Dana on Eddie Alvarez Signing with the UFC, "It's Gonna Get Ugly"

Is there a merge threads button?

work hard and maybe one day you can be a mod - dont get your hopes up though

on topic, i believe that whast interesting is that dana is talking about it and giving any details - in these kinds of things, i wouldnt expect either party to say something - almost makes it seem like there would be compromise in the future - everything is a negotiation and going to lawsuit can be avoided by a negotiation about payout etc. - seems like this might be the case, but i have no inside info

I'm sure this will end with Dana calling Rebney a dirty scumbag or something like that.

i think dana wants to acquire eddie so when eddie gets dominated he can prove that the ufc has always had the best fighters in the world and that other orgs are a joke compared to the ufc.

i think dana wants to acquire eddie so when eddie gets dominated he can prove that the ufc has always had the best fighters in the world and that other orgs are a joke compared to the ufc.

Didn't he try that with Chuck back in the PRIDE FC days? How'd that work out?

Eddie ain't getting dominated hahaha

Didn't he try that with Chuck back in the PRIDE FC days? How'd that work out?

your telling me that eddie can beat bendo, maynard, or even pettis? it's tough for me to give an unbiased opinion chuck though. that was so long ago and i already know the outcome. eitherway, its win/win for the ufc, eddie wins=the ufc now has the greatest fighters on the planet, eddie loses= the ufc has always had the best fighters and other orgs champions are chumps...

didn't he get dominated by chandler? (serious question btw)

No, that fight was very competitive. Chandler had more "moments" I guess but it was arguably FOTY.

work hard and maybe one day you can be a mod - dont get your hopes up though

on topic, i believe that whast interesting is that dana is talking about it and giving any details - in these kinds of things, i wouldnt expect either party to say something - almost makes it seem like there would be compromise in the future - everything is a negotiation and going to lawsuit can be avoided by a negotiation about payout etc. - seems like this might be the case, but i have no inside info

He was actually trying not to say anything about but as soon as one of the reporters asked if it had to do with the matching period Dana smiled and gave a quote in typical Dana fashion

didn't he get dominated by chandler? (serious question btw)

No, he split 4 rounds with him but that isn't really a knock either - Chandler is. Future top 5 lightweight

I like Eddie but he seems to have some serious problems with his punching defence and I can see him getting starched by a few people in the UFC

No doubt he gets dropped more often then he should but he's resilient and Chandler didn't KO him, just followed with a sub

He was actually trying not to say anything about but as soon as one of the reporters asked if it had to do with the matching period Dana smiled and gave a quote in typical Dana fashion

right absoultely but just like any company, there are certain things that are on limits and off limits in terms of info to divulge - the rest is a sales job - he may be seeming like hes getting conned into giving up info, but that never happens

so whatever is given out is strategic by nature - hes not gonna like fck sht up w a case bc he got emotional and some reporter got him haha - hes the one in control

most of these firms are dying for the ufc's business - without the ufc, they wouldnt have an 'mma' website - so they need the ufc and cater to him

with all due respect, the average person tries to interpolate stuff and dana is the kind of guy who knows what you think and is like 6-7 steps ahead of you - hes in charge of what people think, he knows all the tricks and i think that makes him great at certain things

right absoultely but just like any company, there are certain things that are on limits and off limits in terms of info to divulge - the rest is a sales job - he may be seeming like hes getting conned into giving up info, but that never happens

so whatever is given out is strategic by nature - hes not gonna like fck sht up w a case bc he got emotional and some reporter got him haha - hes the one in control

most of these firms are dying for the ufc's business - without the ufc, they wouldnt have an 'mma' website - so they need the ufc and cater to him

with all due respect, the average person tries to interpolate stuff and dana is the kind of guy who knows what you think and is like 6-7 steps ahead of you - hes in charge of what people think, he knows all the tricks and i think that makes him great at certain things

I totally agree. The way he answered the question definitely made me think he was waiting for it

Back