Dana doesnt really care about Big Nog's "well-being"

I sort of agree. I mean Nog has been washed up for like 5 years. If you were so concerned with his wellbeing you would have done something a lot sooner.

Dana said he's going to offer Big nog a office type job in the UFC like he did Chuck and Hughes. Help develop things in Brazil more. He doesn't want to lose a great guy like that from his organization.

Once he retires they finish his contract. He can do whatever.

Once he retires they finish his contract. He can do whatever.

So what do you think the UFC would do if GSP wanted to be a commentator for Bellator or WSOF? I'm betting they'd be quick to bring up that he's still under contract with them.

He already has a job lined up with UFC for when he hangs his gloves up so there's no way he's gonna fight anywhere else

Your right dana doesn't care about anyones well being. He is a greedy douche. Its about time people wake up and see the truth. Who ever sticks up for him is under the ufc spell they cast.

I just like how on the Saturday night & the months leading up they feel completely comfortable even proud to put a shot Nog, Leben or Kos on their PPV agaisnt young, hungry opponents like Struve or Uriah Hall but after that's over then it's "oh yeah" definitely he's done now. Like there was some kind of new unforeseen revelation that comes out of a shot Kos losing to a wild younger finisher in Erick Silva. They go into the we just care so much and don't want to risk his health anymore direction. Uh, Hours ago you sent that same over the hill guy out there with someone younger with at least half the miles on them in cage fight with most of the world already knowing what was likely to happen.

Glad someone else noticed.

The end doesn't justify the means anymore. I am sure the cost of putting him on a card and then having to pay another fighter to fight him is not worth the effort. Other fighters that are on there way up that are in the top ten see fighting "current" Nog as a lateral movement. It won't draw enough viewers to bump the profit to wet Dana's whistle. They also have plenty of Brazilian fighters to fill a Brazil card. Plus I think that someone as well known and established as Nog wouldn't like being put further down a card just to for fill his contract. Or maybe he would, I don't know, I may just be clueless.

Also, Dana has known some of these guys for a long time and I would think, even though hes a profit driven D-bag, He has some respect and admiration for them.

Dana said he's going to offer Big nog a office type job in the UFC like he did Chuck and Hughes. Help develop things in Brazil more. He doesn't want to lose a great guy like that from his organization.

He doesn't want Nog to fight for Bellator and be part of the competition.

It's obvious he cannot compete at the UFC level anymore, but he's still a big name in the business and could very much compete in a lesser org. They don't want to keep offering him fights, and they don't want to release him.

So they will offer him an empty job. I am OK with that. But lets not call it something other than exactly what it is.

So what do you think the UFC would do if GSP wanted to be a commentator for Bellator or WSOF? I'm betting they'd be quick to bring up that he's still under contract with them.

What I'm saying is that they can get out of it. There is probably a fine but they can leave. GSP is still on contract so he is still getting paychecks, even without fighting.

Dana White, despite his obvious failings, has had a fairly decent history of showing concern for the health and safety of his stars, especially those who don't make a habit of getting into fights with him or the UFC.

The only reason he wants him to retire now is because he still has fights left on his contract and doesnt want him finishing it out, retiring, and then show up at Bellator or other MMA events like autograph signings, etc.

this is actually brilliant if true.
Sneaky Dana!!! :icon_twis

I just like how on the Saturday night & the months leading up they feel completely comfortable even proud to put a shot Nog, Leben or Kos on their PPV agaisnt young, hungry opponents like Struve or Uriah Hall but after that's over then it's "oh yeah" definitely he's done now. Like there was some kind of new unforeseen revelation that comes out of a shot Kos losing to a wild younger finisher in Erick Silva. They go into the we just care so much and don't want to risk his health anymore direction. Uh, Hours ago you sent that same over the hill guy out there with someone younger with at least half the miles on them in cage fight with most of the world already knowing what was likely to happen.

It reaches a point at which it's time to throw in the towel. Koscheck could have come in and ground Silva out and choked him and no one would have been surprised.

The only reason he wants him to retire now is because he still has fights left on his contract and doesnt want him finishing it out, retiring, and then show up at Bellator or other MMA events like autograph signings, etc.

That's a very interesting theory

Back