Dana compares Rousey to Tyson, let us analyse their skills.

Holy was headbutting him

Was even hard to tell from the replays if the headbutts were intentional imo. Tyson clearly just wanted out of the fight after he was warned the first time, and came back and did it again. He realized he was going to lose again.

If he ever fought when Ali fought, he wouldn't even be top 5. Foreman and Frazier alone would have decimated him. Especially foreman. Ali in his prime, would have made tyson look like a child. Sonny listen would have killed tyson. You people really should watch some older fights.

Where, in the entirety of my post, did you come to the assumption that I know nothing of the 70's era fighters or was in any way comparing Tyson to the 70's era fighters?

As for your points - nostalgic hogwash. First off, I'm likely older than you, have seen all of the big fights from then, including all involving Ernie Shavers, Larry Holmes and Ken Norton, and am not biased towards Tyson, in fact I dislike him, if you read my other post in this thread.

To make blanket statements like you've made is the epitome of a green fight watcher, or participant. To say any of them whips any of them easily is stupid, as they mostly all had close fights and rematches that went the other way. Styles make fights, and Tyson is very similar in his approach as Joe Frazier. The differences being that Tyson was faster and more powerful due to the speed, and that Frazier had a lot more heart and cardio. I would have favored Big George against any, including a rematch with Ali, however to poohpooh another person who thinks Tyson would be competitive with them (which I in no way even alluded to in any hypothetical way) is ignorant and pompous.

Now, on to my actual post - Tyson was absolutely built for massive double legs and bodylock throws as a follow up to his hooks and uppercuts. Ditto Frazier, if you wanna bring hypotheticals into my only point - that Tyson could have BEEN A FORCE IN MMA IF HE HAD HIS HEAD SCREWED ON STRAIGHT/if there was money in it when he wasn't old, yet. Ali would have had to really work on his sprawl to go along with his footwork....

Why am I doing this? I am simply shocked what you got out of my first post. I agree, the 70's era was deeper than Tyson's short era when he was at the top.

Example 2, Tyson age 15

post-60128-how-fast-was-Mike-Tyson-boxing-71Cv.gif

I see the comparison.

Is that Tyson gif speeded up ?

Naw, he's too short for MMA. In boxing short guys are only at a disadvantage on the outside, in MMA they are at a disadvantage EVERYWHERE.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Depends on the fighter and his athletic ability/training background. If you're thinking of a Jon Jones type, than ya, he uses his height well and is a strong wrestler in the clinch. There are a ton of tall guys who are ripe for singles and doubles, though. especially lanky kickboxing/boxing crossovers. Tyson, to me, and I mean with some training obviously, could become hard to take down in the way that mostly untrained Mark Hunt has become. Its the type of guy who, if he can be stronger in the clinch, actually gets unlimited time to work from there, unlike boxing.

If prime Tyson and a gorilla were both locked in a cage and knew that only one of them could walk out alive...

My money is on Tyson walking out sporting a fresh new gorilla fur jacket.

I've always loved this excuse. As if someone fighting dirty on the inside (something Tyson did throughout his career) justifies biting someone's ear off.

Holy was flat out whoopin him that second fight. I was totally unsurprised that Tyson got that dirty. He was looking for a way out that didn't involve eating the mat.

As far as excuses, I'll put it out there that Buster beat him masterfully. Not some fluke like some would like to believe.

Holy was flat out whoopin him that second fight. I was totally unsurprised that Tyson got that dirty. He was looking for a way out that didn't involve eating the mat.

As far as excuses, I'll put it out there that Buster beat him masterfully. Not some fluke like some would like to believe.

Douglas, much like Tyson after the first few years of his career, was a headcase. He had a lot of talent, but he only really put it all together for a single fight in his career. I think it's clear that Tyson wasn't in the best form of his career, but Douglas was a big HW with some skill, decent size, and impressive physical tools. If I remember correctly Douglas was up on all the scorecards, as well. He boxed him well all fight and came through the adversity that he faced in that fight with KD well. Unfortunately, he never replicated the form he was in for that fight again in his career and immediately lost his title rather embarrassingly to Holyfield.

