• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana White: "Everytime Khamzat's Close To Fighting He Gets Sick" - "He's Sort Out Of Touch, Tough To Deal With"

Just can't book him as a main event. Guys a liability. Book him no later than 3rd last on any card for a bit until he straightens out. And if he dosen't he'll probably just retire because he can't really fight anywhere anyways with his horrible self imposed work visa issues.

Just can't book him as a main event. Guys a liability. Book him no later than 3rd last on any card for a bit until he straightens out. And if he dosen't he'll probably just retire because he can't really fight anywhere anyways with his horrible self imposed work visa issues.
Chimaev just became bait for the muslim market. The right thing to do would to let him go to One FC since he cant fight in the USA.

Guy has spent a huge portion of his adult life in the hospital

"Out of touch" line is a bit click baity. He just meant he can't get a hold of him because he's never in the states.

I really feel bad for those guys. Khabib almost died making weight. Makhachev is a cardiac that had to take meldonium for his crippling heart condition. Zabbit had a rare condition that prevented him from fighting 5-rounders. Now Khamza is always sick if his opponent is not a late replacement and is not from a lower weight class.

What if we gather those guys on an island for a tournament, to decide who's the strongest bearded wrestler of all time? Lost cause. They will ALL pull out due to undisclosed reasons!

i just hate the timing, he was fine for so long and he waited doing nothing, then when he started preping for a fight he gets sick.

He pulled out of this fight and couldn't finish cutting weight against Nate. Any other times? Costa pulled out of their fight.

edit: Looks like he had 3 fights with Leon canceled due to his covid.

So that's 5 times in his last 8 fights.
1 of those is because of Leon cancelling

i just hate the timing, he was fine for so long and he waited doing nothing, then when he started preping for a fight he gets sick.
Didn't he have another illness at the start of this year as well when he had nothing booked?

1 of those is because of Leon cancelling
They both got covid the first time it was booked but Dana blamed Leon even though Khamzat caught it first. This was when they were trying to sell Khamzat as someone who would fight every month so they didn't want to announce he couldn't fight.

I had the opposite, kept going to doctors
They kept saying at had low iron, then this, then that
Finally I got a scan on my chest and I had a big bulge come up on collar bone/neck
Doctors like you got masses all in your chest, go straight to ER
Turns out I had stage 4 lymphoma
Neck&Neck, very sorry to hear that. How are you now? If you feel like talking about it, I will gladly listen because I lived through the same shit and I understand it.

Man, for me it was as terrifying as it was frustrating. The doctors weren't sure it was cancer, they said " probably" and gave me 55-60% that it's cancer". Problem is, in order to access the small bowel without cutting me open, they needed a special tool because the colonscope can't enter the small bowel. This is where the frustrating problem was; my country is so shitty that no hospital, private or public, had this kind of tool, so I had no option other than either being cut open, or wait another few months to see if it grows, because if it doesn't grow, then it's not a tumor. It was especially hard waiting so long because I knew it can spread and become stage 3 or 4, which is much harder to treat this type of cancers. So I thought I'm going to very likely die.
I was so badly shooked, that I was forcing myself to sleep all day and all night just to forget about the situation I was in. When I was dreaming, it felt like living again because I did not know about my present situation; but when I woke up I wished I didn't. It felt surreal, like I was dreaming when I was awake, and living when I was sleeping/dreaming.

All this nightmare lasted for 12 months (since the first doctor told me that probably I have cancer, but he is not sure). I have no idea how I'm still mentally sane after those 12 months of pure terror. I was 23 when this happened, now I'm 34.

Last edited:
Neck&Neck, very sorry to hear that. How are you now? If you feel like talking about it, I will gladly listen because I lived through the same shit and I understand it.

Man, for me it was as terrifying as it was frustrating. The doctors weren't sure it was cancer, they said " probably" and gave me 55-60% that it's cancer". Problem is, in order to access the small bowel without cutting me open, they needed a special tool, because the colonscope can't enter the small bowel. This is where the frustrating problem was; my country is so shitty that no hospital, private or public, had this kind of tool, so I had no option other than either being cut open, or wait another few months to see if it grows, because if it doesn't grow, than it's not a tumor. It was especially hard waiting so long because I knew it can spread and become stage 3 or 4, which is much harder to treat this type of cancers. So I thought I'm going to very likely die.
I was so badly shooked that I was forcing myself to sleep all day and all night just to forget about the situation I was in. When I was dreaming, it felt like living again because I did not know about my present situation; but when I woke up I wished I didn't. It felt surreal, like I was dreaming when I was awake, and living when I was sleeping/dreaming.

All this nightmare lasted for 12 months (since the first doctor told me that probably I have cancer, but he is not sure). I have no idea how I'm still mentally sane after those 12 months of pure terror. I was 23 when this happened, now I'm 34.

Thanks bro, this might be a little long, and sorry mods for the derail lol

Well it’s over 10 years later now… and I’m still fighting cancer
I’m lucky I had a “good cancer” as they call it, so it’s not super fast growing and most people beat it if caught early.

