Dana doesnt really care about Big Nog's "well-being"

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
The only reason he wants him to retire now is because he still has fights left on his contract and doesnt want him finishing it out, retiring, and then show up at Bellator or other MMA events like autograph signings, etc.

He can't retire and fight elsewhere. If he has fights on his contract that means they will be under the ufc banner.

Surely he can do as he pleases upon retiring ?.
I really hope so at least.

Came to bash but it may actually be a decent point

They need top of the card guys for Brazilian cards bad so I doubt it.

I don't know. I mean I can't stand Dana and think he's a huge liar and a smug a-hole. But he has followed MMA for a long time. Everyone in MMA respects Nog and nobody wants to see him take any more damage or go out there looking like a Zombie.

I just like how on the Saturday night & the months leading up they feel completely comfortable even proud to put a shot Nog, Leben or Kos on their PPV agaisnt young, hungry opponents like Struve or Uriah Hall but after that's over then it's "oh yeah" definitely he's done now. Like there was some kind of new unforeseen revelation that comes out of a shot Kos losing to a wild younger finisher in Erick Silva. They go into the we just care so much and don't want to risk his health anymore direction. Uh, Hours ago you sent that same over the hill guy out there with someone younger with at least half the miles on them in cage fight with most of the world already knowing what was likely to happen.

Surely he can do as he pleases upon retiring ?.
I really hope so at least.

If he retires while still under a fighting contract with the UFC, he cant make money off his own name because ZUFFA still holds the rights to his likeness. It's the same thing they did to Wandy after he was suspended and wanted to do an autograph signing during a Bellator expo.

That's why they dont mind giving long contract extensions to aging fighters because they know they'll never finish them out and thus keeping them under the UFC banner forever.

I think its more about Dana not wanting to see another awful fight like the Struve one. Not so much about his health

I dont know about that, he said he wants to give Nog a job after. Which makes sense, he can do something with UFC in Brazil

Dana's not like that.he cares about every fighters wellbeing.
Maybe they'll keep selling Big Nog's shirt at Reebok, maybe throw him a percentage or something.

I dont know about that, he said he wants to give Nog a job after. Which makes sense, he can do something with UFC in Brazil

Don't ruin the speculative Dana-hatin'...!

Dana's not like that.he cares about every fighters wellbeing.
Maybe they'll keep selling Big Nog's shirt at Reebok, maybe throw him a percentage or something.

well if that's what you believe then... welcome to the forum being a fan of mma and the ufc specifically! there are many knowledgeable members on sherdog that will be happy to help you along in the forum!

Nog has earned the right to fight cans. I would still watch him.

The UFC is a meat grinder. For all its flaws, PRIDE knew how to build their stars. For proof, see legend of Sakuraba.

I'm pretty critical of Dana White. But you conspiracy theorists are just insane.

i dont think dana wants nog to die on his show

Nog has earned the right to fight cans. I would still watch him.

The UFC is a meat grinder. For all its flaws, PRIDE knew how to build their stars. For proof, see legend of Sakuraba.

sakuraba was doing it all himself,pride just let him run with it. He was like a japanese mcgregor.

Back