Dana to khabib: why the hell do you wanna test still if your not gonna fight

He's serviceable on the feet. That's all he needs, but it's not like it's going to be good for him if he can't get Chandler down or stays standing for an extended period with any of the top contenders at LW (and no Iaquinta isn't a top contender).
He's stayed standing with McGregor for the entire 3rd round and Gaethje, the first round.. and his striking looked more than "serviceable".

It's a fallacy to suggest he can't stand with the top contenders at LW.

Agreed. Some have stated it’s a certainty that usman would win, but when have we ever said that about khabib fighting anyone? Doesn’t that in itself make the fight interesting? It’s the same reason why people want to see stipe vs jon, it’s a fight where a guy who has realistically never been an underdog is going into a fight expected to lose. A win under that kind of adversity would be huge for their legacy. Not to mention that when faced with an outstanding wrestler in Covington, usman boxed for 5 rounds in what ended up being a really entertaining fight. If those two ended up in some kind of a stalemate and ended up in a 5 round war it would be quite interesting
Whoever said that's a certainty is nuts imo. I don't think WW has a world-beater level talent since GSP. I'm not saying the division is weak. The top 10 are solid, but I don't think Usman is at the same level as the dominant champions we've seen. I think he's more at the skill level of a zero defense champion or a #2 guy who gets stuck behind a dominant champion (like Jon Fitch or Joe Benavidez), if that makes sense.

I think Khabib would give him a war just like Colby did.

I don’t find it likely. Statistically 155 to 170 is a massive jump. It’s so massive, that we’ve been talking about restructuring weight to accommodate a 165 lb division, right? And usman is physically huge for 170. Massive reach, very strong. I think it would end up with usman as a slight favorite. Especially if usman beats burns, because at that point khabib would be fighting someone who has essentially cleared out a division of elite wrestlers and ground guys.
I think if Khabib puts on 5-10 lbs of muscle he'd be a good size for WW and at least as big as if not bigger than Usman's last two opponents (Burns and Mas are both former LWs).

At that point, skill would be the deciding factor (even though strength would play a part, just less so) and Khabib is a lot more skilled than Usman. Agreed though that Usman would be favorite if he beats Burns dominantly. But I don't see that happening.

He'll get destroyed by Usman.

Not just the nightmare but I think Colby as well and a good number of WWs would dismantle Habib.

Habibs Infamous pressure style of wrestling is effective because of his strength and ability to put his weight on other fighters. He can’t get away with that with Usman and Colby who are much stronger wrestlers.

Johnson rocked and wobbled khabib in the stand up multiple times. The idea that Khabib is flawless is asinine and something for his fanboys.

Usman imo is too strong, has better striking, and packs more punch than khabib. Khabib would get destroyed.

Last edited:
I don’t find it likely. Statistically 155 to 170 is a massive jump. It’s so massive, that we’ve been talking about restructuring weight to accommodate a 165 lb division, right?
Which makes no damn sense, btw. You'd either keep 170 and have two divisions only 5lbs apart or move 170 down to 165 and then have a 20lbs jump to MW. What would make the most sense imo is to make the divisions go 130, 140, 150, 160, 170. That fixes the big jump to 170 and leaves the upper weights alone if you don't want to restructure them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Khabib comes back to take out whoever floats to the top of the LW division or like a GSP fight if it comes. But if it were Conor or something he would just stay retired.

Dana is trying to put the bug in everyone’s ear. Let’s be honest, apart from khabib vs GSP or Conor vs khabib, does anyone really have interest in a return? No one wants to see this guy absolutely body tony Ferguson to get to 30-0. No one wants to see Michael chandler get a win over cowboy to challenge khabib for the title and get fucking murdered.

He doesn’t really have anything left to prove in the current division IMO. He’s been so dominant, and the GSP and Conor fights would be for entertainments sake. He’s not going to lose.

to be fair i'd certainly like to see him body Tony

If he comes back this means he lied?
It just can mean that he spoke to his mother and changed her mind.

Daniel Cormier is also still testing.

Duh. If there is a payday fighter, of course he is going to fight.

Chimaev if he beats Edwards would be a much tougher task for Khabib than Usman and would be the only betting odds favorite against Khabib IMO.

