Dana White should take the hint and market Stephen Thompson more.

You just said that the guy got a lot of fans last night. Yet you want the UFC to have been promoted in the past due to what he did yesterday? Okay, Sunday morning promoter.

Dana knows fans like a stand up ko fighter. It's jumping the hype train to soon that's been killing them. Let him come into his own. WB is a stud.

Um.

The fact that Dana even gave him a fight against the number 2 guy when he doesn't even have any top 5 wins should probably tell you that he's trying to give him a push.

UFC's marketing team are a joke. Why does Sage get the red carpet but Wonderboy, who is pretty much another version of Sage, but with more experience, get the side chick treatment? I don't get it.

I wonder if some of it has to do with how much power Dana thinks he has over them?

We know he loved Ronda because she was completely under his control. Maybe he feels Wonderboy is a little to independent.

Its really up for Wonderboy to do some of his own marketing. He had a shot last night in his post fight. He should have said something controversial like Johny's chin is soft just like he knew it would be. Just a little statement like that is all the marketing the kid needs. The UFC is putting him in positions but it's up to him to follow through.

I was thinking about this earlier. He's only got like 20k followers on twitter and is barely marketed. He's got the look, talent and so much more than that. Pay the man, Dana.

Its really up for Wonderboy to do some of his own marketing. He had a shot last night in his post fight. He should have said something controversial like Johny's chin is soft just like he knew it would be. Just a little statement like that is all the marketing the kid needs. The UFC is putting him in positions but it's up to him to follow through.
Yep. The UFC can only do so much. I remember promoting them MM and Aldo as #1 p4p, but due to their lack of participatio, they didn't catch fire.

Red carpet? Wonderboy has main-evented two events, Sage has not.
Who's been promoted more? Who's had more interviews? Who's been on more embeddeds, and more importantly, who gets paid more? Last time I checked Wonderboy was 21/21.

I was thinking about this earlier. He's only got like 20k followers on twitter and is barely marketed. He's got the look, talent and so much more than that. Pay the man, Dana.
If you've only got 20,000 followers, that's your fault.

Yep. The UFC can only do so much. I remember promoting them MM and Aldo as #1 p4p, but due to their lack of participatio, they didn't catch fire.
Chael showed everyone what you got to do. You got to make casuals want to see you. It's not WWE but you to make money in this game you have to talk a little shit.

Baldfather is a fuck at his job, he is self-conscious and personalizes everything. Instead of showcasing the monster werdum was after he took the title, he acted mad that cain lost. This is not the calculated businessman we would like, he has favorites and apparently Wonderboy isn't one of them yet.

Only on Sherdog a fighter is only as good as his last fight.

In the Werdum/Cain example, it was definitely not the same Cain we have seen before. I am talking about Cain who has cardio to land hundreds of strikes for 5 rounds straight. Even though we might never see that Cain again, it is reasonable to give a dominant ex-champ a benefit of a doubt. It is less professional to scream how the new champion is the best p4p ever sometimes even before any title defenses.

Chael showed everyone what you got to do. You got to make casuals want to see you. It's not WWE but you to make money in this game you have to talk a little shit.
It's ONE way, but not the only way as evidenced by GSP, Liddell and Hughes- three different personalities with three different approaches.

It's ONE way, but not the only way as evidenced by GSP, Liddell and Hughes- three different personalities with three different approaches.
True. I still can't forget GSP's I'm not impressed by your performance. Liddell sold his fight with Tito very well. A little smack talk but Chuck was the most popular fighter in the UFC besides Tito at the time. Chuck is a national treasure. Hughes did sell his fights based on skill alone.

Not polarizing enough a figure, or gay enough looking to make a sherdoggers balls tingle (see sage fans)

He should try marketing his champions while he's at it.

He's a far better fighter than Sage everywhere, is arguably best striker in MMA with ridiculous knockouts and technical skill, crowd pleasing style, much more charismatic/personable than sage and better looking plus showed an incredible amount of heart as well in the Brown fight

this was his second main event in a row... what more promotion can you get?
Yeah they're definitely seeing his potential. 2 main events in a row(one against the ex champ that some people still believe should have the belt). And I would expect a title shot is on the way. Seems like plenty of exposure to me.

Back