• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

lol, and all the damage he took was just "superficial". :rolleyes:

Who would have thought Jones was in a fight, wow, some fighters get damaged in fights.

Maybe jones has spoiled some of you, he put the bar up so high that being in a fight is actually new to some of you.

????

You do know the beef between them is because of jones saying he wanted to fight Cormier when he and Cormier were talking.

Jones walked up to cormier and said he heard Cromier was coming to the LHW division and he was ready for him and cormier thought jones a bit d1ckish when he said it.

Wasn't that when he thought he was "more than human" or whatever the fuck his shirt said when he fought Gus.

Now that Gus smashed some reality into his head, I think he now realizes he can be destroyed just as easy as anyone else.

Who would have thought Jones was in a fight, wow, some fighters get damaged in fights.

Maybe jones has spoiled some of you, he put the bar up so high that being in a fight is actually new to some of you.

I'm talking about all the people after the fight who said Jones won because most of the damage was just superficial, some people just swell easier than others bla bla bla.

It's not true, he got hurt in that fight and he got hurt bad, evidenced by him having to go to the hospital while he was convulsing and evidenced by this, where he STILL has problems.

I even commented about him being desperate in the fight and people told me "you don't know he's desperate" and then Jones says he felt desperate for the win in his post fight interview.

Wasn't that when he thought he was "more than human" or whatever the fuck his shirt said when he fought Gus.

Now that Gus smashed some reality into his head, I think he now realizes he can be destroyed just as easy as anyone else.

If you hear jones talk about his fights he has stated that he trains to make sure he doesn't lose and that anyone can lose, its just who wants it more.

Jones also has a loss on his record and has been hit before earlier in his career. Yes, jones has been in wars earlier in his career, you may want to watch them.

I dont think this competitive fight would change a thing, but its a cute fantasy.

If you hear jones talk about his fights he has stated that he trains to make sure he doesn't lose and that anyone can lose, its just who wants it more.

Jones also has a loss on his record and has been hit before earlier in his career. Yes, jones has been in wars earlier in his career, you may want to watch them.

I dont think this competitive fight would change a thing, but its a cute fantasy.

And exactly which fight did this war happen? Only time he looked remotely human before the Gus fight was rnd 1 against Machida. And even that round is exaggerated in terms of how outstruck he got.

????

You do know the beef between them is because of jones saying he wanted to fight Cormier when he and Cormier were talking.

Jones walked up to cormier and said he heard Cromier was coming to the LHW division and he was ready for him and cormier thought jones a bit d1ckish when he said it.

Not true. He said he wanted to be friends with Cormier because black guys in mma should stick together. He tried to seal this by acting like he didn't know who Cormier was and "jokingly" said he thought he could take him down.

Since then he's repeatedly tried to build a narrative of Cormier not being on his level and should have a few fights at LHW before he fights Jonathan Dwight.

Even tried to matchmake a fight between Cormier and Gustafsson several times in both interviews and on twitter.

I'm talking about all the people after the fight who said Jones won because most of the damage was just superficial, some people just swell easier than others bla bla bla.

It's not true, he got hurt in that fight and he got hurt bad, evidenced by him having to go to the hospital while he was convulsing and evidenced by this, where he STILL has problems.

I even commented about him being desperate in the fight and people told me "you don't know he's desperate" and then Jones says he felt desperate for the win in his post fight interview.

Jones and Gus both got beat up in the fight and the scoring was done in the fight.

Also If jones was hurt so bad Gus should of been able to put jones away easily if that was the case. Jones wasnt hurt bad enough for Gus to be able to win the fight or put jones away but put in a great showing.

Jones was the one who actually rocked Gus in the entire fight and was the one who actually had Gus in real trouble in the fight.

As many have said, it was a competitive fight and the after fight theatrics is just that, theatrics.

Last edited:

Obviously he wasn't in a war like the one with Gus. Before that fight the worse injury he incurred was from himself ripping his toe off.

If you fail to see that Jones' confidence has waivered, then I don't know what to say. I say it's a good thing, for him and the sport. He was forced to eat some of that humble pie.

But just because I don't hungrily suck on his nuts doesn't mean I'm an absolute hater.

He has a loss on his record for illegally elbowing Hamill lol, that's not a real loss. What he says is true, anyone can be beat, but just because you say it doesn't mean you believe it. The evidence is in that shirt where he acts like he's not human. Or when he talks about fighting one of the Klitschkos.

He is human, and he found out that night with Gustaffsson. Your stiff arm doesn't work on Gustaffsson and it won't work on HWs, so he can stop trying to imply that he'd fight JDS or Cain or any of those top HWs.

His head was getting too big and Gus brought him back to earth. You don't think that's a good thing? Sounds like a personal problem.

