Media Dana questions Montano's future.

Her Wiki has her ethnic descent as Navajo, Chicasaw, and Hispanic. Which leads to the question, who exactly are her people to which she's a hero?

I think you missed the irony in the post you're asking about.

Goat site

Nicco-Montano-Feet-5771599.jpg

GOAT soles.

Since she's clearly not very interested in an MMA career she should join PFL and make a quick million by fighting complete and utter cans.

I think you missed the irony in the post you're asking about.
"Nicco Montano is a hero to her people. Unfortunately, her people are overeaters."

I get the joke, but "no", I don't see any irony.

"Nicco Montano is a hero to her people. Unfortunately, her people are overeaters."

I get the joke, but "no", I don't see any irony.

"No"? What do the scare quotes mean?

In Keith Donnellan's terms, "her people are overeaters" was an attributive use of a definite description, not a referential one. In light of that, it doesn't make sense to tie said description to a given tribe. Those who overeat are her people, regardless of their ethnicity.

Since people are still talking about this, has anyone noticed that there are more inactive women than men?

"No"? What do the scare quotes mean?

In Keith Donnellan's terms, "her people are overeaters" was an attributive use of a definite description, not a referential one. In light of that, it doesn't make sense to tie said description to a given tribe. Those who overeat are her people, regardless of their ethnicity.
Okay, so how is that "irony".

Okay, so how is that "irony".

Irony works based on a reversal of expectations. In this case, the allusion to heroism evokes some achievement that others look up to; then the next sentence lets on that this is tied to her overeating, which isn't something anyone looks up to.

Back