Daniel Cormier actually isn't that short, he's the same height as Rashad Evans.

5'9"? Where do you guys come up with these bullshit f'ing numbers? Hes not 5'9 just because you cant judge distance in a photo, and hes not 5'9" just because you want him to be.

Every single thread about height goes exactly the same, short fans say fighters are about 2 inches shorter then they actually are because it makes them feel less insecure. Guess what? There are plenty of good short fighters to be fans of without making up fighters heights.

I'm as tall as Cormier is supposed to be officially. fact is that Cormier was listed at 5'10 up until his fights in the UFC and fact is that he doesn't look taller than Pettis and that the UFC and even at the Olympics most guys have an inch or 2 extra in height.
I'm not making up shit.
Do you also believe Lombard is really 5'10? Hint: he wasn't listed at 5'10 at the Olympics

DC looks shorter because he got no neck and a big round head and a butterball shape. Rashad owns a neck and pop that Tshirt body.
I don't see Jones man handling DC or visa/versa but I do see Jones handling his business and a lot of DC supporters jumping on the next guy to beat Jones with their theories & notions as to why Jones will lose to (place name here) ___________.

There was barely any grappling or wrestling attempts on Jones part in the Rashad fight. Bad fight to point to.

DC looks shorter because he got no neck and a big round head and a butterball shape. Rashad owns a neck and pop that Tshirt body.
I don't see Jones man handling DC or visa/versa but I do see Jones handling his business and a lot of DC supporters jumping on the next guy to beat Jones with their theories & notions as to why Jones will lose to (place name here) ___________.

DC is the first guy to not be like +450 against Jones since Shogun

yYuWJ.gif

Also, why isn't this gif used more on Sherdog? It's fantastic!

That's another good point, he's fought guys who were bigger than Jon Jones

the point of this thread wasnt whether or not Rashad was "short" for a LHW, but rather the fact that Jon Jones wasn't able to ragdoll Rashad, or really take him down, so I don't know where these people get off saying he's going to be able to do any better at manhandling or dominating DC in wrestling

None of the guys Cormier has faced were bigger than Jones. Someone may have an inch over Jones (Palelei perhaps?), but considering height + reach (and that Jones knows very well how to use it), this is the biggest challenge of Cormier's career, even considering only physical attributes.

None of the guys Cormier has faced were bigger than Jones. Someone may have an inch over Jones (Palelei perhaps?), but considering height + reach (and that Jones knows very well how to use it), this is the biggest challenge of Cormier's career, even considering only physical attributes.

Height isn't size Barnett Bigfoot and Palelei are bigger than Jones if height is size than Cerrone is bigger than Hunt.
Also Cormier has fought at least one 6'6 guy but I think Jones will still win I believe Jones' kicks will give Cormier trouble and possibly his elbows

I'm as tall as Cormier is supposed to be officially. fact is that Cormier was listed at 5'10 up until his fights in the UFC and fact is that he doesn't look taller than Pettis and that the UFC and even at the Olympics most guys have an inch or 2 extra in height.
I'm not making up shit.
Do you also believe Lombard is really 5'10? Hint: he wasn't listed at 5'10 at the Olympics

Look Jon Jones is only about 1" taller! Since DC is 5'8"-5'9" Jones must be 5'10 tops. I know this because i did my super scientific analysis on the photo.

ufc-182-jon-jones-and-daniel-cor.jpg

DC is the first guy to not be like +450 against Jones since Shogun

My friend the only odds I pay attention to are NFL football odds. I watch fights I really don't beat them only for shots or beer.

Cormier is legit 5'11. People have to realize that standing next to someone who is 5 inches taller than you (Jones is 6'4) is going to make you look shorter in context.

My friend the only odds I pay attention to are NFL football odds. I watch fights I really don't beat them only for shots or beer.

thats cool, i just wanted to point out that its not just sherdoggers or jones-haters who are backing DC. Ofc Jones might still win easily, its MMA and he is favored.

Look Jon Jones is only about 1" taller! Since DC is 5'8"-5'9" Jones must be 5'10 tops. I know this because i did my super scientific analysis on the photo.

ufc-182-jon-jones-and-daniel-cor.jpg

I never said DC is 5'8. I think he's like 5'9 1/2 or so or maybe he is even 5'10 but Rashad looks taller than you'd think against many guys because most guys are listed taller than they are while Rashad is legit 5'11 so of course he will look taller then expected if everyone else adds an inch.
I'm like 5'10 or 5'10 1/2 in the morning if anyone feels it's essential for whatever reason.
Cormier was also listed as 5'10 in Strikeforce and I think also in his UFC debut but I'm not sure so if an official height is right than it's that one.

Pettis is listed at 5'9 at Sherdog but I think the UFC lists him at 5'10 whatever
567c1434c50d11e3b6140002c993052e_8.jpg

Monson is most sometimes listed at 5'8 and sometimes at 5'9 so let's even give him the 5'9 if you want to

OT20110915095758603.jpg

PS I don't give a shit about the height discussion. I believe Jones will win and of course his size will help him but won't be the only reason he wins. i simply pointed out that Evans is most likely 1 or 2 inches taller and has longer arms with the latter even being true according to UFC stats (which also happened to have Carwin at 6'5, Couture at 6'2 and have Lombard at 5'10)

I never said DC is 5'8. I think he's like 5'9 1/2 or so or maybe he is even 5'10 but Rashad looks taller than you'd think against many guys because most guys are listed taller than they are while Rashad is legit 5'11 so of course he will look taller then expected if everyone else adds an inch.
I'm like 5'10 or 5'10 1/2 in the morning if anyone feels it's essential for whatever reason.
Cormier was also listed as 5'10 in Strikeforce and I think also in his UFC debut but I'm not sure so if an official height is right than it's that one.

Pettis is listed at 5'9 at Sherdog but I think the UFC lists him at 5'10 whatever
567c1434c50d11e3b6140002c993052e_8.jpg
DC is literally leaning forward, and his feet are spread out.

when you go to the doctor and they measure you they tell you to take your shoes off, put your feet together and straighten up for a reason..

i dont want to accuse anyone of being a troll, but dang dude

And Jon Jones wasn't able to rag doll / finish Rashad..

008_Jon_Jones_and_Rashad_Evans.jpg

368682JonJonesTheLionAwakes.jpg

not saying he didn't dominate that fight...

but this idea that Daniel Cormier is too short, or that he's going to get manhandled by Jon Jones is pretty fantastic. I'm not using MMA math here, I'm just using common sense. I think a lot of you are under the impression that DC is a midget when he's far from it.

I haven't seen many, if any posts saying Jones will 'manhandle' Cormier. If anything this place is full of threads saying the opposite, that jones has no hope in the grappling department and his only chance is to keep it at kicking distance

Last edited:
Relative to Jones height, Rashad looks much taller than DC. DC didn't come up that high on Jones face.

Back