• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana says Conor will earn title shot with win over #9 ranked Cerrone

Pat for the course. Look at Romero and Jacare. The UFC toasted much of their primes while they deserved shots. The only reason I don’t bitch more is I dislike Brazilian cheats. A picogram is nothing to me, but a peso gram is different.

Then we just have to agree to disagree. Where the fuck are the 45ers he beat now outside of young max? How about those 3 or 4 stud grapplers that were high in the rankings at the time that Conor conveniently never had to face?
guys fall off, but they were decent wins at the time.

stud grapplers.. like mendes?

i'm not saying it was the hardest road to a titleshot, but it was nowhere near easy or " gifted ". there are guys who get titleshots coming off losses ffs, hell edgar got one at FW coming off 2 losses.

We all knew this was going to happen since Diaz was being a pain in the ass. They kept Diaz in the top ten and he hasn’t fought in a long time. The moment they let him drop. Cowboy was going to take his spot

Is this a joke? Why can't he earn it against a top 5, or better yet Ferg, who wants a red panty night and is now being shelved until next November?

This shit is the reason why I stream 99% of ufc content for free. They want to carry themselves like this is a big joke, that's exactly how I'll treat them.

1. Ferg - 11 straight wins.
3. Dustin - 9-1-1 in his last 11
4. Iaquinta - 6-1 in his last 7
5. Lee - 6-2 in his last 8

9. Cerrone - 3-4 in his last 7 fights, suffered three knockouts, aging and chin cracking

Dana feeding cans to Conor as usual.

Look forward to Conor cheating even more profusely in the Khabib rematch. Pant-grabbing, glove grabbing, 12-6 elbows to the back of the head, illegal knees weren't enough? ok, let's try eyepokes now!
He couldn't win with the ref letting him cheat, maybe next time let him use weapons.

He'll also earn a title shot if he suffers a devastating loss. Dana White

guys fall off, but they were decent wins at the time.

stud grapplers.. like mendes?

i'm not saying it was the hardest road to a titleshot, but it was nowhere near easy or " gifted ". there are guys who get titleshots coming off losses ffs, hell edgar got one at FW coming off 2 losses.
To be fair to Edgar, he was a former champ dropping to a more natural weight class, and his loses were close decisions to a 190 pound lightweight ... so thats a little different.

There were quite a few grapplers at the time, Mendes and Edgar being the big name ones, and I think Lamas and the other escapes me. Instead, Conor fought non-ranked guys, and poirier. Then Mendes which barely even counts considering the circumstances, and Siver. All in the course of what 2 years? The UFC definitely had a lot to do with it, marketing, protection, fast track. Just lame, and now MMA is a shit show because of people like Ronda/Conor/Brock getting special boxing style treatment.

this-is-number-one-bullshit.jpg

Very stupid imo. Conor wants to be champ so he can use the belt as leverage against the UFC and outside of the UFC. The man has never attempted to defend a belt yet, and he's not going to start now. Give him fun fights. Give him fights fans want to see. That's the way the UFC needs to use Conor. The Cowboy fight is exactly the kind of fight they should be making.

But keep him far, far away from titles.

Mark my words, Cerrone will grapplefuck and submit Conor in one round. He won’t stand there with him like he did Hernandez I can assure everyone that much. He will clinch, trip and catch him or die trying. Granted Conor will have the power in his hands, but Cerrone has great, yes, great takedowns and spectacular submissions.

Mark my words, Cerrone will grapplefuck and submit Conor in one round. He won’t stand there with him like he did Hernandez I can assure everyone that much. He will clinch, trip and catch him or die trying. Granted Conor will have the power in his hands, but Cerrone has great, yes, great takedowns and spectacular submissions.

Cerrone basically always stands at first. Although I agree he should go for a takedown early.

Biggest star in mma man. I'm surprised they just aren't giving him a title shot at 170 or making the 165 division and making him champ by default
I understand 170 because Woodley would beat him in a coma.
I do agree about 165 though.

Lol. People should be thankful he even has to fight someone else first.

Cerrone is tailor made to make him shine again and their best shot to recreate the old hype.

On the other hand a Cerrone win would be poetic.

I can live with this match up.

Who cares, both Tony and Khabib will smoke him. In the octagon daddy Dana can't help him.

Now that Eddie Alvarez is not champion anymore Conor won't ever get that LW belt back.

Why the upset over this?

Conor is a multiple weight champ, first guy to be champ champ, & more importantly the company's biggest ever draw. I'm surprised they'd risk him against Cerrone & didn't find a way to bounce Dennis Siver back in the rankings.

Also a lot of people appear to be sleeping on Cerrone, if Conor beats him regardless of where he is currently ranked that must put him near the top of the division & in contention for the title.

He would not be a “champ champ” if he was not pushed to the front of the line at LW. Yes he beat Eddie but Eddie is not the best at LW and there is no way he makes it past the top guys like Khabib and Tony.

He would not be a “champ champ” if he was not pushed to the front of the line at LW. Yes he beat Eddie but Eddie is not the best at LW and there is no way he makes it past the top guys like Khabib and Tony.

Blah blah blah

Over the years lots of people have been pushed to a title shot but if they beat the champ then they're the champ, hope that's not too difficult for you to understand.

Sadly being the champ doesn't always mean you're the best in the division ala Bisping, conor and too many others to mention. But regardless of how you rate them they are still champions.

Back