Dana White should take the hint and market Stephen Thompson more.

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
To a lot of people, Wonderboy's demolishing of Hendricks was his breakthrough fight. He made a lot of fans last night, and rightfully so. Furthermore, the dude is highly marketable and can become a star.

If only a fraction of the budget allocated to hype Paige Van Derp and Herp Northcutt would be used to market Stephen Thompson, UFC might have its new golden goose at WW.

If he ends up winning the title, Thompson vs GSP would be one of the most anticipated and hyped fights ever.

As seen in the Reebok / Benson Henderson threads, there's a possibility that UFC employees / marketing people actually post in here. Use your shilling for a good purpose and convey this message to your bosses.

Cheerio

Baldfather is a fuck at his job, he is self-conscious and personalizes everything. Instead of showcasing the monster werdum was after he took the title, he acted mad that cain lost. This is not the calculated businessman we would like, he has favorites and apparently Wonderboy isn't one of them yet.

But ya, i would love this. An insane striker cleans former champs clock like that, make him a star UFC.

To bad it didn't stay the co-main. Imagine all the casuals at Bdubs seeing that happen.

If you think about it, Thompson is like an older Sage, less built but better ground game, similar obsession with God, eager to fight and Karate backgrounds. Also lack of blond hair but still.

To a lot of people, Wonderboy's demolishing of Hendricks was his breakthrough fight. He made a lot of fans last night, and rightfully so. Furthermore, the dude is highly marketable and can become a star.

If only a fraction of the budget allocated to hype Paige Van Derp and Herp Northcutt would be used to market Stephen Thompson, UFC might have its new golden goose at WW.

If he ends up winning the title, Thompson vs GSP would be one of the most anticipated and hyped fights ever.

As seen in the Reebok / Benson Henderson threads, there's a possibility that UFC employees / marketing people actually post in here. Use your shilling for a good purpose and convey this message to your bosses.

Cheerio
Wonderboy's a Christian...

DW hates that.

UFC's marketing team are a joke. Why does Sage get the red carpet but Wonderboy, who is pretty much another version of Sage, but with more experience, get the side chick treatment? I don't get it.

Dana White is paid too much. If he was paid 2k/2k for every event he'd be working harder.

If you think about it, Thompson is like an older Sage, less built but better ground game, similar obsession with God, eager to fight and Karate backgrounds. Also lack of blond hair but still.
Wonderboy is better looking.

I don't know much about MMA, but that Wonder Boy kid is good. He controls distance well, and really was accurate. Does he not get any promotion?

I don't know much about MMA, but that Wonder Boy kid is good. He controls distance well, and really was accurate. Does he not get any promotion?
this was his second main event in a row... what more promotion can you get?

He's the man. The fucking man!!

As seen in the Reebok / Benson Henderson threads, there's a possibility that UFC employees / marketing people actually post in here.

Cheerio
wat

and as regarding to the gsp fight, they trained together for a lot of gsp's fights, i believe

Cheerio

Of course Dana white will market him. He fights the Murica profile.

I completely agree but people were calling him a boring point fighter not too long ago.

A fighter is only as good as his last fight. And Thompson's last fight was pretty fucking good :p

Cheerio

I made a similar thread about Michelle Waterson. The general consensus is Dana White has no clue when it comes to who to promote.

Instead of marketable, talented, experienced, proven fighters like Wonderboy, Dana seems to only look at the "marketable and potentially talented" parts.

It also helps if you are blonde and white. Although fake Mexicans can get some push too.

UFC's marketing team are a joke. Why does Sage get the red carpet but Wonderboy, who is pretty much another version of Sage, but with more experience, get the side chick treatment? I don't get it.

The UFC can't market anything and considering he's called a promoter Dana is terrible at promoting. Basically Sage got promoted because the internet gave him a hype train, Conor has pretty much run his own marketing same as GSP while they've done nothing for Mighty Mouse, RDA or Werdum. The only one they did anything with was Rousey.

Red carpet? Wonderboy has main-evented two events, Sage has not.

Back