Dana on Eddie Alvarez Signing with the UFC, "It's Gonna Get Ugly"

i think dana wants to acquire eddie so when eddie gets dominated he can prove that the ufc has always had the best fighters in the world and that other orgs are a joke compared to the ufc.

Iirc Eddie had a time handling a guy on Bullybeatdown. he's in for trouble no matter where he ends up

Iirc Eddie had a time handling a guy on Bullybeatdown. he's in for trouble no matter where he ends up

you definitely don't remember that correctly because he beat the shit out that guy lol

if i remember correctly iirc great new abbrev. that I learned right here on sherdog. prob from that same individual

That's it, a Sherdog exclusive. I lurked for a yr or so, so I wouldn't start/say the typical white belt things ;-)

you definitely don't remember that correctly because he beat the shit out that guy lol

I stand corrected....there was a fighter who got lit up pretty good, from the looks of it, it wasn't Eddie. Thanks for saving a white belts butt man. Although I think he was on there more than once?

I stand corrected....there was a fighter who got lit up pretty good, from the looks of it, it wasn't Eddie. Thanks for saving a white belts butt man

I think it might've been Jake Shields

didn't he get dominated by chandler? (serious question btw)

That was actually a back and forth fight. I had Eddie winning 2 of the rounds before he got finished. He just needs to figure a way to stop getting rocked so much.

I like Eddie but he seems to have some serious problems with his punching defence and I can see him getting starched by a few people in the UFC

Agreed. Guillard, Cerrone, Penn, Miller & Maynard could all easily slip one through and put him out. I like Alvarez and think he's a great addition to the LW div but I don't see him making many big waves.

It was Denny.

Shields submitted the bully 5 times but couldn't knock him out. However, the stand up wasn't close. Shields beat him up.

I wonder if that's in terms of with Bellator or Eddie's agent.

It's got to be bellator because right now eddie has no say in where he's going if bellator matches the UFCs offer then it doesn't matter if Eddie wants to go to the UFC or not legally he has to go back to bellator.

No one thought Benson would do as well as he has. I think Eddie finds some success. May not go on a Bendo like tear, but should be able to hold his own.

Back