Dana compares Rousey to Tyson, let us analyse their skills.

Jose Aldo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Example 1 Ronda

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Example 2, Tyson age 15

post-60128-how-fast-was-Mike-Tyson-boxing-71Cv.gif

I see the comparison.

lol Ronda is suicidal due to her loss and all Dana wants to do is make the rematch again for $$$$

Dana is a pure savage LOl

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Tyson = 37-0 before losing

Ronda = 12-0 before losing

Tyson = extremely likeable and a good sportsman (even if he scares people)

Ronda = horrible sportman

That Tyson gif! I almost forgot how insanely fast he was for a heavyweight.

Tyson in his prime was a force of nature.

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

History has perhaps changed the story a bit, but Mike Tyson was anything but likeable when I was following him at the time. I guess he's likeable if you like ignorant, sexist, poorly spoken bullies who fade when someone can take their punch and whom you suspect might murder someone just cuz....

I agree with everything else, though!

That Tyson head movment.

I've seen that Ronda gif a 100 times but never noticed her hitting herself in the face with her own shoulders lol

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Lol at extremely likeable.

Ya, man. There was a clip of him on here a year or so ago, hitting the heavybag. The power and speed aside, the fucking legs and thickness on that guy! He looked to be built stronger for wrestling than most wrestlers, and that was without training for wrestling! He would have been a killer in MMA if he was born 10 years later, or even if he had his head screwed on a little straighter. Only fought at about 215, too. Easy LHW, maybe even lower, if he wanted.

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Tyson was a good sportsman? Are we talking about the same guy that bit and tore holyfields ear off? Or threatening to eat Lennos Lewes' family? He was most certainly not a good sportsman. When beating bums and cans, doesn't count. That is pretty much how tyson built up his entire resume. His toughest and biggest name was a blown up LH in michael spinks. who was only a mediocre heavyweight at best.

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Ha! How is biting someone's ear off because they are beating your ass again a good sportsman?!?

Tyson was fast on the inside. On the outside, he was given trouble by even mediocre fighters. Sure, he was fast, hit like a truck, but he was a 1 dimensional fighter and was exposed as soon as he fought tougher fighters, that actually had winning records.

Ya, man. There was a clip of him on here a year or so ago, hitting the heavybag. The power and speed aside, the fucking legs and thickness on that guy! He looked to be built stronger for wrestling than most wrestlers, and that was without training for wrestling! He would have been a killer in MMA if he was born 10 years later, or even if he had his head screwed on a little straighter. Only fought at about 215, too. Easy LHW, maybe even lower, if he wanted.

If he ever fought when Ali fought, he wouldn't even be top 5. Foreman and Frazier alone would have decimated him. Especially foreman. Ali in his prime, would have made tyson look like a child. Sonny listen would have killed tyson. You people really should watch some older fights.

Tyson is 15 in that gif? Jesus Christ...

I love That Tyson video, always have. He looks like a wild salmon swimming upstream.
A force of nature.

Naw, he's too short for MMA. In boxing short guys are only at a disadvantage on the outside, in MMA they are at a disadvantage EVERYWHERE.

Tyson was a good sportsman? Are we talking about the same guy that bit and tore holyfields ear off? Or threatening to eat Lennos Lewes' family? He was most certainly not a good sportsman. When beating bums and cans, doesn't count. That is pretty much how tyson built up his entire resume. His toughest and biggest name was a blown up LH in michael spinks. who was only a mediocre heavyweight at best.

There is a tendency from some people to greatly overstate Tyson's achievements, but then there is an equal tendency to completely understate them. This is an example of the latter. Tyson beat a lot of good HWs and unified the HW titles at a young age. He has a good resume. It doesn't stack up to the greatest HW resumes of all time, nor does it really fit his reputation in the minds of many casual boxing observers, but it's still a very respectable resume.

Back