Dana White cares about Jon Jones

I do agree with Jones that the UFC brand and the fighters on the undercard aren't his responsibility, and the fact that he was apparently shouldering that entire card is the UFC's fault.

All of that said, the fight with Chael Sonnen was extremely low risk. Chael is a MW and Jones, unlike Chael, had actually been training for a championship fight. It does seem like Jackson has more confidence in his own game-planning and prep work than he does in the abilities of his fighters.

Even with that said I still don't blame Jones for this. When you're a young guy and one of the most accomplished camps in the sport tells you something will be the worst decision of your career you can't just ignore it.

Even with that said I still don't blame Jones for this. When you're a young guy and one of the most accomplished camps in the sport tells you something will be the worst decision of your career you can't just ignore it.

You know I never thought of it like that. Maybe Jon was planning on taking the fight but Greg had a talk with him and said it would be a bad decision. I would imagine Jon trusts Greg and his coaches much more than Dana or any business man.

I understand why it could of been a mistake on Jon's part to not take the fight, especially because of how easily he destroyed Chael in their eventual fight. But to me this whole situation really shows that Dana is not looking out for his fighter's best interests, so Jon looking out for himself is something I can't blame him for when you got the greedy bald bastard running the show.

He doesn't care, it's just a convenient way to divert negative attention for the UFC toward concern for Jon Jones.

Back