Daniel Cormier is one of The Goats.

Cormier was one of the most exciting HW’s of all time. First few times I ever saw him fight I was like, “whoa. he’s black Fedor!”.
dc would wipe out the entire pride HW
and be still in his prime
fighting japanese pro wrestlers is easier than fighting strikeforce HW guys

I ironically agree with you and i think DC’s accomplishments exceed Jon Jones’, if losing to a guy means you can’t put him above that person on the goat list then why do people put Anderson Silva above people he has lost to?

Outside of the Knockdown DC suffered against Gustafsson, he more decisively beat him clearer than Jones despite the size difference while Jones struggled the most with guys who were more similar in size to him like Gustafsson and Reyes whom he could’ve arguably lost to.

DC was the gatekeeper for Jones protecting him from incredibly Dangerous guys like Anthony Johnson. He moved up to Heavyweight, beat a younger Stipe (not the elderly one Jones wants to fight) and successfully defended his belt against Derrick Lewis.

DC at 38 was willing to fight a 30 year old Jones practically giving up the Aforementioned age, height and reach only for Jones to test positive for a banned Substance. Flash Forward in time now that Jones is DC’s age, he prefers to fight a 41 year old Stipe instead of affording the same courtesy DC afforded him all to him all those years ago to Tom Aspinall.

People will go through whatever delusions to avoid dealing with reality… throwing shade at Cormiers Daddy doesn’t do him any favors.

Put some respect on Jones name casuals. He had his way with DC and did everything he said he would do to him TWICE. Made him cry TWICE.

Can’t be a GOAT if you cry in the ring for getting beat up after doing all that chirping lol.

602_Daniel_Cormier_vs_Jon_Jones.0.jpg

8977538_web1_mma-ufc214_072917ev_102.jpg

I ironically agree with you and i think DC’s accomplishments exceed Jon Jones’, if losing to a guy means you can’t put him above that person on the goat list then why do people put Anderson Silva above people he has lost to?

Outside of the Knockdown DC suffered against Gustafsson, he more decisively beat him clearer than Jones despite the size difference while Jones struggled the most with guys who were more similar in size to him like Gustafsson and Reyes whom he could’ve arguably lost to.

DC was the gatekeeper for Jones protecting him from incredibly Dangerous guys like Anthony Johnson. He moved up to Heavyweight, beat a younger Stipe (not the elderly one Jones wants to fight) and successfully defended his belt against Derrick Lewis.

DC at 38 was willing to fight a 30 year old Jones practically giving up the Aforementioned age, height and reach only for Jones to test positive for a banned Substance. Flash Forward in time now that Jones is DC’s age, he prefers to fight a 41 year old Stipe instead of affording the same courtesy DC afforded him all to him all those years ago to Tom Aspinall.

Very well put. I’ve never rated Jon as a fighter either. The stuff people post to justify their opinion on him being the best is gimmicky - Jon doing spinning stuff with zero substance behind it early in his career against old weaker fighters. Ragdolling Bonnar etc. as soon as Jon fought people his own size he struggled, he’s like Jake Paul. Well not that illegitimate of course, but he’s pretty close these days.

dc would wipe out the entire pride HW
and be still in his prime
fighting japanese pro wrestlers is easier than fighting strikeforce HW guys

Says the impoverished villager from a third world country 🤣

The guy was a beast. Only ever lost to Jones and Miočić, no shame in that.
But the OP is lame.

No one can deny it. Hater, lover; dumb, smart, casual (or worst Pride cheerleader), intelligent fan (me). Everyone has to admit: Daniel Cormier belongs to the podium of MMA Greatest Fighters.

It is true, he is annoying sometimes. It is true, he lost once to Jones. I repeat he lost ONCE to Jon Jones. However, his record speaks for itself.

So, let´s get one thing straight: Cormier is one of the 20 GOATs of Sherdog. Period.

View attachment 1057935
And he lost twice to Stipe. And only beat him by cheating.

1723718580966.gif

He was a very good fighter, but not the best at any division. He’s also an insufferable shameless company shill.

DC was a damn beast and anyone who says otherwise is a hater

I thought he’d be the one to dethrone Bones, even went to the 2nd fight to watch live and see him lose horribly

I still ride with popeyes
I really thought he had the recipe to defeat Jon.

Daniel had an amazing run in mma overall considering it was after an Olympic grappling career.

Unfortunately I feel like his legacy will always be "the best runner up" which is unfair to him but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

He is. Two things hurt his career, too
  1. Starting late in his early 30s (similar to Randy Couture and Yoel)
  2. The fact Cain was at HW so Cormier fought at LHW during the Jones era so they didn't have to fight each other. He did win the LHW belt and defend it a few times (along with HW belt with one defense). However, I think he may have been more dominant at HW if Cain wasn't in the picture. I can see him holding the belt from around 2013-2018. Prime JDS, Stipe and Werdum would've been challenges and he might have lost & regained it, but he beat prime Stipe the first time they fought. Machida was in a similar situation with Anderson Silva at MW during his prime.

I actually think he is insanely overrated. He won the LHW belt because Jon was gone and won the HW belt with a blatant eye poke.

He bragged about cheating with the towel in his UFC Hall of Fame speech. He actually seems like a pretty awful person.

Oh, he is also one of the worst commentators I've ever heard

Jones has him beat in title defenses too....I think thats something very important that you are ignoring. Still hate Jones but he is certainly the more accomplished fighter.

Back