• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White says Jon Jones asked him for what Deontay Wilder was making. About $30mil

That Jones/Ngannou episode says otherwise

Dana put Jon on blast for trying to price himself out of the fight. Jon got embarrassed and made Dana sound like a tight ass. Jon has been getting paid peanuts for years and will continue to get paid peanuts until he retires. 5 million is dogshit.

Obviously it doesn't make sense because the ufc doesnt pay anybody that, but isnt jon actually more famous than wilder? Maybe he should be getting more money but then so should everyone in the ufc

Jones is arguably the GOAT MMA fighter, not that anyone deserves that kind of money, but if that is the going rate in combat sports then why the hell shouldn't he get paid that much or ask for the amount?

These guys a seriously undervalued compared to other athletes.

Edit: On the other hand if the numbers arent there they aint there. Seems like jones just isnt a draw anymore, BUT that is 100% the UFCs fault. They are responsible for promotion, bet you someone like that big haired dude from boxing wouldnt have any issues selling jones to the world.

Jones is arguably the GOAT MMA fighter, not that anyone deserves that kind of money, but if that is the going rate in combat sports then why the hell shouldn't he get paid that much or ask for the amount?

These guys a seriously undervalued compared to other athletes.

Edit: On the other hand if the numbers arent there they aint there. Seems like jones just isnt a draw anymore, BUT that is 100% the UFCs fault. They are responsible for promotion, bet you someone like that big haired dude from boxing wouldnt have any issues selling jones to the world.
Because he's a drugs cheat. That devalues him massively.

No. I even think it would do less than the BMF title fight (950).

Source on that 950K... I’ll wait. Because I call massive bullshit on that. Masvidal vs Diaz ... almost a million buys. Not fucking even remotely likely. 550... tops. And I think I’m being generous. Did you forget the paywall, and literally everything?

Yeah buddy... and what did UFC 100 do?

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Source on that 950K... I’ll wait. Because I call massive bullshit on that. Masvidal vs Diaz ... almost a million buys. Not fucking even remotely likely. 550... tops. And I think I’m being generous. Did you forget the paywall, and literally everything?

Yeah buddy... and what did UFC 100 do?

That’s the only number I’ve heard and I don’t give too many shits. Diaz has been part of two of the most sold events ever. My point is that it Jones vs Ngannou is not as big of a fight (sales wise) as people seem to believe. Buddy

LOL Boxers who are non-draws like Terence Crawford make that much money to fight on ESPN+.

https://www.sportekz.com/boxing/crawford-vs-kavaliauskas-purse-payouts/

Jones is one of the better PPV draws and bigger names in combat sports.

What the UFC gets away with paying these guys is embarrassing. The revenue split would be illegal if the Ali Act applied to MMA.

Seriously, Wilder has only had three PPV fights his entire career. He wasn't any kind of draw until his first fight with Fury. Jones has literally sold 10 times as many PPV buys as Wilder has in his career.
Yes mma fighters are underpaid relative to their draw rate. All of them. Without collective bargaining few businesses pay people what they're worth.

Why pay more if you don't have to?

Jones is worth about $5 million. He's delusional if he thinks he's a draw like the top boxers or someone like Conor

True. On the other hand, its his life, like any of us he's free not to take a job that doesn't pay as much as he wants to be paid.

The problem is its hard to believe either him or Dana, since both have lied so often. If he doesn't want to fight for what the UFC thinks he's worth, they should strip him of the title and tear up his contract -- which apparently is what he wants. That's how business is supposed to work -- if someone thinks they're being underpaid, let them look for work somewhere else. Maybe Jones is right, maybe Dana is, the way to find out is to see what Jones can make elsewhere.

I've seen this repeated constantly here, to the point that even DC is getting blasted for going against the Dana-approved narrative, saying Ngannou is NOT afraid to fight Jones.

So, what do you believe?

Its the Dana-approved narrative that the UFC has the best fighters in the world, and whenever one of their notable fighters leaves to fight anywhere else they're 'going to be fighting lesser competition.'

Its pretty obvious what Ngannou wants, and that's to fight the undefeated heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, who's significantly larger than him.

This isn't about fear, its about money, and Ngannou wants a giant payday like what McGregor got for fighting Mayweather.

Regardless of how you feel about the likelihood of that fight happening, or Ngannou's chances of victory, saying Ngannou is 'scared' is just excusing Dana's failure of not signing Ngannou for a new deal.

Putting it simply - If you believe Ngannou is scared of Jones, you're a UFC shill incapable of deductive reasoning & independent thought.
See OP.

Back