• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana: We'll keep Shara on Saudi cards, he probably can't fight in the US

Shara seems to think he can fight in the US as he's calling out Kevin Holland for Denver.

Shara is a striking heavy action fighter with a unique look, that was his hype, no one expected him to become champ, or if they did, they quickly changed their minds after his first fight.

He will likely fight 2 times a year if they do the Saudi thing regularly, so once in Saudi and once in UAE.
Saudi "thing" will be regular for 100%. UFC does not want into Europe because they are losing profit due to moving staff and etc. into Europe. In Saudi its same but Saudi's cover the loss of profit from their own pocket. Otherwise Ankalaev, Chimaev, Shara and etc... couldn't even be in UFC.

....Yes - Ankalaev cant fight in USA anymore too.
I don't get it, if it's because of Kadyrov then several western fighters would not fight in the US either...
Its kinda different when u are resident of country which is considered as terrorist regime by 90% of world. Mainly if u are part of circle used for propaganda about how ur country is "great".

BTW who was connected to Kadyrov in recent years? I can only think about Usman, Gaethej and Cejudo...and by what i know it was all work of their "smart" manager.

I think Saudi Arabia will be bi-annual for the next few years. One PPV and one card on ABC/ESPN.

Abu Dhabi seems to be annual, and I think there's a chance they go to Dubai at the same time, meaning they would visit the Middle East 4 times a year.

I think Saudi Arabia will be bi-annual for the next few years. One PPV and one card on ABC/ESPN.

Abu Dhabi seems to be annual, and I think there's a chance they go to Dubai at the same time, meaning they would visit the Middle East 4 times a year.

Their new deal with Abu Dhabi definitely has them going at least twice a year. Tbh while I'm not a big fan of the regimes I am all for fighters who can't get a visa to fight in the US for bullshit reasons having options to fight.

Welp not that he was ever touching the title but he isn't gonna be fighting in the US where most cards are.

That's pretty restrictive in terms of fighting opportunities. Unless they plan to hold a bunch of cards there moving forward...We're worlds away from this scenario, and definitely years of takedown defense training away as well, but let's say the guy was to become champ at some point, what do you do? Book him twice a year to fight, and expect him not to get injured and having to pull out ever?

What's the deal with his eye? It looks dead for sure, but is it just some weirdass discolouration, or he actually can't see with it?

BTW

Shara is actually in USA right now, so It must be a thing with his eye why he can fight there.

Or maybe something else changed.

I doubt it's his eye stopping him from fighting.

It's probably the assault he was charged with when he attacked a couple kissing in Dagestan at a mall and kicked the crap out of them.

Of course it is based on what part of the world they are form. That is why Khamzat (a Chechen pictured with Kadyrov) is banned from US/Europe/Australia/South America while Cejudo/Kamaru/Gaethje/Werdum (Americans/West Hem people also pictured with Kadyrov) are not banned from US/Europe/Australia/South America.
There's a difference between taking a picture with Kadyrov and having a relationship with him. Khamzat has strong connections, regularly hangs out with him and has taken a ton of gifts. They are best buds.

Also as American citizens Gaethje, Usman, etc. don't need to worry about their visa status.

BTW

Shara is actually in USA right now, so It must be a thing with his eye why he can fight there.

Or maybe something else changed.
You need vision in both eyes to fight in most state commission sanctioned bouts. Bisping has talked about how he fooled the medical tests for the last part of his career.

Back