Dana White debunks Alvarez & Bellator rumors, says Gilbert gets title shot

I was hoping they would wait for a number 1 contender's match between Gil and Alvarez, but I guess it's not meant to be. Gil doesn't deserve an immediate title shot in my personal opinion, but there isn't a clear cut contender right now, so it's understandable they'd give it to him.

I agree that he lost his last fight too and he should be fighting for a contender spot and not the title. LW is stacked and Milendez is good but I don't think he's the number one contender either.

Well if U are right then Bendo should wreck him! Expose him & he will drop down to where he belongs!

Last edited:
Gil lost to Thomson his last fight....close fight but Thomson should have gotten the nod.

With that said:
He should fight for the No. 1 Contender

I dislike Bendo and Gil so it will be a fun fight for me, though gil is gonna get outclassed.

Gill will be a top 10 fighter for sure. maybe #7 or #8. (that or he drops to FW after he gets trounced by Bendo)

A rare post on Sherdog where I agree with every line. Bro fisting this one.

Wait, bro fisting...that sounds not good...

Giving this one a bro fist. There we go.

bendo has a lot of good matches coming up. gil, maynard, alvarez, pettis2, cerronne2. hopefully penn comes back to lw and even sanchez would be a great matchup. the division is stacked and i just wanna start seeing these matchups. and there is no clear number one contender right now so gil makes sense seeing its champ vs champ and gil has the biggest win streak.

thats cool, also eddie vs gray maynard or jim miller would line up as a great co main

Regardless there are a ton of awesome fights coming up at LW, Bendo, Gil, Alverez, Maynard, Cerrone, Pettis, Diaz, Miller and there is the possiblity Frankie comes back along with Aldo, dayyum there are some insane match ups that could be had at 155 I'm stoked on this weightclass should be the tits

Bendo will kick everybody's ass.

Showtime and Aldo are the only figthers that can beat him,but also can lose to him.

Not sure how Gilbert "deserves" a title shot. Josh Thomson should be the SF lightweight champion, terrible call by the judges.

Bendo will kick everybody's ass.

Showtime and Aldo are the only figthers that can beat him,but also can lose to him.

Pettis yes, Aldo no. I'm so ready for the Aldo myth to be debunked.

Edgar's another guy that could plausibly beat him considering he probably should have got the nod in the rematch. Though Bendo could also plausibly mop the floor with him again like he did in the first fight.

both alvarez and melendez are undeserving of immediate title shots.

they should have to win at least once in the UFC against a top 5 opponent before getting the chance.

meh, neither of them have really impressive resumes in the last 2 years.

Melendez will get the title fight first probably because Alvarez will still be in court with Bellatore.

Alrite!!! Gilbert in the UFC

Mendez will get tool'd by Edgar, Aldo, Maynard, Cerrone, Henderson.... Bring chandler to the UFC!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back