouldnt get the fight. i know gus fought a nobody recently, but thats not his fault bc lil nog got hurt and that was a replacement. and the injury argument...you see more people getting hurt in camp these days than in fights...so sorry thats not convincing me either. DC needs to fight..and should man up and fight someone like Rumble, or if he wants to be a bitch, let someone who's deserving and willing to fight get next in line, not someone who wants to call their shots and sit on their ass. hopefully he was just being overzealous in stressing the fact that he wants a shot and will prove he deserves it, rather than resting on his laurels like a chump.

I think Cormier takes this easily. Johnson kicks too much for Cormier not to grab a leg.

Back