Dana Post Fight Intv

Are you truly serious in saying Jones did not try to wrestle?
God and you people say we shogun fans are delusional. Alex's great footwork kept Jones from shooting and even when he was able to clinch Alex had such long legs that JJ could not complete the double.
Alex should have won end of story, JJ won, big deal. Moving on.

There's a diffrence between an atempted shot to take someone down and shooting to shut down offence and reposition someone to another spot in the octagon. You have to understand wrestling to know what you're seeing. Jones won a stand up fight and didn't attempt to bring the fight to the ground.

Horrible gameplan on Jones part, if you don't believe me... when Gus earns his way back to a rematch you'll see what I mean. Actually wait on Jones' statements when he makes some and he'll say he wanted to stand with Gus.

FOTY for sure. Maybe even the best LHW title fight the UFC has ever seen. I scored it 3 rounds to 2 for Gus, but i can see how others score it for Bones. For me it was the 2 take downs Gus scored and the take down defense and boxing clinic he put on. JBJ was active with his kicks, but for ever pirouette kick or thigh kick he would land he would eat a 2 or 3 punch combo for his trouble. Even the lone take down Jones did have was negated immediately when he let the lanky Swede back up to his feet straight away. Plus he got stuffed 10/11 times. In the end i think it was his gas tank that fooled the judges. He landed some devastating blows in the last 2 rounds, but by then Gus had done enough to earn the victory IMO.

FOTY for sure. Maybe even the best LHW title fight the UFC has ever seen. I scored it 3 rounds to 2 for Gus, but i can see how others score it for Bones. For me it was the 2 take downs Gus scored and the take down defense and boxing clinic he put on. JBJ was active with his kicks, but for ever pirouette kick or thigh kick he would land he would eat a 2 or 3 punch combo for his trouble. Even the lone take down Jones did have was negated immediately when he let the lanky Swede back up to his feet straight away. Plus he got stuffed 10/11 times. In the end i think it was his gas tank that fooled the judges. He landed some devastating blows in the last 2 rounds, but by then Gus had done enough to earn the victory IMO.

Yep, that's it. Jones had some flashy kicks and spinning elbows that looked like they landed but didn't. Other than that his ineffectual TDs were the story of the fight. Gus caused more damage and his standup had more to do with JJs standup than vice versa.

Meh, a rematch isn't really interesting. Gus' only chance was to outstrike Jones... and Jones out struck him and hurt him bad.

gus handled jones for 20mins before one good elbow= gus outstruck jones

I don't know why everyone's been writing Dana doesn't want a rematch. From the likesof this video it appears that's the most likely scenario and he was just so overwhelmed by a huge event he hadn't given it much though. This rematch will happen and I don't know why it wouldn't it would sell a lot of PPV's.

I don't know why everyone's been writing Dana doesn't want a rematch. From the likesof this video it appears that's the most likely scenario and he was just so overwhelmed by a huge event he hadn't given it much though. This rematch will happen and I don't know why it wouldn't it would sell a lot of PPV's.

Glover deserves a shot but I'd watch a rematch instead if it was offered. But either way give Gus another fight and he'll be ready for a rematch.

Gus won the first 3 rounds, and JJ won the last two. As simple as that, these judges are fucked in the head. Wonder which legendary judge scored it a 49-46 for Jones lmao..

I disagree.

I thought Jones won it, as did the judges and most publications. I think Gus fought a little too cautiously and it cost him.

It was a close fight, but I don't think there should be any controversy.

60% of Sherdog and a great number of pros who have no skin in the game (Barnett, Leben, Bisping, Rockhold) called it for Gus.

So very much by definition, there is controversy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back