• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana White: Conor McGregor next opponent Paddy Pimblett - UFC Live, MMA News

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
At first I thought it was some sort of a random trollish video and it was live and then I realized it was the official UFC youtube channel I was like wait wtf.. I had to make sure that it was not the wine I was sipping on making me see things..

Is this shxt even real can someone verify this...

If this thing is real it would be one of the craziest bookings perhaps the most trash talking fight.. Oh man they can both talk some filthy shxt gonna be entertaining that is for sure...

I am all for this fight all tho Conor will come into this fight as huge favourite

Last edited:
paddy on the way up and conor going down, if true it's like a changing of the guard and the ufc is done with mcgregor (think he only has 1 fight left)

paddy on the way up and conor going down, if true it's like a changing of the guard and the ufc is done with mcgregor (think he only has 1 fight left)

Conor is still heavy favourite over Paddy and there is much bigger chance that he stops Pimblett. Not exactly a tune up fight or build up fight of any sorts but rather it could turn into a big fight if Conor signs on the fight..

Wasn't McGregor boxing Mayweather? Oh well, this is a much more fun fight. And once Paddy has won, he gets to box Mayweather.

they are trying to build Paddy's stock though, a loss wouldn't do that, cant see this happening

I actually think this fight makes a lot of sense.

Sporting-wise: Paddy is a grappler with sloppy striking, Conor is a striker with questionable grappling and a horrendous gas tank.

Business-wise: Conor is still one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draws in combat sports; was the Forbes highest paid athlete in the world last year. The guy needs a tune-up if the UFC wants to maintain that somehow still incredible drawing power. All the all-time boxing greats had tune-up fights between big bouts, not sure why UFC is so adverse to it.

With these two personalities, and Conor being one of the most famous athletes on the planet, this will draw a lot of eyeballs. Either Conor gets some much needed momentum or Paddy gets catapulted into fame and future drawing power.

This makes sense and it should be entertaining in and out of the cage. Hope it's legit.

Matchup makes sense for the UFC.

They want to keep building Paddy up, this would be a great opportunity. Conor is a terrible fighter nowadays, but he still has a huge fanbase and casuals still think he’s good, so this would actually appear to be a good win for Paddy(in reality, Conor isn’t much better than Jordan Leavitt right now).

If he loses, it’s a way to get Conor back in the mix and build him back up. If Conor fights almost any top-15 guy, he gets massacred and it essentially ends his UFC run IMO.

It's a fake channel.

Yeah because the real UFC channel would only have ONE video on their channel.
Its fake.

fake-news.gif

I could see the fight happening the future but Paddy is not on that level yet to be a worldwide star, he needs a few PPV fights in america first and at least one decent win. Right now he's just a glorified can crusher even lower on the ladder than O'malley in terms of competition faced.

Subscription for that channel in the low hundred thousands. UFC official channel has close to 10million subscribers. Fake channel that is replaying an interview, acting like it is live. LOL.

Last edited:
If it's true PaddyCake is in for a quick nap. He gets hit way too much, Conor sleeps him within 1 round.

Back