Dana White on Colby Covington losing title shot: Take our offer, or other people will

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

It was during the UFC Brooklyn pre-fight presser on Thursday when White said he first got hold of Covington’s rant, which he issued a straightforward response to.

“When opportunities pop up, take ’em. When opportunity knocks, answer the door. Period, end of story,” White told an MMAjunkie representative at the event.

“You can ask anybody who’s been on this stage for a long time, when we call, if you take the fight, you take the fight. And if you don’t, other people will.

“That’s how this thing goes. It keeps rolling,” he added. “When we call and we make an offer, you take it. He didn’t.”

White did mention that Covington will get his turn, but not according to his own timeline.

“He’ll get another shot. It’s just not going to be when he wanted and when he thought it was coming. Usman went in there and fought that fight (vs. Rafael dos Anjos). I said that night, I wasn’t shy about it, ‘Usman looked good tonight. I’d actually like to see Usman versus Woodley,’ and we got it done.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...-when-opportunities-pop-up-take-them-mma-news

<{anton}>

giphy.gif

Or you'll be black balled by uncle D.

usman vs Woodley is a terrible fight
style wise
but so is

Colby/woodley

He didn't answer a single question, and rightfully so. Fuck those reporters (I'm sure they're nice people but you know what I mean)

I love how people believe Dana when it's again someone they dislike

Colby would much rather vent on twitter than take the fight against Woodley. Too bad Colby cheese

usman vs Woodley is a terrible fight
style wise
but so is

Colby/woodley
I don't think so. Usman is the first guy that can probably actually beat him since Wonderboy. Maia never had a chance and Till had no business fighting for the title. Usman is a bigger, stronger more athletic Colby and can negate Tyron's blacksplosiveness. He will also have pretty much every physical advantage and could possibly drown him with his cardio and wrestling. Colby admitted he cut no weight while Usman is a huge dude. I just want competitive fights, and this is a competitive fight.

“It's your moment, this is it
As big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Had to give you a career to destroy it”

Covington isn’t the champ and if he ever wants to be he needs to seize the opportunities instead of making excuses.

Maybe Twitter can sponsor their own UFC Twitter belt and Colby & Conor can fight for that...

That's a pretty damn soft response for Dana White, considering all Colby said.

Kind of proves Colby's point about being an asset..

Not many fighters can talk shit to Dana/UFC and get away with it, Colby is not one of them! He is not a big enough draw to demand anything. Outside of the hard core MMA fan, no one knows who he is.

he had a legit injury and needed more time. as long as he gets next crack i dont see this as a big deal tho

George W Bush on George W Bush

"If you had to sum up your presidency in one word, what would it be?"

"I think I can describe it in two. Tenacious and awesome. You put those together it becomes...Tena...Tenawseome."

So basically Dana's confirming that his word / promises mean fuck all.

Back