Media Dana White on Who is Next For Ngannou, Adesanya and Usman (if he wins)

Some of y'all are way too sure ngannou beats black beast. Jones vs Beast this fall/winter. Jon may actually fight beast.

Just due to the nature of the HW division the next title challenger is going to be questionable. It's tough to have a decent, undefeated record, since more than any other division a fight can change on a dime.

Lewis has the best record, but considering their last matchup it seems like a fight they should not make, as it could make both men look like the worst fighters in the world once again.

I know their records aren't the best, but I'd rather see Volkov, or Gane (even if he's still young in the sport) fight Francis, as Stipe beat him the first time with smart striking, and I think both those men would have a chance of doing the same, instead of having a fight where it's two guys winging punches for 30 seconds and then both collapsing of exhaustion.

I think MW is the right choice, lets see if Robert can get some revenge, or if not we can see if Izzy was really just a victim of size at LHW. With WW I keep wanting to give Leon that shot, but by now I'm convinced he'll never accept it, so put Colby back in there and lets see if he can succeed. If not I think WW has a good group getting up there for future matches, with Wonderboy, Vicente and Chiesa being good fights, unless Usman wants to give it to a guy coming off a loss, or maybe Jake Paul.

I hate that Dana is rewarding these guys for sitting out. So lose one title fight to Usman and all you have to do is beat the ghost of Woodley to get another one.
In all fairness Colby has a decent claim to a rematch as their first fight was relatively close. That being said I agree with you, I would much rather see him beat at least one more contender just to see some fresh match ups. That’s why you have to respect someone like Whittaker IMO.

See? I told you guys Jon Jones is retired. Wolf tickets since 2013 baby.

<Oku03>

Then we got Cyril gane fighting volkov. #1 contender fight right there

Whittaker shouldn't be pushed into a quick turnaround. Give him 5-6 months, minimum 4.5. September of October would work well.

I would be happy with Vettori vs Izzy for June, gives Izzy a chance to take more damage and injure himself in training lmao. And, on the small chance Vettori wins, Whittaker will murder him.

Plus, Vettori vs Izzy should be fun. Probably Izzy murders him, but it could be a fun scrap either way.

Whittaker shouldn't be pushed into a quick turnaround. Give him 5-6 months, minimum 4.5. September of October would work well.

I would be happy with Vettori vs Izzy for June, gives Izzy a chance to take more damage and injure himself in training lmao. And, on the small chance Vettori wins, Whittaker will murder him.

Plus, Vettori vs Izzy should be fun. Probably Izzy murders him, but it could be a fun scrap either way.

The only fight is Whittaker vs Adesnaya in Aus/NZ. They are allowing 75-100% crowds here at sporting events and it would be huge.

Interestingly I think Vettori is a tougher fight for Adesanya than he would be for Whittaker. They both outstrike him but I have more confidence in Whittakers take down defence to keep it standing to do so.

The only fight is Whittaker vs Adesnaya in Aus/NZ. They are allowing 75-100% crowds here at sporting events and it would be huge.

Interestingly I think Vettori is a tougher fight for Adesanya than he would be for Whittaker. They both outstrike him but I have more confidence in Whittakers take down defence to keep it standing to do so.
I agree about the Whittaker vs Adesanya, I'm an aussie as well lol. But, if Izzy wants to defend in June, then Vettori in the US would make sense. Give Whittaker till September, that's the timeframe he wants.

I agree about Vettori being a harder matchup for Izzy. I think Izzy wins, but Vettori has a chance. Against Whittaker, he has no chance, because of Robs elite TDD and scrambling.

Whittaker vs Izzy in sep at Marvel stadium would do 60k + . It did 57k last time.

I highly doubt Kamaru accepts the rematch.

Then again who knows - maybe the UFC made a deal with Kamaru that he can have another Jorge payday as long as he takes a rematch with Colby afterwards.
Wonder if Diaz pulls off what would be a substantial upset win over Leon whether Usman would chase that payday. Higher reward much lower risk than fighting Colby.

Wonder if Diaz pulls off what would be a substantial upset win over Leon whether Usman would chase that payday. Higher reward much lower risk than fighting Colby.
That's certain, and the UFC would want it too. Usman can basically go on vacation for his training camp, win easily and make more money than against Colby.

I don't like it that Colby gets a title shot by beating shot Woodley on a 2 fight losing streak. It's even less justifiable now when he's lost again and got finished in the first round.

If Wonderboy beats Burns he should be next in line, he has put in the work and deserves it. If Edwards wins, at least he got a long win streak, even tho I don't like that it's Nate Diaz he's fighting he should get it if Wonderboy loses.

Colby imo should only get that title shot if both Wonderboy and Edwards lose, but otherwise no and he needs to beat someone else than a sloppy third Woodley.

It was obvious Jon Jones was never going to fight Ngannou.

Anyways, who cares. Hopefully, the Ngannou vs. Lewis fight will be good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back