Dana White: BJ Penn should have been one of the best 'to ever live'

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
In an interview from Dana White with TMZ, he's still the first name that comes to mind for many when they think "guy who could have been better

"That's a loaded question. Listen, there's guys and girls that probably don't reach their potential, because they don't... BJ Penn. "BJ Penn probably should have been one of the best ever, to ever live, to ever do it. But, BJ was so talented, you know. I just... I don't know. I think BJ, in his own words, would go back and do things differently if he could."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/2...l-fighters-bj-penn-best-every-legacy-mma-news

Last edited:
I agree.

12269745_1580992372125668_1358336426_n.jpg

While BJ may have been Dana's hero.....He's always been my zero.

I don't disagree. Great stand-up, awesome jitz, good wrestling.
Unfortunately he married that up with poor cardio, shitty game planning and an absolute refusal to listen to anyone who told him he was wrong.

Well it's true. And he still beat Frankie the first time :)

in before Tonycpa (he disappeared since GSP bailed) ejaculates BJ Penn hatred.

Penn is a hall of famer...his flaws is that, he didn't associate his amazing skills with better work ethics....

Damn it, I hate when I agree with Dana.

Nah, he'd still call out prime Wand and fight Machida, Renzo, GSP, Hughes, Fitch, Nick, etc. And that's why he is one of the best ever. Let's see how Alvarez does against Lawler or Gus, for some perspective.

Bj Penn is arguably the best ever. He has 2 belts and was arguably the best in 2 weight divisions. Something no other fighter has done.

It hurts as a BJ fan that he only stuck with Marinovich for 2 camps

The guy had amazing natural ability and talent, but unfortunately it was married to a rich and lazy slob.

I still think BJ goes down as one of the best ever.

I believe he is one of the best ever still.

Back