Rumored Dana White Says UFC 244 Trending As Biggest Event Of The Year - Diaz Biggest Star

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
B0T2Vza.gif

Nate is more popular than Khabib.
Not even close. UFC 242 had massive viewership numbers in the millions, but the actual gate was definitely smaller due to a smaller arena. With UFC242, UFC were focusing on the broadcasting rights payment model, not PPV. For this event, there are several statistics that might potentially be better than in the case of UFC242: gate due to a larger arena and possibly the number of PPVs sold, but the viewership numbers will not even come close and we don't know the actual profit UFC generated for either event.

TL;DR: when Dana says that this event is "bigger", he's not actually lying, he's most likely using a different set of stats to judge how "big" the event is.

- Says he thought it'd be one of the biggest of 2019, turns out its THE biggest of the year
- Says its the biggest event they've ever done with ESPN ever

Could be Dana throwing out lies so the event seems bigger than it really is, but there's not much of a reason to think he's lying. To put into perspective what that means, we've had several pretty big cards this year.

1. UFC 235 in March
ufc-235-predictions-03-02-19.jpg

$4,000,000 gate - 650,000 PPV buys (Old model)

2. UFC 239 in July
UFC239.png

$6,000,000 gate PPV Buys unknown because of ESPN+

3. UFC 241 in August
View attachment 671099
$3,200,000 gate PPV buys unknown

4. UFC 242 in September
View attachment 671101
PPV buys & Gate unknown. Happened in what seemed to be a 5,000 seat capacity arena.

If this event is really out-doing cards headlined by Jon Jones, Stipe / DC, and Khabib, does this mean...
Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

Nate Diaz is currently the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC behind Conor? Jorge blew up recently but I think it's fair to say Nate is definitely the A-side. He made the belt happen as well.

Nate is a pretty big draw in US, but worldwide i don't think he's above Khabib

- Says he thought it'd be one of the biggest of 2019, turns out its THE biggest of the year

Could be Dana throwing out lies so the event seems bigger than it really is, but there's not much of a reason to think he's lying. To put into perspective what that means, we've had several pretty big cards this year.

1. UFC 235 in March

2. UFC 239 in July
UFC239.png

3. UFC 241 in August
View attachment 671099

4. UFC 242 in September
View attachment 671101
PPV buys & Gate unknown. Happened in what seemed to be a 5,000 seat capacity arena.

If this event is really out-doing cards headlined by Jon Jones, Stipe / DC, and Khabib, does this mean...

Nate Diaz is currently the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC behind Conor? Jorge blew up recently but I think it's fair to say Nate is definitely the A-side. He made the belt happen as well.

it’s a great match up for the ufc. I can’t see this playing out anyway short of a DQ and not only bringing a ton of hype for this fight, but creating several fights as a result of this one that will be big. its a huge card. Last night on this forum felt like a fight night it was so active, which isn’t a tel tale sign, but usually means there’s a big crowd for this one.

This main event draws more then if Khabib/Poirier was the main event

Debatable

I put my dick on guillotine, that if Khabib challenged the winner it would do way more than this fight

Khabib v Conor would also draw way more than Conor v Nate/mas

Also khabib v Tony would draw much more than any fight that Nate/jorge could have bar Conor

Honestly Conor is still number one, but Khabib is number 2 draw

Love watching the know-it-alls bicker over 242 vs 244 for no fucking reason.

The UFC have done an excellent job. Till and Diaz attract the casuals.

Not even close. UFC 242 had massive viewership numbers in the millions, but the actual gate was definitely smaller due to a smaller arena. With UFC242, UFC were focusing on the broadcasting rights payment model, not PPV. For this event, there are several statistics that might potentially be better than in the case of UFC242: gate due to a larger arena and possibly the number of PPVs sold, but the viewership numbers will not even come close and we don't know the actual profit UFC generated for either event.

TL;DR: when Dana says that this event is "bigger", he's not actually lying, he's most likely using a different set of stats to judge how "big" the event is.
What were the viewership figures for UFC 242?

1. UFC 235 in March

2. UFC 239 in July
UFC239.png

3. UFC 241 in August
View attachment 671099

4. UFC 242 in September
View attachment 671101

Dana says this about every event. The events are doing so well now that he refuses to release the numbers (he stopped releasing PPV numbers because they are doing so well?). ESPN model is different but PPV numbers seem to be in the tank. I'm not worried about Dana, he's not starving.

When they gave Nate everything he wanted after his return (opponent he wanted, fight card he wanted, BMF belt he wanted) I knew he must have done numbers

qYYN8q.gif

Runs the UFC

The UFC have a huge hard on the NYC.
They also may wanna say it's huge because the UFC president has a hard on for the USA president.

Khabib is clearly a bigger draw than Nate

his fight with Conor did more

and there were reports of Khabib/Poirier doing MASSIVE numbers (there were 26 million viewers from Russia alone) but nothing really confirmed. And that card had absolutely no draws beside Khabib/Poirier it was completely carried by that fight alone, no depth
If Nate wins n fights Conor the 3rd fight would out do the Kabib fight of they were still on ppv.. that said Beeb is more popular worldwide but I would say Nate currently bigger than Beeb in US if he wins

When my nephew calls me to ask if I'm ordering a fight, then I know it's a big fight....

My nephew called me this morning.

Agreed. Everyone who isn’t even into mma is talking about it it seems.

Uncle Dana will never live down that "not a needle mover" comment.

And let us never forget.

If you see darn adds for canelo fight there are a lot of negative ass comments. Looking bad on that side.

Back