Dana white shopping for some swords

Dana probably blows more cash on the weekend than most fighters make in their whole career lol.

It's not a good thing to buy ancient family heirlooms illegally looted from the corpses of dead Japanese soldiers.

Seriously immoral shit.

dana-white-sword-ufc.jpg

He can keep undercutting fighter pay..

He should be shopping for hair and a diet. Seriously, guy is looking like a pig.

He just wants to perfect the art of sword swallowing for when Conor calls him back about fighting.
DirtyFriendlyFritillarybutterfly-mobile.jpg

It's not a good thing to buy ancient family heirlooms illegally looted from the corpses of dead Japanese soldiers.

Seriously immoral shit.
Considering that the Japanese have such a hard time getting around to admitting any guilt and paying compensation, its well deserved. Heck maybe Dana would even spray paint some of the swords to color match them with his other wall hangers since he doesn't know or care jack all about history and weaponry.

Seriously immoral shit.
Japanese empire enslaved a big part of east and south east asia during WW2. Not to mention their treatment of Aussie and NZ POW's. Their atrocities are well documented.
Who gives a shit about some looted swords.

Seriously immoral shit.

In what world is it illegal to pick up weapons from a battlefield .

Those shows don't even try to look real anymore

Seriously immoral shit.

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic.

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic.
Nah.

I wrote this in the other thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dana-white-on-pawn-stars-full-clip.3706423/

Those swords were in families for centuries, something considered to be worth way more than money, and they were passed down through generations of warrior after warrior - even if the owner was defeated Japanese honor said that the sword should be returned to the family. Obviously this was only a code amongst warriors, but when the war came, an enormous amount of swords went to the soldiers that were fighting in it... When they were killed, the Americans looted their bodies for personal gain, a war crime forbidden by the Geneva Convention, and took thousands of swords back to America as souvenirs, largely unaware of either their significance, or value... Most of these swords ended up in the hands of collectors and art dealers, who are now selling them for up to millions to the rich and famous.

There is a charity in Japan that buys these swords from the collectors to return to the families they were stolen from... A lot of shame was brought to families that lost their swords, a lot of suicides, a lot of stigma that still brings shame to families today...

For us they're just cool things to have in your house, to the Japanese they were stolen from, it's their entire family history which is traceable through the various trinkets, inscriptions and decorations on many of them... And now centuries of tradition are lost, and the only people that benefit are rich wankers like Dana, and scumbag 2nd hand dealers whosell the spoils of war crime which still cause people direct pain to this day.

I didn't verbalise my first statement in this thread very well... I'm hungover. I went way more detail the other day, it's a very particular issue, unlike theft of artifacts, as the loss of the swords directly affects individuals to this day.

Back