Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

Usually I don't side with Glover but he should start giving Jones shit, it's the second time he's changed dates and canceled. Also I thought you were a Glover fan, why would you want him to take any other fight besides a title shot?

IMO, Glover should keep busy and a win over Davis would silence most (certainly not all) of his critics who complain about a lack of ranked wins (Glover has 2, Gus has 1, and I think Davis has 2). I think he'd finish Davis and cement his title shot. The last thing I'd want to watch is him go over a year between fights like Rashad, waiting and possibly getting inured.

IMO, Glover should keep busy and a win over Davis would silence most (certainly not all) of his critics who complain about a lack of ranked wins (Glover has 2, Gus has 1, and I think Davis has 2). I think he'd finish Davis and cement his title shot. The last thing I'd want to watch is him go over a year between fights like Rashad, waiting and possibly getting inured.

Fair enough.

A lot of people are overlooking this. I think GSP is getting the same flak, we should give Jones / GSP a tiny bit of elbow room (more-so Jones due to his activity) as they are great champs and just fought hugely difficult wars.

Jones has been able to get away with it due to his divisional dominance against the old guard. now the new guard is coming in and Gus and Glover will give him tough fights. its a horrible idea for Jones to rush into them. Despite what keyboard warriors may say

Who knows what the real reason is. I don't believe a word Dana says

That was MMA's version of The Thrilla in Manilla I guess.

You seem to be a bit emotional about this issue more than others, maybe its a personal issue you have with jones. Jones can say he wants to fight JDS or Cain and its his right to do so, you have no say in it.

Go outside and see the sun, you are bit emotionally pent up. It was a fight and he had a good fight but has been in wars before just like the Gus fight earlier in his career.

Whether or not he was brought down to earth or down to the place you want him to be is something you and I cant answer. We will see going forward if he indeed is brought down to whatever level you wish him to be.

that's grand, you have more posts then me in 1 year and I'm the one that has to go outside. :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear why Jones went from saying "Glover isn't ready to fight me" just before the fight with Alex and just 2-3 days after he's specifically asking for the Glover fight when people want to see the rematch.

I don't think Glover will pose as much problems as Alex did though.

This is a strategic move. Jones has more than enough money and sponsorships to rest between fights and I don't blame him. He doesn't owe it to anyone to immediately throw himself right back into it. I like that he is managing his career how he wants and not how people who couldn't care less about him want him to. Jones is smart.

Not that I give a shit about turning fights into numbers and silly things as "ranked wins" but I'd like to know who you are counting to get those numbers.

that's grand, you have more posts then me in 1 year and I'm the one that has to go outside. :rolleyes:

Can you address his other comments please? I too am interested in the obsession some of you have with Jones being 'humbled,' or 'brought down to earth,' and how you know this has taken place. What is this obsession with wanting this man to behave in a manner that you find acceptable? Jones came into this sport and made himself a millionaire champion in the best MMA promotion on earth. Could it be he knows a little more about what he is doing than you fans of this sport? His 'attitude' also has not stopped him from getting very lucrative sponsorships.

Jones is a fighter and that requires him to give and take beatings. If any of you think the last fight has broken or destroyed him then once again you underestimate the strength of this man. Basically, you'll continue to do it until he actually does lose. Then you'll try to act like some GENIUS, who 'knew it all along,' instead of just admitting that most fighters are going to lose at some point in their career. The arm bar didn't make him give up, Machida didn't make him give up. In his darkest hour when his back was against the wall he didn't fall to strikes like Pierre, or Silva did. He fought through it with what he had and proved who the real champion is. Why are some of you 'fans' so desperate to tarnish what this man has earned. No one has given Jones anything. he EARNED it. If you can't respect that than no way on earth are you real fans of MMA and combat sports.

Can you address his other comments please? I too am interested in the obsession some of you have with Jones being 'humbled,' or 'brought down to earth,' and how you know this has taken place. What is this obsession with wanting this man to behave in a manner that you find acceptable? Jones came into this sport and made himself a millionaire champion in the best MMA promotion on earth. Could it be he knows a little more about what he is doing than you fans of this sport? His 'attitude' also has not stopped him from getting very lucrative sponsorships.

Jones is a fighter and that requires him to give and take beatings. If any of you think the last fight has broken or destroyed him then once again you underestimate the strength of this man. Basically, you'll continue to do it until he actually does lose. Then you'll try to act like some GENIUS, who 'knew it all along,' instead of just admitting that most fighters are going to lose at some point in their career. The arm bar didn't make him give up, Machida didn't make him give up. In his darkest hour when his back was against the wall he didn't fall to strikes like Pierre, or Silva did. He fought through it with what he had and proved who the real champion is. Why are some of you 'fans' so desperate to tarnish what this man has earned. No one has given Jones anything. he EARNED it. If you can't respect that than no way on earth are you real fans of MMA and combat sports.

It's always easier to hate the top dog and there is a lot of irrational hate towards this particular "top dog".

Pancake sprawl just got WRECKED.

Pancake sprawl just got WRECKED.

Wrecked is being kind Chuck wants to add a couple of these too...

chuckpunch1.gif

It's pretty clear why Jones went from saying "Glover isn't ready to fight me" just before the fight with Alex and just 2-3 days after he's specifically asking for the Glover fight when people want to see the rematch.

I don't think Glover will pose as much problems as Alex did though.

Exactly. He wants some extra time preparing for the rematch.

It will be EPIC.

I like how you pretty much shitted on GSP and Anderson to get your weak point across.

Who cares about how much money he makes? Money doesn't make you a good person, or a right person, or any of that. A lot of the worst assholes in the world are rich, are you gonna use their success as a sticking point that no one else is allowed to judge their actions? I mean, they get all the money right? They must be doing the right thing.

He earned my respect in that fight but I will not take back what I said. Look at how many times his next fight has been delayed. If you don't think being in a fight like that doesn't knock you down a step or 2 confidence wise then he really must not be human. I'm sure he will rebuild his confidence again, and be the great fighter he's always been, but now he'll have a different perspective of things I'm sure.

He was talking about boxing the Klitschkos and going to heavyweight to fight Cain, and all these things that were AFTER Gus. Now, that the fight has happened, I don't hear him yappin' about that stuff anymore. And that's because he knows, he got humbled. If there is a guy out there like Gus who can do that to him, he has to think, there's somebody out there that would Chris Weidman his ass in a jif, I think that's important, understanding that you can lose.

Now let me log on to my other accounts and pat myself on the back too.

i think jones is shook. even though he won, it's the 1st time he got battered like that after dominating performances

Back