Not true.

It prompted Dana to rightfully call him "worried" which is a synonym to "afraid".

Again as I said, Jones told Cormier when they met that he heard cormier was coming down to LHW and that he was ready for him and this is from cormier who thought it was d1ckish on jones part.

Outside of that, you can theorize or fantasize whatever you want.

Last edited:
Well, that was quite the battle. I want to see the best version of Jones. I just hope the delay is short.

Obviously he wasn't in a war like the one with Gus. Before that fight the worse injury he incurred was from himself ripping his toe off.

If you fail to see that Jones' confidence has waivered, then I don't know what to say. I say it's a good thing, for him and the sport. He was forced to eat some of that humble pie.

But just because I don't hungrily suck on his nuts doesn't mean I'm an absolute hater.

He has a loss on his record for illegally elbowing Hamill lol, that's not a real loss.

He is human, and he found out that night with Gustaffsson. Your stiff arm doesn't work on Gustaffsson and it won't work on HWs, so he can stop trying to imply that he'd fight JDS or Cain or any of those top HWs.

His head was getting too big and Gus brought him back to earth. You don't think that's a good thing? Sounds like a personal problem.

You seem to be a bit emotional about this issue more than others, maybe its a personal issue you have with jones. Jones can say he wants to fight JDS or Cain and its his right to do so, you have no say in it.

Go outside and see the sun, you are bit emotionally pent up. It was a fight and he had a good fight but has been in wars before just like the Gus fight earlier in his career.

Whether or not he was brought down to earth or down to the place you want him to be is something you and I cant answer. We will see going forward if he indeed is brought down to whatever level you wish him to be.

Last edited:
sounds like bullshit to me, but then, I'd duck out on Glover too

Again as I said, Jones told Cormier when they met that he heard cormier was coming down to LHW and that he was ready for him and this is from cormier who thought it was d1ckish on jones part.

Outside of that, you can theorize or fantasize whatever you want.

If I'm quoting what he and others has said then I'm obviously not "theorizing" or "fantasizing".

You on the other hand...

You seem a bit emotionally tempered in the issue more than others, maybe its a personal issue you have with jones. Jones can say he wants to fight JDS or Cain and its his right to do so, you have no say in it.

Go outside and see the sun you are bit emotionally pent up.
It was a fight and he had a good fight but has been in wars before just like the Gus fight earlier in his career.

Whether or not he was brought down to earth or down to the place you want him to be is something you and I cant answer. We will see going forward if he indeed is brought down to whatever level you wish him to be.

Isn't this shtick getting a little tired by now? You've been using it since before the Jones/Gustafsson fight calling those who gave Gustafsson a chance (not even the win but a chance) "delusional", "crazy", "emotional" and what not.

It's quite obvious by now that it is indeed you that's being emotional and can't keep a coherent argument in a rational debate. So for your own sake stop making an ass of yourself by adding emotionally charged arguments.

And exactly which fight did this war happen? Only time he looked remotely human before the Gus fight was rnd 1 against Machida. And even that round is exaggerated in terms of how outstruck he got.

If you have to ask which fight has jones looked human in his career than you really haven't paid attention to it.

It's easy to be brave when you're looking down on a guy. Fact is both Bonnar and Gusmao took it to him and he looked anything but comfortable against Vera until he landed the TD. All this was pointed out by "the haters" prior to the fight but dismissed by his freakishly weird cult following as delusions.

qSQbV3.gif

Really a 21-22 year old 9 fight professional looks uncomftorable? Please let me know how many fighters that age and with that much experience don't look akward.

If I'm quoting what he and others has said then I'm obviously not "theorizing" or "fantasizing".

You on the other hand...

Isn't this shtick getting a little tired by now? You've been using it since before the Jones/Gustafsson fight calling those who gave Gustafsson a chance (not even the win but a chance) "delusional", "crazy", "emotional" and what not.

It's quite obvious by now that it is indeed you that's being emotional and can't keep a coherent argument in a rational debate. So for your own sake stop making an ass of yourself by adding emotionally charged arguments.

Its a quote from cormier, go look it up.

Also, I said that Gustafson could beat Jones if he keeps it standing and that Gus was a fantastic fighter who I thought would be champion had jones not been in the division.

Ughuh, when it comes to being an ass, you take the cake and please mind your business when I am talking to someone else.

Really a 21-22 year old 9 fight professional looks uncomftorable? Please let me know how many fighters that age and with that much experience don't look akward.

He looked just as awkward and uncomfortable fighting Gustafsson so your point is moot.

Also you're backpedaling cause I clearly remember "Team Jones" (including you) saying he didn't look shook or anything in those fights. The story we were told is that he'd looked invincible without any flaws consistently throughout his entire career.

Back