Somebody who's gonna be nearly impossible to take down, has destructive 1 punch KO power and a lot of those same sambo skills. Usman's striking is not better than Khabib's.

Iaquinta or McGregor, one of those guys was the best grappler Khabib ever fought. Outside of Tibau who he arguably lost to.

Yep.. it's abundantly clear that you're not actually aware of the majority of individuals Khabib has fought..?

McGregor and Raging Al are better grappler's than RDA or Gaethje, who's defensive wrestling has been hyped for years..

<LikeReally5>

Whoever said that's a certainty is nuts imo. I don't think WW has a world-beater level talent since GSP. I'm not saying the division is weak. The top 10 are solid, but I don't think Usman is at the same level as the dominant champions we've seen. I think he's more at the skill level of a zero defense champion or a #2 guy who gets stuck behind a dominant champion (like Jon Fitch or Joe Benavidez), if that makes sense.

I think Khabib would give him a war just like Colby did.
I think your perception is a bit off. I mean, he really smoked mas and woodley. Those fights weren’t close at all. And he’s never really looked vulnerable apart from his colby fight. Burns is going to be the real big test. If he looks good in that fight, I think he’s going to be a champion for a long ass time. You’re opinion seems to be that you feel usman is a champion who rose to power at the right time, more so than by his own action, is that correct? Personally I’ve thought volkanovski and usman are likely to be the longest standing champions of the guys who currently have titles.

Usman couldn't even destroy Masvidal, just held him against the fence and foot stomped him, how would he destroy Khabib.

Sherdoggers would be surprised by how technically superior Khabib would look against Usman if he put on 5-10 lbs of muscle for WW. He would probably sub him with a kimura or omoplata.
Khabib has been put in the hospital because of his weight cut, but even still he has never entertained the idea of moving up to 170. Why do you think that is?

his delusional fans take his words as the gospel truth. they see him as a man who keeps his words and never lies.
if hes really "honest" about retiring why is he still testing if hes not gonna fight?
Clutching on straws. You stupid

Oh man, I don't think so lol. Usman kills him imo.

I think the days of BJ Penn moving up to WW in the stone-age and "bronze age" of MMA are largely over. He was sort of hanging with GSP but dominated. He beat Hughes once or twice I guess.

I know Burns is an example right now, but I think it's pretty clear he's gotten much bigger and is on some acai bowls possibly.

Specifically right now I just think there's a ton of bad match-ups for Khabib at 170. He never really fought actual wrestlers at 155 during his run. Name one. And yes we can call Gaethje a college wrestler but he literally never wrestled in MMA.

Iaquinta or McGregor, one of those guys was the best grappler Khabib ever fought. Outside of Tibau who he arguably lost to.

I'm not trying to bash Khabib at all here, I just think the idea of him moving to 170 and having success at the top levels is outlandish. If he was favored over the likes of Colby or Usman it would be easy money to make. He's not beating those guys. He's not taking them down.

He doesnt need to get usman down IMO, Colby could be a worse match up.

Khabib is working the angle with his mom. He really wants GSP to cap it off. Once he gets the blessing, he'll come back.

I think your perception is a bit off. I mean, he really smoked mas and woodley. Those fights weren’t close at all. And he’s never really looked vulnerable apart from his colby fight. Burns is going to be the real big test. If he looks good in that fight, I think he’s going to be a champion for a long ass time. You’re opinion seems to be that you feel usman is a champion who rose to power at the right time, more so than by his own action, is that correct? Personally I’ve thought volkanovski and usman are likely to be the longest standing champions of the guys who currently have titles.
Yes, that is more or less my perception of Usman, although I would amend "his own action" to be something more like "his own ability". I would never want to discount the hard work he has put in.

The Woodley performance would mean a lot more to me if Woodley didn't look like complete dog shit in his next two fights. There were rumors of Woodley living that champ life and not doing what he should be doing before and after the Usman fight. I know some people who rub shoulders with him and the general consensus among them is that he's had one foot out the door for awhile.

The Mas fight doesn't mean much to me because I honestly don't think Mas belongs in the top 5 and I think many strong grapplers at 155 and 170 are capable of doing exactly what Usman did to him.

I agree that Burns will be a great test.

Back