Dana Post Fight Intv

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
[YT]hoKc0z_YkiI[/YT]​

I disagree hugely with him saying the fight was all about height and reach......those things mean little if the person isn't talented and knows how to use them.

Gustaffson did what he did tonight because he's very talented. And let's not forget that Jones still had a reach advantage.

Meh, a rematch isn't really interesting. Gus' only chance was to outstrike Jones... and Jones out struck him and hurt him bad.

Meh, a rematch isn't really interesting. Gus' only chance was to outstrike Jones... and Jones out struck him and hurt him bad.

lol

Jones eeked past him in a wildly competitive decision and went to the hospital with a face that looks like he got tied up in a bag and rolled down a stoney hillside.

I scored it 3-2 for Gus, but either way, nobody clearly won that fight. He could arguably fight that exact same style again and get the nod. It will be one of the most anticipated rematches in the history of the sport.

..Well at this point Dana HAS to set up a rematch because if you think about it Jon Jones has now effectively cleaned out the entire LHW division and he has said he is not ready for HW yet, so a re-match has to be on the cards for Dana's sake, considering nobody really wants to see Jones take on anybody else at LHW unless Cormier does drop down.

Dana White:

The doctors were going to stop the fight between the fourth and fifth rounds. Jones pleaded with them not to stop it...and McCarthy too.

Wow.

lol

Jones eeked past him in a wildly competitive decision and went to the hospital with a face that looks like he got tied up in a bag and rolled down a stoney hillside.

I scored it 3-2 for Gus, but either way, nobody clearly won that fight. He could arguably fight that exact same style again and get the nod. It will be one of the most anticipated rematches in the history of the sport.

Jones did basically no wrestling tonight, and he won a good amount of the exchanges.

Now imagine a rematch where Jones says fuck it, I'm not going to try and prove anything... I'm going out there and do what Jon Jones does.

Let Gus fight the winner of Evans/Sonnen before he gets another shot at Jones

Jones did basically no wrestling tonight, and he won a good amount of the exchanges.

Now imagine a rematch where Jones says fuck it, I'm not going to try and prove anything... I'm going out there and do what Jon Jones does.

You mean the 9 take down attempts Jones got stuffed? You call that 'no wrestling'

I just realized I've been trolled. My mistake, thanks for playing.

nobody clearly won that fight

I disagree.

I thought Jones won it, as did the judges and most publications. I think Gus fought a little too cautiously and it cost him.

It was a close fight, but I don't think there should be any controversy.

You mean the 9 take down attempts Jones got stuffed? You call that 'no wrestling'

I just realized I've been trolled. My mistake, thanks for playing.

If you think Gus should get credit for stuffing a takedown attempt, where Jones clasped his legs pushed him to the fence let go and hit a barage of spinning elbows is attempted wrestling...

I guess you don't understand MMA as well as you think you do.

Last edited:
Is heigth a word? the fuck, I always thought it was called height

Heighth is not a word. continue using it correctly. it is in fact height

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary website even goes so far as to state that "heighth" is no where to be found in their dictionary

lol

Haha! Yep.

Da fuk?
Did you not see Alex block and slip 80% of the strikes Jones threw?
Jones went into survival mode at the end of Rd 3. It was a pretty even fight, I however saw Gustafsson blocking more than Jones. At the end of the fight it was clear Jones thought he had lost.

Are you truly serious in saying Jones did not try to wrestle?
God.... and you people say we shogun fans are delusional. Alex's great footwork kept Jones from shooting and even when he was able to clinch Alex had such long legs that JJ could not complete the double.
Alex should have won end of story, JJ won, big deal. Moving on.

Da fuk?
Did you not see Alex block and slip 80% of the strikes Jones threw?
Jones went into survival mode at the end of Rd 3. It was a pretty even fight, I however saw Gustafsson blocking more than Jones. At the end of the fight it was clear Jones thought he had lost.

An imidiate rematch for gus is bad. he still needs more time to grow. another loss will put him way at the end of the line.

Yes, Jones might even be 3 or 4/10 TDs. And still get out struck in the first three rounds but now Gus knows what championship rounds are, and looked better late than he usually does late despite losing a total of two rounds.

Back