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Tyson = 37-0 before losing

Ronda = 12-0 before losing

Tyson = extremely likeable and a good sportsman (even if he scares people)

Ronda = horrible sportman

Tyson bit a man's ear off and threatened to eat peoples babies....

lol Ronda is suicidal due to her loss and all Dana wants to do is make the rematch again for $$$$

Dana is a pure savage LOl

*ring ring*

Ronda: Hey boss...

Dana: Hey Champ! How you been?

Ronda: Well my jaw still hurts. And I was feeling depressed and suicidal and I've been taking antidepres--

Dana: Good! Good! I keep telling them goofs how mentally strong of a person you are. You are so fucking amazing, you know that?!

Ronda: Well...I'm not sure--

Dana: Hey! Sorry but I gotta go now. Conor is calling. He hates it when I don't pick up right away. Heh. Well, see you in November for the rematch!

*hangs up*

To everyone quoting me about Tyson's sportsmanship

If you do research, everyone said away from the ring Tyson was a soft spoken, nicez shy kid. Really uncomfortable in the limelight. The guy took care of piegons in his spare time when he went training. Didn't rob or steal or sell drugs.

In the ring he transformed himself into an wrecking machine. The ear bite was also retaliation from constant illegal headbutting by Holyfield. While I'm not justifying in I understand it. Watch the fight and you can actually see the headbutting.

Also what I meant by sportman is almost like McGregor where before the fight he wanted to destroy his opponents but after the fight there was no animosity. He didn't talk shit about buster Douglas. He said good job and moved on.

Ronda won't even acknowledge Holly did a great job against her.

Damn everyone drinking a cup of Tyson hateraide.

*ring ring*

Ronda: Hey boss...

Dana: Hey Champ! How you been?

Ronda: Well my jaw still hurts. And I was feeling depressed and suicidal and I've been taking antidepres--

Dana: Good! Good! I keep telling them goofs how mentally strong of a person you are. You are so fucking amazing, you know that?!

Ronda: Well...I'm not sure--

Dana: Hey! Sorry but I gotta go now. Conor is calling. He hates it when I don't pick up right away. Heh. Well, see you in November for the rematch!

*hangs up*

i have dubs or i'd like the shit out of this. good stuff LOl!

Tyson was a good sportsman? Are we talking about the same guy that bit and tore holyfields ear off? Or threatening to eat Lennos Lewes' family? He was most certainly not a good sportsman. When beating bums and cans, doesn't count. That is pretty much how tyson built up his entire resume. His toughest and biggest name was a blown up LH in michael spinks. who was only a mediocre heavyweight at best.
On sherdog, beating Spinks and old man Holmes = greatest heavyweight ever

If prime Tyson and a gorilla were both locked in a cage and knew that only one of them could walk out alive...

My money is on Tyson walking out sporting a fresh new gorilla fur jacket.
my money would be on the gorilla chewing Mike's face off

Example 1 Ronda

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Example 2, Tyson age 15

post-60128-how-fast-was-Mike-Tyson-boxing-71Cv.gif

I see the comparison.

Let's see tyson in a Judo tournament or trying to land an armbar at the age of 15. Obviously Dana was not referring to boxing credentials the same way that people who associate other fighters to boxers mean boxing credentails/skills.

Tyson = slugger

Ronda = judako

Tyson = 37-0 before losing

Ronda = 12-0 before losing

Tyson = extremely likeable and a good sportsman (even if he scares people)

Ronda = horrible sportman

Tyson was extremely likable and a good sportsman?

He bit a guys ear off in the ring and was convicted of rape...

the main difference is that ronda is a woman and i'm insecure that she can beat me up, and therefore will bask in the glory of her defeat and amplify every negative trait she has to paint her as embodiment of pure evil so i can dampen the insecurity that exists in my own mind about my own shortcomings in life.

Back