• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana "Likes" Ankalaev NEXT For Alex Pereira - *Update* Ankalaev Calls For Fight "Don't Need To Take Him Down"

This is a “no fucking shit” type post

Hell Ian proved your point tonight.

But the fact is.

Everyone Alex has faced since stepping foot into UFC has said they could walk the dog on Alex in stand up.

And have proven themselves to be egotistical liars.

We all know that a game grappler would fuck Alex up.

The hard part is getting past their own ego, absorbing strikes and securing the takedown long enough to win.

Due to the fact that this is MMA, the vast majority of his opponents have felt they could out strike him only to wind up looking like Sarge vs Beetle Bailey.
We don't know that a grappler would fuck him up at all. He's been taken down only a couple times and has done a fairly good job getting to his feet. We don't know that he wouldn't be able to stall or work his way up against a guy with solid wrestler. That's why a fight with Ankalaev is compelling. It would answer questions.

Alex can touch him. There is 0% chance Alex gets touched by this guy. His offensive striking is phenomenal but his defensive movement is so damn good, you have to be an Izzy level striker to put him out.

But I’m sure he could wrestle fuck him.

#1 contender for beating Walker, lmao?
The dummie who doesn't check leg kicks and refuses to wrestle until his legs are toast?
Stop.
after what Jan did to his calfs i can only imagine what alex will do.

It’s funny how ppl are posting about “fear” after Alex just dominantly won by ko.

The insecurity is appalling tbh

Ankalaev is not knocking out pereira on the feet. It’s just way too far fetched an idea to occur

Mark my words - if this fight happens Ankalaev will get EXECUTED

You just saw what happened with Jiri who is KNOWN for having a very good chin

And this fool wants to stand with Alex... There is nothing honorable in taking brain damage intentionally when the other guy is so much better then you are on the feet.

Also keep an eye out on Jiri, we have no idea is his chin toast after this fight.

205 needs a serious infusion of new talent

Seeing Anthony Smith, who's top 10, get absolutely dominated by a MW who is not even top 20 is proof that 205 is hot garbage right now

I'm going to be really angry if he doesn't test Perreira with grappling.

Feeling that Mak vs Charles vibe all around. Remember how Mak was discredited by not having enough top wins, when everyone was avoiding him.
This isn't Islam lol. To a lot of the people who were watching him and knew what they were watching, Islam was rhe best LW on the planet; it was just a matter of him getting a shot. And when he got that shot, he made mincemeat out of Oliviera (which - again - wasn't unexpected for a good subset of MMA fans who were paying attention)

Ank is no Makhachev. He'd a good grappler who doesn't have the best stand up or the best fighting IQ. He may well beat Alex because there's a disparity in grappling there, but it still won't make him Islam (who's en route to going down as either the best fighter in his divisions history, or 2nd best). Ank has no chance. He isn't that well rounded. And isn't as polished.

Mark my words - if this fight happens Ankalaev will get EXECUTED

You just saw what happened with Jiri who is KNOWN for having a very good chin

And this fool wants to stand with Alex... There is nothing honorable in taking brain damage intentionally when the other guy is so much better then you are on the feet.

Also keep an eye out on Jiri, we have no idea is his chin toast after this fight.
He doesn’t want to stand with Alex. He’s not that dumb and he will try to sniff Alex’s crotch for 5 rounds.

Hopefully Alex can KO him quick. I love having a champ who fights often and saves cards. The last thing we need is a neckbeard who only fights every 18 months and is boring.

Back