• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White on Colby Covington losing title shot: Take our offer, or other people will

I don't think so. Usman is the first guy that can probably actually beat him since Wonderboy. Maia never had a chance and Till had no business fighting for the title. Usman is a bigger, stronger more athletic Colby and can negate Tyron's blacksplosiveness. He will also have pretty much every physical advantage and could possibly drown him with his cardio and wrestling. Colby admitted he cut no weight while Usman is a huge dude. I just want competitive fights, and this is a competitive fight.

this, they fight differently, but, Usman poses way more of a threat to Woodley than Colby does. PLUS, Usman's stand-up is actually getting better. He's getting better as a fighter. And he has power. So when he actually is a completed project, I think he's going to be a tough fight for anyone. Whether he has what it takes to beat Woodley, we'll see, but I think this is a much closer fight than Colby vs Woodley.

Colby was outstruck on the feet by Damien Maia. k-1 Maia. And you guys think he somehow is going to beat Woodley? lol

Hey, act like a Diaz you get treated like a Diaz.

Dana...

giphy.gif

White said he first got hold of Covington’s rant, which he issued a straightforward response to.

He actually denied hearing about it, then lied like he always does.

he had a legit injury and needed more time. as long as he gets next crack i dont see this as a big deal tho

What was his "legitimate" injury? Wasn't it that he chose to have elective surgery to fix his nose or something? Or was there something afterwards that I'm missing?

Moms sketti indeed

"Take it or go fuck yourself! We'll just find someone else who is willing to fight for less"....

ESPN must feel really encouraged about signing a giant contract with these Bozo's, and creating a new image of a legitimate sport on it's way to being a "major" one....

Good for him, he is the boss and he makes the rules not the fighters.

Colby got cucked out of the TS by somebody that have been calling him before

Been trying to tell people the UFC had to put Colby back in line. He knew after he beat RDA he had a quick turnaround because Woodley was actively in camp when that interim belt was made. Colby said he wanted to be on the MSG card and elected to get a surgery and intentionally shelve himself until the MSG card.

Woodley mopped Till, Usman dominated RDA and DW decided to show Colby who's boss.

Based on what I heard Colby was injured when he was offered the fight. So I side with Colby, obviously.

This is a game and Dana is helping it. And not taking the interim from Colby only proves that. Colby and Woodley are waiting someone to take belt from the champion to start fighting the new one right away. They are from the same gym and they want to keep the belt to them. It is just business. Colby will only fight Tyron when Tyron retires, until then Colby will be a gatekeeper for him.

Ironically I think Colby has out-Tyron’d Tyron. He path to the title is very similar to Tyron....
1. Racked up some good wins
2. Became #1 contender
3. Waiting only for the championship fight

The only problem is now that he’s interim champion/#1 contender, he’s carrying on with the attitude of a champion (diva-ish) without actually being THEE champion. I think Dana can smell it a mile away and rather have Tyron as the “lesser of 2 evils” with Usman as a backup.

If Colby ever gets the belt at this point, he may get the Tyron treatment.....

I said this before but Conor was a yes man, company man just like Usman before he got the belt. Then he went off doing his own thing acting like a diva. Colby showed his hand too early.

Hey if we make you an offer and you're dying of cancer, you still take it ya goof. Cancer can be cured, but opportunities don't always come knocking at your hospital door!

Back