Dana - "GSP needs to fight someone in the LW top 5"

3nigma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing with that quote but that is essentially what Dana said about GSP in terms of him getting a title fight at LW.

If you take the UFC LW rankings you get:

1. Ferguson
2. McGregor
3. Poirier
4. Lee
5. Barboza

Tony is looking for a title fight (which he has earned) with Khabib or perhaps a fight with Conor which pretty much eliminates him from fighting GSP. Poirier is hurt and a date for his return is not set which means he is out right now. Lee already has a fight set with Al and depending on the outcome may fall from top 5. That leaves Conor and Barboza to fight GSP.

Conor recently said he will take the next in line if he can't get a rematch (does not deserve). Dana as a promoter should put two and two together and realize GSP vs Conor makes sense based on what he has said and the current situation.

That might not be a fight many on here want to see but it will sell like crazy.

Either Dana does not want Conor fighting GSP becuase the risk is too great (Conor losing another fight) or he simply does not want to give GSP that payday.

Khabib vs Tony
GSP vs Conor

Winners meet.

Fuck rankings - do Nate vs GSP, it will be fun and sell.

If GSP can make weight and win, give him the winner of Khabib and Tony

GSP will be fighting Khabib next for the belt.

Conor confirmed!!

If there is anyone that doesn't need to jump through hoops to get big fights it is GOATsp. Dana knows this and he won't waste a chance to rake in big cash.

#1 Dana will book Khabib vs Ferg

#2 One of the two will pull out

#3 Enter GSP

#4 Profit

The question is whether GSP is willing to sacrifice cutting to LW and taking a potentially dangerous fight in order to get a shot at the belt. We'll see how badly he wants it.

It's Dana though so book Khabib-GSP.

What does GSP (legacy) get out of fighting a guy without a title?

Nothing.

He already has money.

Trying to make a GSP Khabib fight as they're too dumb to market Woodley V Khabib which is a higher grade fight with higher level fighters

I agree. Conor vs GSP makes sense.

Conor is ranked top 5, It's a money fight and the winner gets to fight Khabib. That's 2 money fights.

Only thing is Ferguson would have to fight Khabib first. Wouldn't make sense to bump Ferguson.

And Conor doesn't seem interested at all with a fight against GSP.

Fuck rankings - do Nate vs GSP, it will be fun and sell.

If GSP can make weight and win, give him the winner of Khabib and Tony

Nick had nothing for GSP, I really don't see how this one would be different.

I would like to see Tony get his shot first. I'm a big GSP fan but Tony is more deserving of a title fight than anyone on the roster.

I honestly see GSP doing exactly what Khabib did to Conor. Get him down and drain him. After that he can do whatever he wants. The man took flush shots from prime Hendricks and was not dropped.

What does GSP (legacy) get out of fighting a guy without a title?

Nothing.

He already has money.
... more money? And an easy stylistic matchup to earn a shot at the LW title?

Thinking about it, it would be awesome

Khabib vs Ferguson
And
Conor vs GSP

On the same card.

The winner of Conor vs GSP gets to fight the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson for the belt.

GSP v. Conor makes no sense. From a competitive standpoint it's not interesting and neither man is interested in the matchup.

So this couldn't go in the other thread already posted about this? You needed your own thread so everyone could see your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back