Dana White not happy with Jake Ellenberger

Is the general feeling that he did or didn't bring a better effort in this fight compared to the previous one?

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/dana-w...ger-after-ufc-173-hes-got-a-lot-of-work-to-do

Remember, Uncle Dana signed Jake to a new contract before this fight.

dana white is right. even if you know that you're going to lose, you have to go for it in the last round. throw everything, including the kitchen sink, out there. it may get you knocked out, but at least it will give you a chance, and fans along with the ufc, will appreciate it, and it will give you second chances in the ufc.

playing it safe gets you nowhere.

Did no one see the beginning of the 3rd round? Jake seemed to have Robbie hurt Rogan notices than Jake pulls back and Rogan says he must of broke his hand.. But I haven't read anything on an injury just criticism of Jake

I'm sure it was just an adrenaline dump after that.
It was really the only aggressive combination he threw throughout
the entire fight.

Dana is an idiot when i comes to these situaions, he has no idea what goes through the mind of these guys during a fist fight, i guess what actually "didn't pull the trigger" means for Dana is go into brawl mode and swing like an idiot without any tecnique or whatsoever.

Jake has shown his potential, and his limitations. He's well-rounded enough to stay competitive in the Top 10, but not enough to be a contender.

Give him Mike Pierce on the prelims next and if Ellenberger loses a fight in his next 2 fights the ufc should just cut him to be honest.

He was awful in the Rory fight.

he's not the only one I'm disappointed in jake he just stood there and let robbie toy with him

What was the new deal worth?

Jake could be good the Fight Night cards, if hes cheap.

I did see Jake pull the trigger a few times on lawler. And after promoting the hell out of Rousey, basically saying she could clean out half of the Mens division..... This is how Dana treats him? Must have been a big $$ contract Dana signed

Jake vs Matt Brown....lol
Jake has fought more top WW's then just about anyone else in the division including Lawler. He's choked recently but against the No1 and No2 contenders....not that horrible IMHO.

Well we all saw what happened to EliteXC when Seth Petruzilli shot his mouth off about being offered a bonus to stand with Kimbo.

This is just Dana pulling strings without framing anything in definitive terms.
Nevermind the bonus though.

"You wanna be a UFC fighter?" You better start training Simpson style.

giphy.gif

Jake is slowly becoming "another guy".

I've always seen him as 'another guy' tbh. Dangerous, sure, but with low expectations.

Don't get me wrong, he has the tools to be delivering better, but I've just always been surprise but how much praise he gets. fighting is not just talent and weapons.

Keep in mind who those loses were too... Jake smashes most of the division. Not everyone can be the best fighter in the world.

10-4!

It's amazing that Ruthless Robbie's been fighting in the UFC for 12 years! And fighting for the strap, I might add!

I did see Jake pull the trigger a few times on lawler. And after promoting the hell out of Rousey, basically saying she could clean out half of the Mens division..... This is how Dana treats him? Must have been a big $$ contract Dana signed

Ya I see why he was pulling the company man card now...sure wasn't going to win them over with his fight and he knew it. He had to get back in the UFC's good graces after the MacDonald fight, but like I said he should let his fights do the work

I thought Jake tried to pull the trigger a full times, he didn't go into full Leonard Garcia mode(If that's what Dana wanted) but he was certainly more active with his combos than the Mcdonald fight.

I think he just got beat by the better fighter, a guy with a shit ton of KO power that's extremely dangerous if you leave any opening.

this. Aside from the first round, he wasn't just passive like against rory.

Fighting with wreckless abandon is the Dana White way.

Back