Daniel Cormier actually isn't that short, he's the same height as Rashad Evans.

Reach is more important. DC reach - 72.5" Rashad reach - 75"

DC is literally leaning forward, and his feet are spread out.

when you go to the doctor and they measure you they tell you to take your shoes off, put your feet together and straighten up for a reason..

i dont want to accuse anyone of being a troll, but dang dude

Also, it's a known fact that Pettis lifts.

He's a little bit shorter. Rashad is 5'11 or at least legit 5'10 -5'11 Cormeir looks like he's 5'9 is some pics like when he was fighting 5'8 Monson and he looks shorter than Rashad next to Jones and he has shorter arms

DC isn't a midget he was just a midget at HW and is very short at LHW 5'9 is like the average height in the US

Monson is not 5'8 he is a good 5'9 or 5'9.5

I think DC is like 5'10.5 either rounded up or down depending.
I remember seeing him listed at 179cm ( 5'10.5 ) earlier in his career...
I think this is pretty accurate as I see JBJ being a strong 6'4 (maybe around 6'4.5" ) that's what he looked next to Travis Browne..

Also Olympic listings are accurate most of the time and don't "improve" heights..
DC was listed 5'10.5, Gatsalov 5'10, Romero 5'9 and Lombard (!) 5'6.5 (170cm) which is way more accurate to what he looks than 5'9 or 5'10...Ronda is listed 5'6.5, Lindland 5'11.5, Coleman 6'0.75 (185cm) and Cejudo 5'4.5 and I think all are bang on ( most of the weights are completely off though )

sources :

http://p1.storage.canalblog.com/19/58/1078407/83017238_p.jpg

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/co/daniel-cormier-1.html

Last edited:
Rashad has been called the tallest 5'11 guy ever and its true. He didnt look dwarfed by Davis at all.

rashad-evans-phil-davis.jpg

Davis is shorter than he's billed. He's about 6'1 with perfect posture.
davis-gustafsson-320x180.jpg

Yeah the Olympic stats are just as wrong Kurt Angle was listed at 6'2 at the Olympics and he said himself they gave everyone 2 inches extra in height and Kurt Angle is in reality 5'11 or 5'10

Olympics are not WWE, they had Angle at 5'10

source

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/an/kurt-angle-1.html

same source has DC at 5'11, Yoel at 5'9.5" and Lombard at 5'6.5" ( Which seems pretty accurate compared to how he looks )..

I must admit that I checked it after the presser because I was kinda shocked at DC's height next to JBJ and I knew this site is usually very accurate..
Was surprised to see him at 5'11, he certainly didn't looked it at the presser, but they were in shoes so who knows..
He didn't looked 5'9 next to BF either ( and they were barefoot )

Just for the record I have several friend who did the olympics and 95% of them were listed their exact height in centimeter or 1cm close, which I mostly attribute to the centimeter/inch conversion
That said I know a guy who is 6'0.5" and was listed 5'10.5 so it's not like they are errorproof

Last edited:
I haven't seen many, if any posts saying Jones will 'manhandle' Cormier. If anything this place is full of threads saying the opposite, that jones has no hope in the grappling department and his only chance is to keep it at kicking distance

Only the truly delusional think this will be an easy fight for either fighter. Short of a flash KO I see this going to a decision

Are people actually arguing over whether DC is 5'11 or 5'10. It's irrelevant in terms of this fight.

Are people actually arguing over whether DC is 5'11 or 5'10. It's irrelevant in terms of this fight.

Lol exactly, they aren't even looking at reach

I think that's mostly linked to the fact that most of us didn't expect Jones to tower over him as much as he did at the presser.
Everybody know an inch in height or even reach won't make the difference here considering at what disadvantage he is in those departments

I never said DC is 5'8. I think he's like 5'9 1/2 or so or maybe he is even 5'10 but Rashad looks taller than you'd think against many guys because most guys are listed taller than they are while Rashad is legit 5'11 so of course he will look taller then expected if everyone else adds an inch.
I'm like 5'10 or 5'10 1/2 in the morning if anyone feels it's essential for whatever reason.
Cormier was also listed as 5'10 in Strikeforce and I think also in his UFC debut but I'm not sure so if an official height is right than it's that one.

Pettis is listed at 5'9 at Sherdog but I think the UFC lists him at 5'10 whatever
567c1434c50d11e3b6140002c993052e_8.jpg

Monson is most sometimes listed at 5'8 and sometimes at 5'9 so let's even give him the 5'9 if you want to

OT20110915095758603.jpg

PS I don't give a shit about the height discussion. I believe Jones will win and of course his size will help him but won't be the only reason he wins. i simply pointed out that Evans is most likely 1 or 2 inches taller and has longer arms with the latter even being true according to UFC stats (which also happened to have Carwin at 6'5, Couture at 6'2 and have Lombard at 5'10)

Yeah its almost like when someone has a wider stance it makes them shorter. Rumor has it Cormiers nearly a foot shorter then Pettis when hes doing a split. Oh yeah and the Camera being closer to Pettis wouldnt make him look any bigger im sure. :rolleyes:

So yeah forgive me for not agreeing with your super scientific photo analysis.

So...if DC is about as tall as Shad....this won't end well for him.

Monson is not 5'8 he is a good 5'9 or 5'9.5

I think DC is like 5'10.5 either rounded up or down depending.
I remember seeing him listed at 179cm ( 5'10.5 ) earlier in his career...
I think this is pretty accurate as I see JBJ being a strong 6'4 (maybe around 6'4.5" ) that's what he looked next to Travis Browne..

Also Olympic listings are accurate most of the time and don't "improve" heights..
DC was listed 5'10.5, Gatsalov 5'10, Romero 5'9 and Lombard (!) 5'6.5 (170cm) which is way more accurate to what he looks than 5'9 or 5'10...Ronda is listed 5'6.5, Lindland 5'11.5, Coleman 6'0.75 (185cm) and Cejudo 5'4.5 and I think all are bang on ( most of the weights are completely off though )

sources :

http://p1.storage.canalblog.com/19/58/1078407/83017238_p.jpg

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/co/daniel-cormier-1.html

I have no idea hwo tall Monson really is I jsut know that he is always listed at 5'8 or 5'9 and that very very rarely fighters are listed shorter than they are.
Romero was listed at 6' in the UFC and in SF interesting that he's only 5'9 because I thought he was legit 5'10 even if he wasn't 6'.
Lomabr dis even shorter than the 5'8 he's listed which is also surprising to me I thought he was legit 5'8 or 5'8.5.

Ok they had Kurt ANgle at 5'11 at the Olympics so you were closer than me allthough still a inch off allthough 1 inch isn't really a difference to speak of. Source:

I have no idea hwo tall Monson really is I jsut know that he is always listed at 5'8 or 5'9 and that very very rarely fighters are listed shorter than they are.
Romero was listed at 6' in the UFC and in SF interesting that he's only 5'9 because I thought he was legit 5'10 even if he wasn't 6'.
Lomabr dis even shorter than the 5'8 he's listed which is also surprising to me I thought he was legit 5'8 or 5'8.5.

Ok they had Kurt ANgle at 5'11 at the Olympics so you were closer than me allthough still a inch off allthough 1 inch isn't really a difference to speak of. Source:

No problem man like you said 1 inch is nothing, difference could be standing tall or relaxed, or simply conversion ( as 180cm = 5'10.75 )

Concerning Yoel I think he maybe 177cm which is 5'9.5 but he must not be over that..which concurrs if you consider UFC usually boosts the average fighter height by about 1' ( aside from obvious exaggerations like Lombard, Ellenberger or Carwin )

Back