dana did the right thing here!

The Fertitta's make the decisions, not Dana White. He's the guy they pay to carry out their agenda.

Cutting Palhares was a terrible decision. An excuse to clear the roster of one more fighter making bank in order to sign some kids dumb enough to sign on the dotted line for pennies on the dollar.

The_Devil__s_Contract_by_JC_790514.gif

You seriously have to be the biggest nut job on this site.

damn i wanted to see paul harris vs. maia / shields

Why not ban the heel hook altogether?Palhares may be guilty of some sort but it's really the dangerous nature of the hold.

The UFC makes no sense anymore. I give up trying to understand them.

I feel ya...

You can't be serious. This is the fourth person in his career he's held on to a hold long after the referee tried stepping in. Not to mention the fact that it's his SECOND infraction with the UFC having been suspended 90 days previously. This isn't anything new or do you forget what happened to Babalu after not releasing the Anaconda choke on David Heath? He was cut immediately and it was his first offense. So can you please try and show a modicum of intelligence when you post and not some borderline tinfoil hat nonsense?

Wasn't it the Commission that suspended him?--can't remember off hand

50/50 on this one.

Dana did something that went against immediate business interests, as palhares is bank.

On the other hand, Dan Henderson dont get released for punching unconscious people in the head, and Diaz and Shields helped to destroy strikeforce, and get love, but Daley gets hate for throwing a hook.

Nevertheless, i like Palhares, but its nice to see Dana safeguarding the sport for once, instead of destroying it.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, i suppose.

I'm with you mate.

Funny how Dana nor anyone made a huge deal when bj vs pulver happen

Point.

The Fertitta's make the decisions, not Dana White. He's the guy they pay to carry out their agenda.

Cutting Palhares was a terrible decision. An excuse to clear the roster of one more fighter making bank in order to sign some kids dumb enough to sign on the dotted line for pennies on the dollar.

The_Devil__s_Contract_by_JC_790514.gif

Ahhh.. A welcomed reminder that post count means nothing. You give us whitebelts hope my friend. The guy has done this numerous times in the past, not exactly going to turn mma haters in politics in favor of it. I love watching palhares fight but he is supposed to be a professional. Result of the fight would have been the same had he let go a few seconds earlier, not to mention 50k extra cash and a career in the UFC.

Why not ban the heel hook altogether?Palhares may be guilty of some sort but it's really the dangerous nature of the hold.

It's not about the hold, any hold can injure a fighter. The point is that once the contest is over you do not injure another fighter.

Did he seriously hurt his opponent?

Irrelevant. It's not about if he hurt someone but if he tried to (intent). Hyperbole analogy: If a guy tries to kill another guy by shooting a gun at him but misses would it be okay? The difference is that one will land you in jail, while the other (holding a submission too long) will land you a violation of conduct, in this case Palhares got released because he couldn't keep his shit in order over multiple fights.

Honestly, as far as releasing him goes, I think it was a decent decision. It's not the first time he's done this and he has no real value to the organization, as in he's a one trick pony with no real shot at much other than a gatekeeper at best and he's a liablity towards young up and comers.

tru...but that doesn't make it right either

No damage was caused, pholurus held it for 0.9 secs after the ref intervened... Fight is not over till the ref says it's over.. What if pierce would have tapped and he would have let it go and the ref would have said the fight continues??

Bro, my mother has been paying for my BJJ class for three months now and we're not even allowed to think about leg locks in class. Too dangerous. So dont argue with me about this, I know what im talking about.

everything about this post makes me laugh.

Last edited:
I think it probably is the right thing to do. But it's also probably the wrong thing for people to be 'happy' about it at the same time.

It's just a really unfortunate situation for everybody.

Back