Dana White must be HAPPY!

People will not pay 60-70$ or w/e a PPV costs these days to see TJ fight. Not happening.

If he fights like I did tonight hell yeah I will buy his fights. It was beautiful watching him pick apart Renan. And he never stops looking for the finish. TJ could've coasted the last round but he didn't! Not like some other champs. Like jones or Hendricks

Sure but it's fuckin retarded, his striking is awesome but, he doesn't weigh enough.

He looked excellent tonight, that's for sure. Beat Barao everywhere. The prejudice against lighter weightclasses blows my mind sometimes. Still, I ardently defend anyone's right to their preferences even if I feel they are wrong so....I guess it's just their loss.

the ufc wants guys that hold the belt for a long time. they also would prefer english speakers because thats where they sell ppv. there is no ppv in brazil

tbh dana probably would have preferred to have faber as champ but if TJ can hold the belt for a couple years or more this will be very good for ppv sales vs renan as champ

People will not pay 60-70$ or w/e a PPV costs these days to see TJ fight. Not happening.

I think if they start TJ off on Fox cards and he rolls off 3-4 title defenses he could end up a big star.

Anyone with KO power can be a draw. Plus, he's an American, so Americans will root for him and the rest of the world will want to see him lose.

At the end of the day, long term. Barao losing was the best scenario business wise.

Even with all his Barao being best p4p. When the dust settles it all works out. Has an ENGLISH speaking champ in TJ that they can market the shit out of, went through TUF, young and hopefully boost PPV buys for bantamweight main events by him being able to sell his fights and connect with the English speaking crowd.

All in all, it all works out.

The look on Dana's face. As if he just had his best orgasm in 2014.

bgtmr8.jpg

Except MMA in the US is on a downward slide, there's much more interest in Brazil.

JJ and Cain are both English speaking champs and really haven't done much for the UFC. Silva and GSP who do not have perfect English were the money makers.

He's definitely happy as even if Barao would have won, he's not marketable. I can't even recall the last time I read an interview with Barao. However, I don't think TJ will be champ for long and there is no way that he'll become a superstar. The BW division doesn't have enough pull to generate a superstar.

JJ and Cain are both English speaking champs and really haven't done much for the UFC. Silva and GSP who do not have perfect English were the money makers.

GSP's stardum came from fellow Canadians, and Silva didn't sell much until the Chael fight.

JJ right now is the best PPV seller next to Silva and Ronda.

Cain? LOL. The dude has a personality of Aldo and GSP's bastard child.

I know Lorenzo was happy as hell when Dillashaw won. He flew over there to hug him and shake his hand.

You just don't make money off Barao. The guy didn't even have 4 sponsors on his shorts and he was a dominant champ getting forcefed p4p #1 down our throats.

11/11 for him still

Were you around this forum the last past couple of weeks? People were calling him a douche because he was shadowboxing at the airport. He rustles jimmies just by existing.

That's just pathetic, but I'm not surprised. :icon_lol:

Just because he speaks english does not mean that he is marketable, charisma does not speak any language and barao is got more charisma then TJ

why wouldn't he be? an American fighter is now champ. All of the champs are now American except for Aldo...keeping the belts in the states.

I like how TJ fights, but i don't think he'll be anything special in terms of bringing money. I feel like he'll be the same type of champ as aldo, barao and mm-people will know that he is good, but nobody will care too much about him.

Just because he speaks english does not mean that he is marketable, charisma does not speak any language and barao is got more charisma then TJ

I'm not saying TJ is the most charismatic guy out there, but less than Barao? That's absurd.

He'll lose his first defense

Back