Dana wants Khabib rematch more than Conor

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
At the post fight presser Dana kept going off about Conor vs Khabib 2 being the fight to make.

But when Conor joined and spoke of what's next for him he focused more on Masvidal or Nate Trilogy, even a possible Usman match.

Is Conor scared of the rematch or is he just acting uninterested because he knows Khabib may not grant it?

McGregor knows that even at his best Khabib is going to be a problem. I think Conar feels more confident against anyone else.

Meh - I kind of interpreted it all as Conor not wanting to limit his options by calling someone out.

Honestly - the door is probably open for something crazy, like him vs Pac or Mayweather 2 next and I think he knows that

I think he wants it. I also think he wants to be sharp and active when he gets it. The fight will be huge if he's on a win streak when it happens. He knows the success he had in the past was due to him being active. Dana might be disappointed to find out that neither Conor nor Khabib wants a rematch right now.

At the post fight presser Dana kept going off about Conor vs Khabib 2 being the fight to make.

But when Conor joined and spoke of what's next for him he focused more on Masvidal or Nate Trilogy, even a possible Usman match.

Is Conor scared of the rematch or is he just acting uninterested because he knows Khabib may not grant it?

Khabib SHIT ON BUS.

I think he wants it. I also think he wants to be sharp and active when he gets it. The fight will be huge if he's on a win streak when it happens. He knows the success he had in the past was due to him being active. Dana might be disappointed to find out that neither Conor nor Khabib wants a rematch right now.
I agree, good post.

Lol Conor isnt rushing things like Dana wants. Conor said himself he isn't ready yet.

Lol Conor isnt rushing things like Dana wants. Conor said himself he isn't ready yet.

He said a number of times over the last 15 months that he was in fact ready for Khabib

I agree, I think Conor doesn’t want to cut wait and doesn’t feel ready for another humiliating loss, he’d rather stay at 170 for some money fights with Diaz and Masvidal.

Dana wants $$$ and this is huge money. He should think long term because the rematch will heavily favor khabib still. The longer conor fights and wins the more $ dana makes.
Conor won’t fight khabib next. Justin deserves it after tony. Or let Conor fight Justin.

unless Khabib loses to Tony... then a rematch would be fine, allowing Justin to fight for the title.

It's also a weight thing right. maybe Conor wants to stay at 170

Honestly if Conrat is serious about a Khabib rematch he should get at least 1 fight in prior with a good grappler otherwise the excuses will flow once he inevitably get's battered again.

He saw Floyd's tweet.

That is the fight he wants and will dump MMA the second that it is available.

It’s so fucking irritating Dana is talking about Conor / Khabib rematch BEFORE Conor beat Cerrone and BEFORE Khabib beats Ferguson. He should have said ‘winner fights winner of these two fights’ to seem less like a Conor cock slurper

He saw Floyd's tweet.

That is the fight he wants and will dump MMA the second that it is available.

Than Floyd can get in the Cage with Conor and get blasted.. Fuck boxing..

Smart move by conor really. Second loss to Khabib is pretty damning for him. He's got other fresh matches he can make big money with that if he happens to lose any of them wouldn't be his second loss to those guys or if it is would at least be the culmination of a trilogy(i don't think conor loses to nate at this stage). As long as hes not holding up divisions or getting fast tracked to stuff he hasn't earned on merit i'm fine with it. His vs Mas would be a big seller, and it dosen't lock up either WW or LW. Same with a nate fight. Not so down for the usman match though.

They're trying to bring down Jorge Masvidal's price by throwing out different names so Jorge can't get the huge money he wants by making it look like Conor has Pacquiao , Khabib or anyone else waiting on the wings...

Back