• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White sympathisers…

Hearing all these promoters turn him away is discouraging. I know the idea of being "free" and having options but it's starting to sound like a "you" problem

I want to see him fight as badly as you do but over time, health and age it seems he's pricing himself out

Somewhere out there, Ngannou is online right now creating a thread about you and how much he gives af about your paycheque!

He rolled the dice and hopefully it pays off for him

Clearly missed the point of the OP. I was discussing principles not paycheques.

Dana_White_Slaps_His_Wife.gif
Think about how much SHE got paid though..... these fighters take harder shots for far less.

Down with capitalism! We need a communist fight league..... aaaarrrrrrrrgh!!!

Pic of TS (aka @Darius0995 ) when Ngannou turned down the UFC's offer.....
no-nooo.gif

Edit: And now has dick to show for it... perhaps PFL has some thing for him as every other worthwhile endeavor has said he is asking for more than he's worth...

Last edited:
Has he been signed to ANY other fights since officially leaving the UFC?

If the answer is no, then it was a bad decision.
Lol, with criteria this simplistic, you'll understand if other ppl demonstrate a longer-range, more measured view than you, I presume?

If you really believe he left UFC for the fighters healthcare etc you sir are a fucking moron.

It was money and the ability to box while still under contract. Anything else was a PR bs move to make it seem honorable

Everyone wants that boxer money. Seeing Conor get outclassed by an old Mayweather really got to everyone's minds. And no YouTube influencer will fight Francis for anything more than UFC was offering him
Do you want to see Ngannou fight a top boxer?

Im not angry because he stood up to the goof. I'm absolutely baffled by the way he fucked things up not only for himself but fellow fighters who had the same ambitions as him. The only guy that will come out looking like absolute buffoon is Francis Ngannou while Dana has successfully proved a point that bad things will happen to those who try to cross him. That is if Francis somehow ends up getting paid less than the ufc was willing to pay him.

One thing that is clear is that you can never trust Tyson Fury. The guy probably forgot about Francis the next day they had that confrontation.
Francis went through a lot in life and learned a lot.

One unfortunate thing is that he didn't learn to never trust a Gypsy.

If you really believe he left UFC for the fighters healthcare etc you sir are a fucking moron.

It was money and the ability to box while still under contract. Anything else was a PR bs move to make it seem honorable
It was NOT the money and Francis said this. It would be fucking moronic to promote this inaccuracy.

The ability to box, or be free to make his own decision falls under "principles". TS said he left over principles.

You are agreeing with him but phrasing it as disagreement.

Lol, with criteria this simplistic, you'll understand if other ppl demonstrate a longer-range, more measured view than you, I presume?
Go back to where my original post said "so far."

Yeah, that’s a good point. At this moment in time, this isn’t setting a good precedent for other fighters considering their options.
And Rome wasn't built in a day. Man is doing something unprecedented - it may take time. It may even fail! But let him do it!

Rumble young man, rumble!

Go back to where my original post said "so far."
I already quoted you and defended you on that post - you can't get paid twice, brother.

In this response I was only considering the post I was responding to. Nothing personal - but we're all accountable for our words.

Great Avy btw.

Well, he said "so far" and it's pretty clear that "so far" Francis hasn't landed any deal that brightens his future.

But, what value is "so far"? Is Francis on somebody else's clock? We'll know a year or two from now if FRANCIS is still happy with his decision, and that's all that matters.

These guys are whining cos MMA fans love drama. When he makes his next move, they'll be just as human and criticize it. But as long as FRANCIS remains happy with his decisions, man is winning!

How is saying Francis made a bad decision "whining?" Jumping through your monitor to defend him and calling Dana the villain sounds a lot more like whining to me. We know from a monetary standpoint that the offer the UFC gave him was a good one.

Francis said there were three items that they couldn't meet on:
1. The right to have his own sponsors. - I get the UFC not wanting to meet him all the way on this one, but I feel like they could have met somewhere in the middle with the UFC working to obtain sponsorships for him that stayed within their guidelines. Allowing full sponsorship rights here is going to cause every manager in the business to pick up their phones and start bargaining for their fighters. I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the uniforms over the condom depot days.

2. Health Insurance. - I'm not sure why they couldn't work something out here, but they definitely should have. Many fighters have come out and said they get health insurance from the UFC, and others have said they pay for their own at like $600/month.

3. A fighter advocate. - This is not something that should be provided by the UFC as there would be an obvious conflict of interest. I'm not sure what Francis expected here, but for most fighters, their fighter advocate is their manager.

Since leaving the UFC, two (if not more) different orgs have already commented on how hard Francis is to work with and said they are no longer interested in negotiating with him. This lines up accurately with what Dana has been saying about him. Dana hasn't been this vocal about not working with someone since Randy Couture. The UFC even let him out of his contract early and turned down their right to match offers.

I think you got TS backwards.

He's CHAMPIONING Francis turning down the UFC.

Half of you guys just don't understand what you're reading. TS might be too smart/advanced for Sherdog, lol.
your right some of my response got cut... fixed... I said the same thing (More or Less) yesterday minus the Gif

How is saying Francis made a bad decision "whining?" Jumping through your monitor to defend him and calling Dana the villain sounds a lot more like whining to me. We know from a monetary standpoint that the offer the UFC gave him was a good one.

Francis said there were three items that they couldn't meet on:
1. The right to have his own sponsors. - I get the UFC not wanting to meet him all the way on this one, but I feel like they could have met somewhere in the middle with the UFC working to obtain sponsorships for him that stayed within their guidelines. Allowing full sponsorship rights here is going to cause every manager in the business to pick up their phones and start bargaining for their fighters. I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the uniforms over the condom depot days.

2. Health Insurance. - I'm not sure why they couldn't work something out here, but they definitely should have. Many fighters have come out and said they get health insurance from the UFC, and others have said they pay for their own at like $600/month.

3. A fighter advocate. - This is not something that should be provided by the UFC as there would be an obvious conflict of interest. I'm not sure what Francis expected here, but for most fighters, their fighter advocate is their manager.

Since leaving the UFC, two (if not more) different orgs have already commented on how hard Francis is to work with and said they are no longer interested in negotiating with him. This lines up accurately with what Dana has been saying about him. Dana hasn't been this vocal about not working with someone since Randy Couture. The UFC even let him out of his contract early and turned down their right to match offers.

I think it's whining because it's expressing sour feelings about another man's money while not even giving his business time to conclude.

If, next week, he announces he signed a 12m per fight deal, will these posters stand by their words that he shot himself in the foot? If not, I'd say they are temporary whinings, not real analysis of his decision or how it will work out for him.

But we can disagree on this. To me, it's whining.

As for Francis being hard to negotiate with, I knew that when he turned down 8mil per fight! Let him be hard to negotiate with - let's see if it works out for him in the end. And if not, let's see if he's still happy with his decision. If he is, he's winning. We can't know if it's a bad decision for him unless we're in his shoes. All we can know is if HE thinks it's a bad decision for him. If he's happy with his choice in 5 yrs, man won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back