Rumored Dana White Says UFC 244 Trending As Biggest Event Of The Year - Diaz Biggest Star

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Is it me or is everything he says just a negotiating tactic against Conor?

I mean most casuals appreciate Conor.... so you're right.
Where are these imaginary Conor fans? With his recent legal troubles and embarrassing loss to Khabib, there aren't many around. Not just here, either. Anyone who used to like Conor doesn't give a fuck about him anymore

Where are these imaginary Conor fans? With his recent legal troubles and embarrassing loss to Khabib, there aren't many around. Not just here, either. Anyone who used to like Conor doesn't give a fuck about him anymore

You haven’t been here very long have you ? he’s one win away from being the most talked about fighter on this forum . all his fans are just hiding out because their shit posts about him do nothing when he’s coming off that embarrassing loss and all the legal troubles

It's the biggest GATE of the year - and that's based on the venue more than anything.

Calm down folks lol

You haven’t been here very long have you ? he’s one win away from being the most talked about fighter on this forum . all his fans are just hiding out because their shit posts about him do nothing when he’s coming off that embarrassing loss and all the legal troubles
That may have been true 3 years ago. But the only talk about Conor these days is negative. No one is really still on that train. No need to be defensive against an imaginary opponent

I agree with dana. I knew this for the last 2-3 weeks.

I was convinced by youtube. I have never seen a UFC event with so many fan-promos like UFC 244

- Says he thought it'd be one of the biggest of 2019, turns out its THE biggest of the year
- Says its the biggest event they've ever done with ESPN ever

Could be Dana throwing out lies so the event seems bigger than it really is, but there's not much of a reason to think he's lying. To put into perspective what that means, we've had several pretty big cards this year.

1. UFC 235 in March
ufc-235-predictions-03-02-19.jpg

$4,000,000 gate - 650,000 PPV buys (Old model)

2. UFC 239 in July
UFC239.png

$6,000,000 gate PPV Buys unknown because of ESPN+

3. UFC 241 in August
View attachment 671099
$3,200,000 gate PPV buys unknown

4. UFC 242 in September
View attachment 671101
PPV buys & Gate unknown. Happened in what seemed to be a 5,000 seat capacity arena.

If this event is really out-doing cards headlined by Jon Jones, Stipe / DC, and Khabib, does this mean...
Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

Nate Diaz is currently the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC behind Conor? Jorge blew up recently but I think it's fair to say Nate is definitely the A-side. He made the belt happen as well.

It's definitely Nate and Khabib right now. Conor would be number 1 but I wouldn't consider him an active part of the roster

To be fair, it's a pretty stacked card.

But Nate is a legit draw.

Yeah, because Trump is going. People Google that.

People are severely underestimating Jorge's drawing power due to the Askren KO.

That shit was shown everywhere, on major sports platforms around the world. Jorge was also the primary person hyping the fight from a media perspective......constantly doing interviews and self-promoting.

Why do you guys get so worked up about who is a bigger draw hahahaha. Connor,khabib, nate, jones and Cormier can draw. Lots of other guys can draw with a good matchup as well. Why is it a competition between ya'll?

I'm a fan of Conor as a fighter. Lose respect for him as a person time and again. Stopped caring completely when he attacked the ref in Bellator.

Back