Media UFC-president Dana White catches a FedEx worker on a bad day

You make good points but at the end of the day people like this are essentially one rung up the ladder from being slaves.

This guy is probably barely making enough money to support himself let alone if he has a family or wants one.

And he's expected to just move thousands of packages over and over day in and out with a smile on his face
They get paid like $25 an hour

Bunch of dorks taking pleasure in another man's misfortune like they have any idea what his life is like.

Same ol' pitchfork holding village people calling for retributive violence - absolute impotent rage. You're mad that you've had issues with shipping like everyone else? That's enough celebrate the punishment of a man you don't know?

No better than the cancel culture mobs that most of the posters here probably complain about on the regular.
The dude obviously didn’t give a shit about his job. What he was doing affects others and costs people money and time. You’re what’s wrong with society with that victim mindset. Actions have consequences, he wasn’t simply slacking off a work, he was damaging peoples shit for no reason other than him being a piece of shit lowlife

Bunch of dorks taking pleasure in another man's misfortune like they have any idea what his life is like.

Same ol' pitchfork holding village people calling for retributive violence - absolute impotent rage. You're mad that you've had issues with shipping like everyone else? That's enough celebrate the punishment of a man you don't know?

No better than the cancel culture mobs that most of the posters here probably complain about on the regular.
This guy sucks.

I'm not advocating for anyone to lose their job but when you're fired for doing something like this on camera you'll only have a small list of defenders.

You make good points but at the end of the day people like this are essentially one rung up the ladder from being slaves.

This guy is probably barely making enough money to support himself let alone if he has a family or wants one.

And he's expected to just move thousands of packages over and over day in and out with a smile on his face
Well now he doesn't have to. A fedex drive in NYC makes like $60k. Nobody gives a shit about "a smile on his face". If you don't like working in a restaurant, that doesn't mean you get to take a shit in someone's food, and if you don't like delivering fedex packages, you don't get to break people's stuff. If he hated the job and didn't want it, then Dana posting the video was a huge favor to him and liberated him from a job he hated.

If the guy is barely making enough money to support himself why doesn't he try to get a better job? If he wants a family and his job doesn't pay well, why doesn't he work toward getting a better job so he can afford to have a family? There's absolutely no reason why a single dude with no family can't try and get something better. Even a dude with a family can sometimes get something better, although it is significantly harder, it's still possible. i get life sucks for everyone right now but it doesn't make it right to fuck up everyone else's day because you're having a fucked day.

I don't think anyone expects these guys to move thousands of packages with a smile. They just expect them to at LEAST try and do the job properly. Imagine going to a restaurant where the chef's are too upset and lazy to care to cook your food properly..and you paid good money and were hungry, would you still be fine with that?

The dude obviously didn’t give a shit about his job. What he was doing affects others and costs people money and time. You’re what’s wrong with society with that victim mindset. Actions have consequences, he wasn’t simply slacking off a work, he was damaging peoples shit for no reason other than him being a piece of shit lowlife

This guy sucks.

I'm not advocating for anyone to lose their job but when you're fired for doing something like this on camera you'll only have a small list of defenders.

Never had a bad day? A moment of weakness? You wouldn't want others to show you sympathy?

The point is there are infinite reasons that someone would act like this. You don't have context to judge and you never could. It's just petulant anger. I'm sorry that someone was mean to you or that your life is hard. Everyone's life is hard, that's the point. Getting mad doesn't help anyone, but empathy and kindness might.

A bunch of pretend little lordlings are all offended and upset over the peasants being unhappy with their manual labor jobs.

Get tf over yourselves you clowns.
Manual labor was once back bone of economy, now no one take pride in it. Society is now weak. Hope this "man" takes long hard look in mirror.

Manual labor was once back bone of economy, now no one take pride in it. Society is now weak. Hope this "man" takes long hard look in mirror.
Manual labor used to pay a living wage. There's no pride in slaving away 40-60 hours a week and can only afford a tiny shitty apartment that has mold

If the guy is barely making enough money to support himself why doesn't he try to get a better job? If he wants a family and his job doesn't pay well, why doesn't he work toward getting a better job so he can afford to have a family? There's absolutely no reason why a single dude with no family can't try and get something better. Even a dude with a family can sometimes get something better, although it is significantly harder, it's still possible. i get life sucks for everyone right now but it doesn't make it right to fuck up everyone else's day because you're having a fucked day.

I don't think anyone expects these guys to move thousands of packages with a smile. They just expect them to at LEAST try and do the job properly. Imagine going to a restaurant where the chef's are too upset and lazy to care to cook your food properly..and you paid good money and were hungry, would you still be fine with that?
So everyone with a shit job like this should get a better job?