I’ve had every treatment available (chemos, radiation, surgery, stem cell transplant, immunotherapies etc) and now I’m just getting some really old, really nasty chemotherapies to keep it at bay
But I only have maybe 5 chemos left on a list, and each one you can only be on for 6 months or so then it’s not effective anymore or too toxic, and sometimes they don’t work or you get bad reactions

I was diagnosed in my early 30’s, I had cancer from my neck, down to my nuts, everywhere except in my bones
Got it in remission a few times, but it just comes right back after a few months
Lately it’s started to hit my chest again, which sucks cuz when it starts affecting the lungs I have trouble breathing if I exert myself at all, going up a flight of stairs use to crush me, I’d be on the floor wheeezing, lol

A lot of depression, anxiety and mental health stuff thought the years
Last year was really bad, I thought I was going to,end up in the mental ward
Was at a really low point, But after I finished this last drug regiment I had a break from treatment
I moved to a new home and it was a lot of work so I used that and just kept pushing
And with summer weather has helped a lot , I’m eating really good now and doing way better
But im scared of going back to treatment and the coming winter months
I never got married or had kids or anything, and when I was diagnosed I pushed any woman in my life away, haven’t really been able to get back on the horse as they say
So I have a lot of regrets from not living life when I could
Have a scan probaby August, then if cancer has spread im going back on the chemo
Been walking this tightrope for many years now
But when it’s my time, I’ll be resting easy

My humour is the only thing that keeps me going, and watching UFC on Saturdays with the Sherdog PbP is one of the funnest things for me
All I do is just watch sports now lol

Shout out to everybody on Sherdog man, even the trolls and the war room goofs
I love this place and all the funny antics

💯

Sounds like Dana is starting to lose patience with this guy. Khamzat is a phenomenal prospect but everytime Dana tries to do him a favor, Khamzat fucks it up.

1. Had covid and Dana offered to have him come to Vegas to be looked after and taken care of. Didn't listen and kept on training and almost died.

2. Given the easiest title eliminator fight in history and royally screwed that whole card while giving everyone the finger.

3. visa issues limited to outside of USA therefore hard to promote

4. Screws up another main event.

I really feel bad for those guys. Khabib almost died making weight. Makhachev is a cardiac that had to take meldonium for his crippling heart condition. Zabbit had a rare condition that prevented him from fighting 5-rounders. Now Khamza is always sick if his opponent is not a late replacement and is not from a lower weight class.

What if we gather those guys on an island for a tournament, to decide who's the strongest bearded wrestler of all time? Lost cause. They will ALL pull out due to undisclosed reasons!
They're not pulling out with the type of wrestling they'd be doing..

pPZmNEYbD7ja_5k6QSoUsg8bRVHmcVqd-NvFYobwLfk.jpg

Is there any promoter that throws their own fighters under the bus more than Dana?

He pulled out of this fight and couldn't finish cutting weight against Nate. Any other times? Costa pulled out of their fight.

edit: Looks like he had 3 fights with Leon canceled due to his covid.

So that's 5 times in his last 8 fights.

That's a lot.

Also, I'd say the contrast between the I kill everybody attitude and the tweets or whatever where he was saying he might not fight again because of long covid.

Pretty big swing. Not a great look.

Thanks bro, this might be a little long, and sorry mods for the derail lol

Well it’s over 10 years later now… and I’m still fighting cancer
I’m lucky I had a “good cancer” as they call it, so it’s not super fast growing and most people beat it if caught early.

I’ve had every treatment available (chemos, radiation, surgery, stem cell transplant, immunotherapies etc) and now I’m just getting some really old, really nasty chemotherapies to keep it at bay
But I only have maybe 5 chemos left on a list, and each one you can only be on for 6 months or so then it’s not effective anymore or too toxic, and sometimes they don’t work or you get bad reactions

I was diagnosed in my early 30’s, I had cancer from my neck, down to my nuts, everywhere except in my bones
Got it in remission a few times, but it just comes right back after a few months
Lately it’s started to hit my chest again, which sucks cuz when it starts affecting the lungs I have trouble breathing if I exert myself at all, going up a flight of stairs use to crush me, I’d be on the floor wheeezing, lol

A lot of depression, anxiety and mental health stuff thought the years
Last year was really bad, I thought I was going to,end up in the mental ward
Was at a really low point, But after I finished this last drug regiment I had a break from treatment
I moved to a new home and it was a lot of work so I used that and just kept pushing
And with summer weather has helped a lot , I’m eating really good now and doing way better
But im scared of going back to treatment and the coming winter months
I never got married or had kids or anything, and when I was diagnosed I pushed any woman in my life away, haven’t really been able to get back on the horse as they say
So I have a lot of regrets from not living life when I could
Have a scan probaby August, then if cancer has spread im going back on the chemo
Been walking this tightrope for many years now
But when it’s my time, I’ll be resting easy

My humour is the only thing that keeps me going, and watching UFC on Saturdays with the Sherdog PbP is one of the funnest things for me
All I do is just watch sports now lol

Shout out to everybody on Sherdog man, even the trolls and the war room goofs
I love this place and all the funny antics

💯
kickboxing and mma were the only things that I could watched at the time. They were making me forget momentarily about the nightmare that I was living at the moment.

Keep strong man, the new generation of cancer treatments are closing in, such as CRISPR and MRNA. More so, AI is getting exponentially better at finding various chemical compounds and treatments.

Back