Media Daniel Cormier goes off on Joaquin Buckley following McGregor callout

Mickey gall calling out retired Dan Hardy that has a heart condition that doesn't allow him to even be sanctioned to fight is still the worst call out of all time but this was pretty bad too. Such a waste of mic time and pathetic to give that little midget Conor even more unwarranted attention. Call out an opponent that is actually likely. Maybe Conor sent him a check$ for the ball washing he just got though.
I agree. I wish people would ignore mcgregor.

He's like The highschool Quarterback that took the team to the championship back in 09'. Yes he was the shit back then, but now he's a department manager at home depot. Let it go.

DC thinks he's Kendrick Lamar

giphy.gif

so anyone thats white?

lol i can assure you, one of the greatest fighters of our generation + someone that has multiple shows on ESPN + a commentator is a bigger voice than a fkin ring announcer.
Lol Bruce Buffer is an UFC icon, mire loved and respected than that dirty sell out and cheater Cormier.

Maybe Conor sent him a check$ for the ball washing he just got though.

Did you watch the interview or just want to interject your thoughts and feelings, without any context of what he even said?

I just watched it today, due to this thread. In no way was there any possibility that someone could confuse that callout for ball washing.

He accused him of fighting and picking on midgets (Michael Chandler, Sean O'Malley, and Ryan Garcia), while claiming to have bulked up and be fighting in the 170 lbs division. He said to come pick on him. He said that he researched the McGregor family name - then proceeded to disclose he found out his daddy was a ho, his granddaddy was a ho, his great granddaddy was a ho, and his mother raised a ho. Pretty sure them is fighting words and not ball washing. Then he said he would bet the money that he doesn't have that McGregor wouldn't even respond.

Not here to say it was a good or bad callout, whether bringing up family members should be condoned, or whether he would even be worthy of such a high profile fight, just to simply state that there was no ball washing, and summarize what was said.

It was a super bizarre callout and bipolar post fight speech.

One second he was giving a heartfelt inspirational tribute to his grandma who was fighting ALS, the next second he was calling all of McGregors descendents "hoes."

What's wrong with the callout? Everyone likes bread, or the chance to make bread.
No cunt gives a fuck about integrity anymore, they just wanna make that bread.

I used to like DC but he's quite preachy, especially for someone who has such terrible takes fairly often.

It was a waste of a callout opportunity because Conor has no idea who he is and he has absolutely zero chance of getting a fight against him.

Someone like Durinho would have made sense, he's above him in the rankings, he's a name, he beat his teammate, there's a story there

I don't like Buckley, but Bisping, Sonnen and Cormier 3 of the biggest voices in the game?

IJO.gif
"3 of the biggest voices" doesn't mean the 3 biggest voices. People get confused by this. Bisping, DC and Sonnen are def "3 of the biggest voices", .....among many others.

this from a guy who participatied in Brock Lesner coming into the cage so they could do some weird wrestling shit while DC smiled like a weirdo the entire time. Dont care for his opinion on the topic.

Last edited:
Lol DC Is funny guy, the 3 biggest voices in the game are Rogan, Buffer and Dana

this this a joke? Jokes are supposed to be funny, not make people question if you've suffered a TBI.

The criticism of Buckley's callout is strange. People don't seem to realize that Buckley wasn't necessarily trying to get a Conor fight; he was trying to go "viral" to help his own brand. And guess what, it worked. He now has "3 of the biggest voices in the game" talking about him. If he had called out Burns instead, nobody would be talking about it.

If you take issue with calling Conor's family a bunch of hoes, I can understand. But in terms of calling out Conor, he actually made great use of his mic time.

To be fair, most dont have a clue what to do with the little mic time they get, calling out Mcgregor for a 170lbs fight against a noname its well, a waste, callout someone that at least will watch you do it, that will respond...Conor had better things to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back