Dana White not happy with Jake Ellenberger

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC President Dana White is again unhappy with the work of Jake Ellenberger (29-8 MMA, 8-4 UFC).

Following the UFC welterweight’s third-round TKO loss to Robbie Lawler (23-10 MMA, 8-4 UFC) at this past Saturday’s UFC 173, White sharply criticized his performance.

“It’s not a gameplan,” White said when asked about Ellenberger’s loss, which was his second in a row. “There’s guys who pull the trigger when it’s time to step up, and there’s guys who don’t pull the trigger. This is two times when he was in the spotlight and had big opportunities that he didn’t pull the trigger.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/dana-w...ger-after-ufc-173-hes-got-a-lot-of-work-to-do

Remember, Uncle Dana signed Jake to a new contract before this fight.

It was said in the scrum, tbh he didnt seem very upset at all though. Its when both guys do very little like the Rory fight where he gets mad.

Dana ripping his own fighters again.... quelle surprise..

Weird how it seems that he starts doubting himself mid-fight.

Keep in mind who those loses were too... Jake smashes most of the division. Not everyone can be the best fighter in the world.

I thought Jake tried to pull the trigger a full times, he didn't go into full Leonard Garcia mode(If that's what Dana wanted) but he was certainly more active with his combos than the Mcdonald fight.

I think he just got beat by the better fighter, a guy with a shit ton of KO power that's extremely dangerous if you leave any opening.

Jake went for it a couple of times in the fight but he was timid a lot of times too. Dana's criticism has been fair but a bit harsh. Jake definitely didn't pull the trigger in the Rory fight.

I hope they give him another chance. He's definitely been gun shy in his last two fights though. Maybe he got KOd badly in training before the Rory fight that sapped his confidence? I guess we'll probably never know.

Shit, as a fan... I'm not happy with Jake Ellenberger!
Dude has the skills to knock anyone out...
Even Rogan called it right before the finish...
He eats a punch to the orbital and looks toward the ref
basically for a way out. Seems like he doesn't want to fight anymore...

Ellenberger vs Lim Hyun Gyu?

Did no one see the beginning of the 3rd round? Jake seemed to have Robbie hurt Rogan notices than Jake pulls back and Rogan says he must of broke his hand.. But I haven't read anything on an injury just criticism of Jake

Since the Kampmann loss when Ellenberger was in a full "kill or be killed" mode, he has become way too boring.

Stinkers fights against Hieron, Rory and now Lawler.

Back