Then who is moving the packages?

Do they move themselves?

So everyone with a shit job like this should get a better job?

Then who is moving the packages?

Do they move themselves?
Ah, this argument. You do realize that just because one person finds a job shit doesn't mean everyone else will find it shit? Everyone has different tolerance levels. Just cause this guy can't tolerate the job doesn't mean there won't be a guy after him that can.

Never had a bad day? A moment of weakness? You wouldn't want others to show you sympathy?

The point is there are infinite reasons that someone would act like this. You don't have context to judge and you never could. It's just petulant anger. I'm sorry that someone was mean to you or that your life is hard. Everyone's life is hard, that's the point. Getting mad doesn't help anyone, but empathy and kindness might.
Stop projecting your bullshit on to me, you're an off-putting mixture of passive aggressive insincerity and unironic hypocrisy.

I make a point to count my blessings and avoid comparison, but that is irrelevant to the topic in this thread.

You're the only one who's mad in this thread, you're almost seemingly intentionally taking people's posts out of context for the sake of disagreement.

Everyone's life isn't hard, you're close minded if you think the world is measured by your metrics.

Empathy and kindness has nothing to do with work ethic. It also has nothing to do with being responsible for the consequences of your actions which includes being fired for doing an objectively bad job on camera in a public environment.

This is the weirdest post I've been tagged in for almost 20 years of sherdog.

Manual labor used to pay a living wage. There's no pride in slaving away 40-60 hours a week and can only afford a tiny shitty apartment that has mold
This. I do twelve hour overnight shifts of manual labor l, so I can live in a shit hole studio downtown. I take pride in what I do because I have a work ethic, but it's hard for me to blame the ones that don't. Lots of people are getting a shit deal with limited options.

Then people say oh those guys male $20 an hour like it's 1990 and that's a decent rate of pay. $20 ain't shit in this economy.

How did you get all of that out of my post? I literally said that I understand why people like that Fedex guy do what they do, but also that in them doing so, it ends up fucking other people over elsewhere. Like that Fedex guy just created more work for the people that have to deal with processing returns and exchanges at the places these parcels were being sent from as well as the people that have to deliver the items back to the place of origin and those that are responsible for sending out replacements.
Don't even try to rationalize the response. Dude is a cock in every thread and overly aggressive. Been bullied in life and the only modicum of control he has is how shitty he can be to others on a karate forum. That or he's retarded.

There’s a bald ups guy that delivers to my work and stuff is always damaged. I’ve seen him throwing stuff around I’m putting a a camera to get him fired too.

Stop projecting your bullshit on to me, you're an off-putting mixture of passive aggressive insincerity and unironic hypocrisy.

I make a point to count my blessings and avoid comparison, but that is irrelevant to the topic in this thread.

You're the only one who's mad in this thread, you're almost seemingly intentionally taking people's posts out of context for the sake of disagreement.

Everyone's life isn't hard, you're close minded if you think the world is measured by your metrics.

Empathy and kindness has nothing to do with work ethic. It also has nothing to do with being responsible for the consequences of your actions which includes being fired for doing an objectively bad job on camera in a public environment.

This is the weirdest post I've been tagged in for almost 20 years of sherdog.
I guess you could make an argument that I've been hypocritical in that I could have shown more patience to the posters whom I am addressing in this thread. But I don't think my initial post is inflammatory or mean spirited. Like, you think I'm mad because I used the word "dork"?

If you're as impartial as you claim to be on this topic then I'm not sure why you responded to my initial post with a personal attack. If that was the case, then I was never addressing you or willfully misinterpreting you as you claim. We wouldn't have anything to disagree on. Doesn't that make it projection on your part?

I haven't made any arguments against personal responsibility. If I was to hypothetically happen upon this situation as some kind of internal firing report from FedEx, I wouldn't bat an eye. (ie
employee gets caught on camera doing something negligent and is punished) It's annoying to me when my own coworkers are lazy and create work more for me.

What I am arguing against is a powerful man using his power to get another man fired and for others to celebrate this. That I am not a fan of. This is where I am calling for kindness, I'm not sure how you got the impression that I was tieing it to work ethic. How would that make any sense at all?

If you don't think everyone's life is hard then I suppose we just disagree on that. I feel that suffering is just a part of being human.

I don't see how you could fairly judge this man's work ethic from this one video. Maybe he has been an exemplary employee for every other single minute of his working career. Maybe he knew that this package wouldn't be susceptible to any damage. Like I said before you can't know the context.

Back