Dana White net worth 300 million

IMO the estimates of the UFC's worth are incredibly overblown. I've had a hunch for years that they did everything they could to get their first billion dollar evaluation only to sell shares and pocket millions from the arabs overseas with the BS prospects of moving into Asia.

3 billion my ass.

People say "it takes money to make money"; Dana had access to billionaires and landed/created a job that has made him hundreds of millions. That's just how the world works.

The biggest difference between his success and Mayweather is Mayweather made it happen from nothing outside his own work and talent.

I don't like to overlook any individuals efforts which have lead to success, but luck is a HUGE factor in life too. Making a living comes out of hard work, getting rich has everything to do with luck, risk, and timing.

I don't like to overlook any individuals efforts which have lead to success, but luck is a HUGE factor in life too. Making a living comes out of hard work, getting rich has everything to do with luck, risk, and timing.

Doesn't take away from the fact Dana White got a break the majority will NEVER get. Floyd started from the Actual bottom. It's not the same. People just like to bend over backwards to not give Floyd his credit.

Doesn't take away from the fact Dana White got a break the majority will NEVER get. Floyd started from the Actual bottom. It's not the same. People just like to bend over backwards to not give Floyd his credit.

I agree. I have mountains more respect for Floyd(who I dislike a lot) than Dana. The fact of that matter is that Dana got very very lucky.

Is this true?

How do you not give a guy with his accomplishments credit?

People on Sherdog love to use the fact that a person is 'unlikeable' to not give the the proper respect for their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Well, selectively, anyway.

People on Sherdog love to use the fact that a person is 'unlikeable' to not give the the proper respect for their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Well, selectively, anyway.

People everywhere do that a lot in general. Especially in politics. Most people lack integrity.

And yet again you people have made a thread that has nothing to do with Mayweather about Mayweather. Get off it.

signing ronda was the best thing he's done in recent memory.

IMO the estimates of the UFC's worth are incredibly overblown. I've had a hunch for years that they did everything they could to get their first billion dollar evaluation only to sell shares and pocket millions from the arabs overseas with the BS prospects of moving into Asia.

3 billion my ass.

Yes, because billionaire investors with their teams of analysts, lawyers and investment professionals don't spend any effort doing their due diligence. :rolleyes:

I don't think you truly understand what being monstrously wealthy means when it comes to investing. Billionaire investors are human and make errors, but they invariably are operating with far better information and far better professional advice than most of us can even imagine.

As if anyone invests hundreds of millions of dollars without sending in a team and poring over every page of every financial and legal document in existence.

3 billion my ass.

They are a private company... there are no shares.

You really don't know what you're babbling about do you?

They are a private company... there are no shares.

You really don't know what you're babbling about do you?

Technically speaking, if they're a corporation then they have shares but they're just privately held.

So, depending on how they structured the purchase and sale of interest in the company, then if it was a straight forward purchase of interest then they either issued new shares and diluted the existing shares, or the parties involved sold some portion of their shares to the new investor(s).

It's hard to say which option they followed or whether they followed a combination of both.

If they sell existing shares then they pocket cash but they all get hit with capital gains. If they issue new shares then it's treated as a capital injection, but the existing shareholders don't receive any proceeds from the sale (no cash to pocket).

There are other options though it would create other complexities in the transaction. I suppose they could have done a share swap between Zuffa and the investing corporation, or even a share swap between the individual shareholders and the investing corporation.

Anyway, I'll stop there. Long story short there were shares.

Technically speaking, if they're a corporation then they have shares but they're just privately held.

So, depending on how they structured the purchase and sale of interest in the company, then if it was a straight forward purchase of interest then they either issued new shares and diluted the existing shares, or the parties involved sold some portion of their shares to the new investor(s).

It's hard to say which option they followed or whether they followed a combination of both.

If they sell existing shares then they pocket cash but they all get hit with capital gains. If they issue new shares then it's treated as a capital injection, but the existing shareholders don't receive any proceeds from the sale (no cash to pocket).

There are other options though it would create other complexities in the transaction. I suppose they could have done a share swap between Zuffa and the investing corporation, or even a share swap between the individual shareholders and the investing corporation.

Anyway, I'll stop there. Long story short there were shares.

The structure is simple and has been the same from the beginning and is the same today.

40.5% Lorenzo
40.5% Frank
9% Dana
10% Flash Entertainment

For all the UFC apologists, Dana could give a flying foot if the UFC is sinking or not, the money coming in is top heavy for upper management

Take Notes Dana

Floyd Net Worth: 400 Million.

money-mayweather-o.gif

I'm pretty confident that less than ten years after Floyd retires he will be broke and Dana will still be rocking the hundred million club.

But as far as the top heavy part goes thats just how it works. Fighters put their bodies on the line, but they still provide less value to the operation than the owners do. I know, you don't buy the tickets and PPV for Dana, but he and Lorenzo made it possible for you to buy those tickets and PPV in the first place. Fighters at backyard barbecues get paid a lot less and nobody buys their PPVs.

Actually means the approximate value of the UFC is $3 billion.

(I believe Dana owns 9%).

Except I'm sure he has other assets including property, stocks, and cash.

His net worth is not purely based on the the evaluation and his stake in Zuffa.

Except I'm sure he has other assets including property, stocks, and cash.

His net worth is not purely based on the the evaluation and his stake in Zuffa.

That's why I said "approximate value." He didn't come in with anything. Maybe he's been getting paid a crazy salary, but I doubt it. Imagine he basically has his shares and live off his dividends.

It's doubtful that money he's spent since hitting it big, other than on his home, amounts to more than a fraction of that net worth.

I'm pretty confident that less than ten years after Floyd retires he will be broke and Dana will still be rocking the hundred million club.

But as far as the top heavy part goes thats just how it works. Fighters put their bodies on the line, but they still provide less value to the operation than the owners do. I know, you don't buy the tickets and PPV for Dana, but he and Lorenzo made it possible for you to buy those tickets and PPV in the first place. Fighters at backyard barbecues get paid a lot less and nobody buys their PPVs.

Floyd will never be broke. He may well do better as a promoter than as a fighter (he performed hella better as a promoter than as a fighter for his match against Manny).

I'm so confused... how was any of that garbled mess of a thought relevant?

It was meant for all the neckbeards posting "Hurr Durr see, Dana's worth 300mil UFC Isnt dyng!!!".

It's pretty naive to think Dana and the Fertitas sole income is the UFC and even if it was its inane because pretty much the entire profits go to their pockets anyways so of course Dana is gonna get paid lol.

The Floyd reference was just to show the gold standard of what a fighter should be making, plus he rustles neckbeards jimmies on here. :icon_chee

Back