Media Dana White Ready To Start Co-Promoting With WWE

fake and lame. just because some MMA fighters did it after their prime, doesn't mean we all want to see lame ass, cross promotion, inevitable, WWE - UFC cards in the future. Some of us enjoy seeing particular skill sets, athleticism, with real ass fucking consequences, that are not pre-determined. we go from a max holloway vicious unbelievable KO to this shit? fuck pro wrestling, fake outcomes, everything else is cool.

Does Lewis know that WWE guys have to actually train?

I'm all for UFC fighters doing that fake fight stuff and getting some extra money and eyeballs to our sport.

Chael's whole shtick was a wrestling persona. Shamrock, Severn and countless others have been in the WWE. Fighters using props like Kimo with the cross early on was a good example of WWE style self promo.

But hey, the sky is falling.

At the end of the day, if the fighters can utilize this opportunity to make more money, so be it.

Yes, MMA has always had strong links to pro wrestling. But the pro wrestling shit in Pride has people still calling it a fixed organization to this day. It compromised its legitimacy.

The UFC didn't die when they started hosting bumfights in an empty warehouse every week - but the product has become borderline unwatchable for many. The same principle applies here.

MMA is already a semi-joke of a sport infested with pro wrestling personas and matchmaking. Colby Covington repeat title shots make a mockery of the idea of a 'sport'. But it can get worse. Dialling up the WWE shit-dial will do that.

fake and lame. just because some MMA fighters did it after their prime, doesn't mean we all want to see lame ass, cross promotion, inevitable, WWE - UFC cards in the future. Some of us enjoy seeing particular skill sets, athleticism, with real ass fucking consequences, that are not pre-determined. we go from a max holloway vicious unbelievable KO to this shit? fuck pro wrestling, fake outcomes, everything else is cool.
Yeah, the prowrestling connection is one of the reasons people like us couldn't stand PRIDE, right? I like real sports, not people playing pretend like sakuraba. Real fans know what I mean.

Yes, MMA has always had strong links to pro wrestling. But the pro wrestling shit in Pride has people still calling it a fixed organization to this day. It compromised its legitimacy.

The UFC didn't die when they started hosting bumfights in an empty warehouse every week - but the product has become borderline unwatchable for many. The same principle applies here.

MMA is already a semi-joke of a sport infested with pro wrestling personas and matchmaking. Colby Covington repeat title shots make a mockery of the idea of a 'sport'. But it can get worse. Dialling up the WWE shit-dial will do that.

K. Stop watching. Moving on.

The fixed fights in pride made them call it a fixed organization.

Also, people that put quotation marks around mma as a sport aren't fans and will never be fans.

He most certainly had a problem with it lmao
I loved when Dan Severn came to WWF, I remember a match between Dan Severn and The Rock, and obviously Rock has to look good and win, however at the start of the match Severn took Rock down for real and started wrestling him to death with real takedowns and just stretching him out, it was hilarious. Once he had a few minutes of fun he just let Rock do all the high flying sequence moves to him.

Shamrock was very good in WWF and had the personality for it and the look, he was more on script though in his matches, but Severn you could catch him from time too time just using real proper world class wrestling and throwing them around until he realized he had to stop and make em look good lol.

Mind you it was a good experience for those WWF wrestlers being in there with a guy with over 120 MMA fights and thousands upon thousands of real wrestling matches all over the world.

(I also remember Paul Varelans in ECW a few times, who remembers that?)
Varelans apparently was offered a BJ by Missy Hyatt if he threw his match with Taz, which he did, only for her to reneg and says she doesn't job jobbers lmao

Translation: You made a valid point and I've got nothing.

Reality: I could not care less about your perspective as all you do is whine, while here you're bringing up antiquated points from years ago which I don't agree with and omitting other factors. I have zero desire to engage you.

If you don't like the sport, don't watch. I don't understand why you keep coming to the forum to relay your disdain for the sport. Talk about a waste of time. Again, moving on.

Yeah, the prowrestling connection is one of the reasons people like us couldn't stand PRIDE, right? I like real sports, not people playing pretend like sakuraba. Real fans know what I mean.
the wrestling morons always state this. PRIDE IS PRO WRASSLING!!!! Bull fucking shit. Pride had promotion, Pride had walk outs, Pride had pageantry, Pride had a level of presentation that just didn't exist in MMA at that time. But where are the fake KOs? The fake submissions? The fake fights? The pre-determined outcomes? GTFO here with that weak ass argument. Just because a MMA promotion decides to show 2% effort in promoting their organization, doesn't mean all of a sudden, MMA fans from the old school days have to support fake ass pro wrestling. The dumbest thoughts all around. Nah, Nope.

The fixed fights in pride made them call it a fixed organization.

Also, people that put quotation marks around mma as a sport aren't fans and will never be fans.

But the fixed fights were a result of early MMA in Japan being intrinsically linked with pro wrestling. The lack of separation between entertainment based on fake fights and entertainment based on real fights was the root cause of the problem.

So even real fights where guys got brutally finished are dismissed as fake because the pro wrestling stench was always there.

If you are just trying to fix fights in boxing, you don't have a bunch of pro wrestling antics intermixed with it to undermine the legitimacy and scare off bookies/punters.

People in boxing make claims about fights that look suspect. They don't call into question what obviously seemed like real fights, like they do with Pride.

I'm fine with UFC fighters going and making some extra coin in the trailer park soap operas. Just keep that shit away from the UFC, please. Keep that co-promo shit going one way or you're going to turn the UFC into a complete spectacle.

Reality: I could not care less about your perspective as all you do is whine, while here you're bringing up antiquated points from years ago which I don't agree with and omitting other factors. I have zero desire to engage you.

If you don't like the sport, don't watch. I don't understand why you keep coming to the forum to relay your disdain for the sport. Talk about a waste of time. Again, moving on.

I do like the sport. I just believe the current monopoly is doing a great job of fucking it up.

You seem to confuse these two things.

the wrestling morons always state this. PRIDE IS PRO WRASSLING!!!! Bull fucking shit. Pride had promotion, Pride had walk outs, Pride had pageantry, Pride had a level of presentation that just didn't exist in MMA at that time. But where are the fake KOs? The fake submissions? The fake fights? The pre-determined outcomes? GTFO here with that weak ass argument. Just because a MMA promotion decides to show 2% effort in promoting their organization, doesn't mean all of a sudden, MMA fans from the old school days have to support fake ass pro wrestling. The dumbest thoughts all around. Nah, Nope.
They literally had pro-wrestlers fighting in the org and there are many accounts of fixed fights, several straight up verified. You didn't watch PRIDE, clout chaser.

And you weren't talking about fights being fixed, you were talking about an intermingling of prowrestling and real fighting, which was honestly the basis of PRIDE from the start. Did you inherit your account or something? I refuse to believe you've ever even watched a PRIDE dvd.

They literally had pro-wrestlers fighting in the org and there are many accounts of fixed fights, several straight up verified. You didn't watch PRIDE, clout chaser.

And you weren't talking about fights being fixed, you were talking about an intermingling of prowrestling and real fighting, which was honestly the basis of PRIDE from the start. Did you inherit your account or something? I refuse to believe you've ever even watched a PRIDE dvd.
dumbest fucking take here. mr edited bullshit account response. fuck fake ass pro wrestling, and dumbasses like you that believe just because PRIDE had theatrics and non-fighters fighting, that we should all bow down to dumbass fake pro wrestling. did you inherit a brain or something? cause you should?

Back