Dana White Admits: "This IS The Ronda Rousey Show, This Could Last 1 Year Or Forever"

Hopefully a year

Wow.

Dana is a real tool.

Why? Because he is realistic?

Rousey is what made WMMA in the UFC. If it has no marketable stars, it has no reason to continue promoting WMMA. They are the top tier MMA org. They have to produce a top tier product.

Because she's making Hollywood money and acting is hard when your arm is in a sling.

Yep.

Carano isn't going to get paid peanuts in the UFC to train all the time and get punched in the face when she can make good money in films, getting paid to fight for fake.

She's never coming back, unless something goes horribly wrong with her acting career. Even Heath Ledger was able to retire from fighting doing shit B movies. ;) I think Carano, who has already starred in a Soderberg film, and is in the next Fast and the Furious, will be okay financially.

Please be a year, Please be a year, Please be a year, Please be a year.

So basically they're going to drop women's MMA the second Rousey loses. Sounds legit.

They're going to drop the women's division if it becomes a liability, to the point where they can't turn a profit on a card it headlines.

I think the division is here to stay, but if anyone beats Ronda it'll probably get defended exclusively on FUEL TV.

this translates as "I think she is really hot and have some kind of creepy old man crush on her, so we gave her a shiny belt and a PPV headliner...maybe now she will let me give her the D."

I hope this blows up in their faces, this is the wrong reason to start a WMMA division.

Please be a year, Please be a year, Please be a year, Please be a year.

Diaz125 you should change you name if you do not support WMMA, I dont think your idol does not improve.

The problem with Women's MMA is that the girls have to be both good and pretty. The demographic the UFC relies on are masculine type men that want to see attractive girls that are competitive with each other.

Being a good fighter alone for women isn't going to sell that well to this demographic. They are going to have to deepen the pool with women who are both attractive and talented. The problem is the pool appears to be too shallow. There aren't enough that can be competitive with each other as their weights are all so very different.

Dana is saying the division has no credibility outside of one woman. I don't know if I respect that or not.

She will never make 135 again......hell 3 of her last 5 fights at 145 she came in heavy everytime & they gave her a bye.....such bullshit...I was happy as hell when the "manling" Cyborg whipped her sorry, overweight ass!:icon_chee

right. but she wont come back tho. if she does ronda is gonna ragdoll and arm bar her or cyborg is going to ragdoll and beat her up once again. she should stay making horrible movies.

Back