• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana: Wonderboy turned down Garry fight

Is he lying?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

Now we know Danas history but whether hes lying or fabricating things like usual he is clearly fed up with Wonderboy. Stephen said hes not fighting grapplers, has PUBLICLY ducked fighters like Shavkat and now wont fight a striker too? This wont end well after Michel Pereira fallout too. I think we're gonna see Wonderboy removed from rankings soon.

Now we know Danas history but whether hes lying or fabricating things like usual he is clearly fed up with Wonderboy. Stephen said hes not fighting grapplers, has PUBLICLY ducked fighters like Shavkat and now wont fight a striker too? This wont end well after Michel Pereira fallout too. I think we're gonna see Wonderboy removed from rankings soon.

Garry is a black belt with medals in Judo. He's not going to strike with Wonderboy. Thompson is smart to turn down this fight because honestly it's a trap.

I call BS.

If Thompson had fought and won a decision against Michel, we'd be hearing something like "we don't make fights the night of the ppv, u guys!", just like we always do. I think he's absolutely lying through his teeth, and getting ready to feed Thompson to a wrestler after fucking with the program. I didn't think he would, but that answer was mad sus. Thompson would love a matchup like Garry and I don't see why he'd turn it down.

The closest version of the truth is something like this: Dana offered him a fight against Garry immediately, and at a date way too soon, maybe the shallow australia card, trying for a fast turnaround for Garry who is uninjured and building steam quickly now.

This at least forms the kernel of truth that can be manipulated in order to claim "thompson doesn't want the fight", setting the precedent for him to be promptly fed to Rinat if he beats Eizeau Dos Santos

Damn Dana went from never booking fights the night of an event to calling wonderboy to fight within 1 minute of a callout.
Yeah, it seems fishy. Wonderboy even mentioned Ian Garry in his most recent interview with Ariel as a name he'd be open to fighting. I'm thinking he might be on Dana's bad side after refusing to fight an overweight Michel Pereira and then publicizing that he wasn't paid. So now he's getting the "this guy doesn't wanna fight" treatment.

Yea, watching post fight and he also said he wants Ian on the November card, so maybe Wonderboy said nothing, maybe he said no to the date, maybe Wonderboy said he wont fight until he will get paid from the fall out.

Wonderboy has been pretty explicit about wanting to fight strikers. I can't see him turning down a striker with a ton of momentum behind him.
Garry occupies a weird spot . Only jas name recognition to mma fans and nothing to casuals so its a lose lose for wonderboy

Back