Dana White thinks Jon Jones should 'embrace' being the bad guy

I feel the same way about Jones as I did about The Rock-- liked him as a good guy, but absolutely LOVE him as a bad guy

Why does somebody always have to be a "heel"? Ward / Gatti, neither a heel, best trilogy in boxing. Both fighters had their fans, but neither fighter felt the need to be a dick.

He's not really the bad guy. More like the awkward guy.

He was raised to be a fake Christian by his pastor father and mother. So he'll probably never fully embrace the role. We'll probably just continue to see little bits and pieces of his real personality emerge and lots of self serving hypocrisy. But whatever, I just want to see the guy fight, don't really care about his personality all that much. It'd be cool if he was a cooler guy, but I don't really hate the guy either.

I am not about anyone being something they are not. Jones just being himself has enough people disliking him. Leave heel crap to pro wrestling. If someone comes in and is a legit bad guy then let it be. I don't care to see anyone forcing the issue to be that bad guy.

Rousey is a heel naturally, but thinks she has to pretend and makes a mockery of the whole marketing gimmick. I don't know how she has any fans at all. "I'm acting like this because I'm playing a heel." Ok. this isn't the WWF and even they weren't dumb enough to tell people that.

It would be good for him. He would probably lose all of those strange social habits if he just got real.

jones needs to stop being a fake phony champion and embrace the asshole that he really is.

JBJ heel turn coming 2015!

I don't think he is an asshole. Growing up with 2 brothers, you tend to be a certain way... I just think if someone says they are going to spit in your face, he has every right to say what he did... I know I would...I'd probably say much worse.

I don't think he is an asshole. Growing up with 2 brothers, you tend to be a certain way... I just think if someone says they are going to spit in your face, he has every right to say what he did... I know I would...I'd probably say much worse.

"Hey pussy, u there?" -Jon Jones

"I just kicked your ass at the press conference, everyone is saying how strong you are but man, you are WEAK" -Jon Jones

Last edited:
you must be crazy and sick to compete in this sport and thats why i knew from start that jon jones is fake and pretender and hypocrite

as a fighter, he is one of the best ever, but i hate his personality

someone said, he is and animal, thug.... yes he is... but he is trying too hard to sell himself like he is moral person , ,devout christian what so ever

Inferiors often think in binary terms.

That's why you always see ''x is going to absolutely kill y'', instead of '' x is likely going to beat y''.
Actually, the people who get their jimmies rustled when someone speaks in absolutes regarding a sporting event are the inferiors.

I know it isn't good for his career or the UFC, but I'd prefer if he just didn't speak. Walk into the octagon and smash his opponents and walk out. Every time he tries to go good or bad it just comes out wrong. Now there too many examples on both sides to commit to one side fully. Just stop talking and answer post press conference questions with the least amount of words possible.

maybe he could be like Tito. he needs a "trilogy" type rival

This just in ... That's fucking stupid when you really think about it!

It's stupid to like some athletes and dislike others? Huh, sports fans throughout history have been doing it totally wrong then. Also, why choose a team to root for, right? Or prefer one type of beverage over another? Fuck it, let's all just conform to the same ideas and tastes. The world would be way better that way, right?

Doesn't matter

he isn't going to be some sort of Floyd Mayweather being the bad guy, he was always the fake guy, just some idiots couldn't see it till now which is quite embarrassing

I hate Jones the saint. I embrace Jones the heel. Don't try to be something your not.

Jones says he is a christian.. Though none of us make good decisions all the time, he definitely makes his fair share of dumb ones (not condemning him, just saying).
Just cuz your a christian don't mean you can't do your job, act, etc.. It'd be like a hollywood actor always having to be "the good guy", or a pro wrestler to always have to be a face, but in this case, a real sport where people and kids look up to you, kind of got to be careful of playing the heel.
Says nowhere in the bible to embrace hate, anger, being a jerk, being the bad guy, etc. Says for us to "be the light", to show off good moral character, etc. Again, I understand guys like Ali, Mayweather, etc over the years making $ from playing the heel (I know as crazy as Mayweather he is - the man does give to various charities, gives back to people, and though annoying he has some of a heart apparently), but hard to represent your God while trying to make people believe your a bad person just to sell tickets.
Guys that represent/ talk about there faith have shown that somebody can do that and sell tickets, be successful, be in the spotlight, etc. Guys like Pac, various NFL players (tons of people still love Tebow and havent even got to see him play for years), etc.

Up to Jones though as how he wants people to perceive him, but I think Dana would be the last guy I'd let tell me how I should act. These guys get payed to fight, not payed to act (guess he needs more pro wrestlers if he wants professional actors instead).

Back