Dana White thinks Jon Jones should 'embrace' being the bad guy

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dana White thinks that Jon Jones should accept the "bad guy" role with his fight with Daniel Cormier.

"I think he should embrace it," said White (when interviewed on FOX Sports Live on Tuesday). "He kind of comes off like the bad guy in this thing. All the stuff that happened behind the scenes, when they were doing the interviews after the fight in the MGM lobby, Jones was 100 percent the bad guy."

So what does Jones think? He is starting to agree with White.

"I've been pretty resistant," Jones said. "No one wants to be the bad guy. But at the same time, people tag me to be the bad guy. I've learned to just let go.

"I do try to carry my image in a certain light, because I think it's important for the people I inspire and for endorsements. But at the same time, this is who I am. I will swear. I will tell a guy who told me he would spit in my face that I would kill him. I would call him the names I called him."

Your thoughts?

100% Agreed.

Jones is a thug. An animal. And a fearsome persona with a ferocious style of fighting.

Embrace what you are, and make no apologies for it. People will abhor you for it, and cheer for your demise. But they will always tune in to watch you.

Nobody likes his personality anyway and he'd probably make more money if he did embrace it, so why not.

Rather see him stay the way he is now and watch people cry about him.

lol its too late, now his badboy image will come off as fake too, catch 22.

Even the bad guy needs to be authentic for it to work.

No one cares about a fake bad guy (or a fake good guy)

Embrace it and don't fake the funk....people respect real

Jones isn't really the problem here.

The problem is that for some reason people need a binary label for him.

This just in...Sports fans are divided about an athlete, some loving him and other hating him!...news at 11

jones needs to stop being a fake phony champion and embrace the asshole that he really is.

JBJ heel turn coming 2015!

Inferiors often think in binary terms.

That's why you always see ''x is going to absolutely kill y'', instead of '' x is likely going to beat y''.

He should come to the Octagon each fight with like 3 strippers.

Dana White wants what's best for the UFC. he'd ask Jones to be a kangaroo if it would guarantee boosted PPV numbers...

he's not a bad guy, he just doesn't know the best way to handle things sometimes. A lot of people would fight if they were pushed in the neck, he just didn't process it the right way to understand that wasn't the place for it, but now sees it was foolish. And I would want to kill someone for spitting in my face, and when Jones said that it was just trash talk. A bad guy wouldn't admit faults the way Jones does, nor would a bad guy chase a purse snatcher down. People get too caught up in the fake thing, without realizing everybody acts different in different scenarios. Would you talk on camera the way you talk around your friends (or enemies) sometimes?

This just in...Sports fans are divided about an athlete, some loving him and other hating him!...news at 11

This just in ... That's fucking stupid when you really think about it!

Back